Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long have you had the band?

Wow. Looking at some of your posts i have wondered how long some of you have been banded. You all are truly an inspiration to us newbies. I can only hope and pray I have the same success with my newly places band.

I've been banded nearly six months. At the beginning of this year I weighed 366 pounds, no quality of life, was always tired, everything hurt. This morning I weighed in at 280 pounds, some of the weight I lost pre band but the majority post banding.

Best decision I've ever made re loosing and keeping it off. Had I have not had the band I would have given up once I hit a plateaue, with the band even though I hit hurdles from time to time I just keeping marching on because this amazing tool I have inside of me helps so much.

Banded since Dec 21st and never regretted a day

I was banded on the 21st and have been feeling great. I lost 27lbs since I started this journey and can't wait to keep loosing. I am wondering what clear broths y'all had the first week? I have had nothing but Water since I left the hospital and know I need to have something. Also, I've had some diarrhea, is that normal?

I was banded on Nov. 26th. It will be 4 weeks tomorrow! I have lost 26 lbs. My weight loss is at a stand still right now. I know once I start getting fills, it will kick back in. Right now, I am using this time to learn that my eyes are bigger than my stomach. I am also learning to chew, chew, chew! I feel great and my surgery and healing went relatively easy! I am excited about the coming year. I KNOW this was the right thing for me. I have had a peace about it!

I was banded on the 21st and have been feeling great. I lost 27lbs since I started this journey and can't wait to keep loosing. I am wondering what clear broths y'all had the first week? I have had nothing but Water since I left the hospital and know I need to have something. Also' date=' I've had some diarrhea, is that normal?[/quote']

chicken beef and vegetable broth are all good ones bi made mine home made so much better.

And yes the diarrhea is normal. liquids going in liquids will come out. Until u have something with consistency u may continue to have diarrhea.

Thanks so much. For your input. I have been feeling really good, minimal gas pas pains. The worst part of it all it the pain by my port and that's not to severe. I stay on top of the pain meds so that I don't feel the discomfort. How long before I don't feel that pain?

Thanks so much. For your input. I have been feeling really good' date=' minimal gas pas pains. The worst part of it all it the pain by my port and that's not to severe. I stay on top of the pain meds so that I don't feel the discomfort. How long before I don't feel that pain?[/quote']

You're welcome. I'm only 11 days post op and and I finally stopped having the pain last night. Use a heating pad and gas x. They both do wonders. It will help u wean off the pain meds!

I have been banded for almost 5 months. Starting weight 234 and am now 191. Best decision I ever made!

Thanks for all the replies. It looks like everyone has great success. Some not so much but I hope to have great success too