Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just getting started

Am going to first lifestyle class then 6 months to approval. Help me get thru this.

I am rounding the bases of my supervised diet, one month left. Just stick it out and power through. I have been on this journey since last June though. I just keep on keeping on. Good luck!

Am going to first lifestyle class then 6 months to approval. Help me get thru this.

hi s, my name is rose. it took me 7 months to get to op? it was a very long time to me and i gaind 12 more lbs while i was waiting. Time will pass and you will get there! it is the best thing i ever did for myself. it will be for u also. so hang in there your day will come.

Hi so my day is in 3 days. Tomorrow is my last day of work. Do u keep it a secret or scream it to the world?

Wow I hope I can do this

Dear need2dothisforme; Hi you are right your health will be the gift given to you on this long path!! I have prayed and prayed but I needed to get all the food out of the house that I know I would eat!!! I also promised myself to never have a milkshake ever again if I was lucky and crazy enough to do this. YES IT WAS FOR ME!!! I am glad I gave myself this gift. My mom told everyone that I had the lap-band and I wish she did not do that... Everyone watches to see if I am eating healthy and also if I lose weight!! I would have told no one!!! This was for my health and not a # on the scale... I had to go to the ER two times because the band was to tight and up chucking... My band is very tight now and I have to eat very small pieces of food, or I still can get that feeling. I want my lap-band this way!!! You do not have to keep yours as tight!!! I can feel the area where the port is and some times it will be sore... I rub it and thank god for the reminder that I am feeling better now. In 10 months I have lost 89lbs. I was a size 26/28 and now a size 16. I am fine at this weight but my children and husband would like me to be 150lbs (30lbs. more)... Like I said it was never about a NUMBER for me... Just my health. My doctor said I can lose up to 2-3 years and thought I lost to much to fast... I walked and walked. Some days I could only walk 10 min. some days a little longer. I am still walking!!! I am know just starting to have extra skin on my legs and tummy. My husband is very thin, the kind of guy who would not eat if I didn't cook!!! I do not eat what he does!!! He is a steak kind of guy... He eats NO sweets... That is good. I eat on a very small plate. I take my time. I only eat 1,000 cal. a day and write down every thing I eat every day. I have taken 5-6 days off since I started this. Yes I am still hungry!!! Yes I can eat all the ice cream I want. I can eat a ton of Cookies also... So it is a tool and a mental thing... So you really have to be ready to do the work!!! I wish you luck and will pray for your good health!!! Rose

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches