Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I'm 54 and just hit 200 lbs (tears are brimming in my eyes as I type).

I've been using myfitnesspal.com and I've tried Sparkpeople and WW. I am hungry all the time.

I've been steadily gaining weight for 6 months now and my thyroid is fine, I'm not yet hormonally menopausal so it's all me.

I don't know what to do. I keep hearing an advertisement for obesityseminar.com and the Dr. says it's for people who need to loose 30 lbs or more. I need to loose 60. I feel like I should be able to do this myself and that 60 lbs. just isn't enough to warrant the lapband proceedure.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

I'd like some advise from people who've been here.

Thanks & Blessings :(

I thought I could do it alone, but I hit 247 at my highest and that was enough. My biggest problems were getting hungry between meals and eating to large of portion sizes at meals.

The band helps me with both of these- it helps me stay satisfied longer (3.5-4 hours) on less food. My weight loss is slow but steady.

It all depends on what you want to do. Going to a seminar isn't a commitment to have surgery. If you are interested go, listen, ask questions- if you decide it's for you great if not at least you have the facts.

Hun.. there are people who have the band here and their starting weight was under 200lbs. I WISH I had had this done at that time instead of waiting till I got huge! You are taking action now.. ! Happy for you! I say go for it! I am sure it will be the best thing ever happened to you. You don't have much to lose which is even better. My bf weighs 165 and he says, I wish I had the band! because he see's I am able to eat small portions and I get semi full and stop. I get so excited when that happens!

Good Luck on whatever decision you make! :)

I feel we have a defect at the top of our stomach and the band fixes that and our brain now get the message that we are eating and we are satisfied now. The problrm I have always had is I am always hungry and I hear food calling me from the kitchen that doesn't happen now so I can control my eating with the help of the band...like everyone says it is the greatest thing zI every did for myself. Don't let people tell you,you should be able to do this on your own its not there health its yours.

I just hit 200 while going through dietary counseling FOR The band. :( Devastating. I have never ever been this heavy, and I'm only 38. So glad I'm doing this. Less than two weeks until my surgery.

Just remember, information is FREE!!!!! You can't get enough. And it is YOUR health, YOUR life, YOUR decision.

BLESSINGS!!!!

~hugs~ Hun...

At least you are aware of your weight for many years I was not...

I didnt want to be....

Have you tryed just sitting down with a nutritionast and see if maybe she can help you stick and motivate to healthy eatting....

For me I had lost 90 lbs on WW.....80 on all liq diet for 6 months.....I did them all....I needed the band to control my hunger...

Good luck ...please dont beat yourself up over this....You will get there...take control !!!

Dont ever be imbarresed . I tried every diet out there and every pill, the gym, excersizing etc. Then three four years ago for health and personnel reasons I had the lap band procedure done, and ther olny time I lost weight from the lap band was when I had to drink just the protien shakes before the surgery. I had fills I had saline fills removed then put back. About two years ago somthing got stuck it was very uncomfortable so t

he pa in the Dr. offive removed all the saline. Would you beleive I lost 55lbs. on my own I just made up that I have to loose weight and I did, :rolleyes: the surgury was a waist of time .

Hi,

I'm 54 and just hit 200 lbs (tears are brimming in my eyes as I type).

I've been using myfitnesspal.com and I've tried Sparkpeople and WW. I am hungry all the time.

I've been steadily gaining weight for 6 months now and my thyroid is fine, I'm not yet hormonally menopausal so it's all me.

I don't know what to do. I keep hearing an advertisement for obesityseminar.com and the Dr. says it's for people who need to loose 30 lbs or more. I need to loose 60. I feel like I should be able to do this myself and that 60 lbs. just isn't enough to warrant the lapband proceedure.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

I'd like some advise from people who've been here.

Thanks & Blessings :(

i took that chance to save my life....i havent looked back since.....only forward as to what life brings me..i took control and this surgery saved my life. it can ours too. all the best honey