Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnancy And The Band

My OB/GYN ask me today when I want to try and get pregnant again. Honestly the though scares me to death.

A little back ground.

Got Preg in March 09 miscarriage in July

Got Preg in Sept 09 miscarried in Nov 09

Got Preg Feb 10 miscarried April 10

Gallbladder surgery Aug. 2011 after 6 months of trying to figure out why I was sick all the time and hurting.

Lapband surgery June 2012 (244 lbs) after being sick of being fat since I was 5 years old

I am now at 199 and feel great. My surgeon doesn't recommend trying again until 1 year, that will be June. My hubs and I have so wanted to have a family, each miscarriage broke our heart. After the 3rd we opted to take a break because emotionally the thought of seeing a pregnancy test terrified me.

My hubs is about to turn 40 in Jan and I just turned 32, I know we can't afford to wait, but I am scared:

1 of losing another baby

2 of gaining weight that I have lost

I know it's selfish to freak over the though of preg weight, but I have wanted to see the scale below 200 since I was a preteen and now it's there and still dropping.

How have any of you handled this? Even those of you who have gotten preg with the band any insights would be welcomed. I just want some feedback on what and how other women would feel and what I maybe be able to find help in.

Why can't you wait a year or more? People have first babies after even 35 all the time.

Why can't you wait a year or more? People have first babies after even 35 all the time.

She didn't ask about the wait time. It's her life and she can wait or not wait, it's her choice.

I've not been pregnant with the band, but it's my main reason to get the band (a healthly life for my son and the ability to have another child), so I can't get you any real life experience. That said, I look at my weight loss journey as a life long thing, I have the rest of my life to lose the baby weight but not as many years to have children. I hope that helps a little.

I got my band because I wasn't able to get pregnant a second time...I do have an 8 year old so I feel the clock ticking myself. It was STRONGLY suggested to me to wait for at least a year because that is the amount of time it will take for all my hormones to get in check and for me to loose a bulk of my weight so that when I do get pregnant I can have Fluid taken out of my band and be able to eat a solid healthy diet for two without worrying about loosing weight while I was pregnant and put me in a place where I won't have to loose anything more then what is gained in my pregnancy. I so understand where you are coming from. The itch to get pregnant now somedays over takes my thoughts but I keep telling myself that I want to give me and my baby the best me I can be so I continue to put the darn Nuvaring in every month until I know I can be healthy enough and have a "normal" pregnancy.