Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Give me your best "how I did it" lines!

I love that Jonathan! And the tapeworm! TOO Funny!

After "sinus" surgery (aka my band) I told everyone the anesthesia made me lose my appetite, which is why I dropped 20 lbs.

Now I just tell them I'm trying to follow South Beach. For the younger crowd, trendy diets seem to do the trick.

Thyroid problems work too.

I'm like some of you here, if people knew they would analyze everything I ate. It's just people's natural curiosity. Now if someone asked me because they seemed to be in the same situation I was in, I would probably tell them in confidence. I'm proud of my decision to take control of my life, but I don't think that my decision should be publicized for public scrutiny by those who have never been in a similar situation.

Or the cigarette & Diet Coke diet -- heard it works wonders! :Banane04: (Actually have a couple of friends that did this, ugh. Their skin looks horrible!)

My weight lost has been slow so over the last 11 months it's been interesting. Only recently have people really started noticing.

Since I've always been a workout queen, everyone thinks it's the working out so when the ask my secret, I tell them, there is no secret to weight lost. You must eat less and more healthier food along with exercise. I feel like what I am saying is the truth.

Even those who have had WLS has had to eat less even if they don't exercise. The good part about the band, I DON'T LOOK SICK :sick because of rapid weight lost!!:clap2:

I think that "eating less and exercising more" is absolutely true and would do the trick. When I say I have the band, I then have to explain what it is because people always ask, and it takes a long time to explain. Seems the band is a bit complicated to understand for those who don't have it! Or, you could combine Jonathan and Jack's answers and say you are having a torrid affair with Romanian triplets and the four of you do lots of cyrstal meth and ex-lax...

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

I like the meth and ex lax the best.

I think what works best is asking about them! lol -- say "thanks for noticing" and then "so what have you been up to?"

Good luck!

I love the last one -- why give em an amswer if they didn't keep up with you? Take the compliment and turn the conversation. They don't need to know all you business anyways. That way they'll just be insanely jealous and not know what else to say! And you will have acknowledged that you worked hard, and yes, you do look great!

I just flew to NY for a family "thing" this past weekend. None knew about the band and they haven't seen me since getting banded.

Because I am losing at a good rate, but not like GBP, I told them "diet and excersise". My Dad told me he was proud of me! It was a great experience.