Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am going in today for my first fill. I am 4 weeks post op. I am down only 3 pounds since my 1 week post op but lost 13 in the one week post op visit. Is this normal? I cheated just a little thru the holidays, but didnt have the room to cheat a lot. I also had plication with my band. I hope after the first fill I will see more success. Any suggestions from those that have had theirs longer?

The first 6 weeks post op is for healing, not losing weight. Now many of us, myself included, did lose....you have to focus on getting well, you've had major surgery and must now heal. That said, if you stick to your portions, and follow your plan the surgeon has laid out for you the weight loss will come.

Your so early in the journey....dont look as having something you want as cheating !!

We can all have anything in portion control...unless you were on mushies and ate celery...or peanuts.....get the idea...

Good luck !!!

all of us want great weight loss as soon as we get home from having this done but there is plenty of prep work to do and the most important is to heal and learn how to change your eating...hang in there it taskes time

I was banded a little over a year ago(11/28/11). I lost 12 lbs the first two weeks and then nothing for the next 3.5 months. Then I got my 3rd fill and met with my nutritionist. The weight began to fall off after that. Relax, what you are experiencing is very normal and has happened to many of us. Seems like I was hungrier after the surgery than ever before. But, I was a good boy and ate healthy foods, but maybe not the 1/2 cup I was told to eat.

tmf

If you are tracking your calories and weighing your portions and sticking to a calorie count you can lose on then you should be just fine... the weight will come off. However if you cheat or dont watch your calories then while you may still lose... it will be slower.

I know the first month is for healing but I also believe one can lose during the time between being banded and having a fill so its up to the individual to stick with the eating plan.

Best wishes!

I agree with Floridays, I did lose weight during the healing phase, but I was very strict about portions sizes and chewing and small bites as i got to solid food. Don't rush your body. Cheating early one can be more dangerous since your body is healing. A plan to cheat all the time is a recipe for failure.

Patience especially in the beginning is difficult. You spend all the time preparing for surgery and then the actual day comes and goes and instant results do not happen and it's a let down. I spent a good 6 months off and on researching and another 6 months prepping for surgery as insurance required a 6 month monitored diet. So after a year was gone I had the surgery. Two months later down 5 pounds I was pissed at how slow I was progressing and I doubted my decision to go with the band over bypass.

Here I am now 9 months post op and I am down 102lbs. I would do this again in a heartbeat because the freedom I inherited from losing the 100lbs is amazing.

I will admit even now I have my good days and bad days with my patience....You see I was 488 when I started and I have so much farther to go. I know in time I will get there. Obesity will not rule my life!!

You can do this too!! Make good, wise choices now...you will only appreciate those choices later down the road.

Thanks for all of the advice. My appt. Went well and my doctor said I was doing just fine. I feared the fill, and it did not bother me at all. I look forward to the road ahead. I thank you all for showing your support and letting me know that I am not alone!