Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 Mos No Fill

Well... you certainly don't LOOK 54 in your pic!!

OK.... so 5'4" 265 and 54 makes your BMR 1854.75 (BMR is about how much your body needs to just keep you alive and ticking in a day.)

The Harrison Benedict Equation factors in the exercise. This is where I am slightly skeptic in our world because what some would call "light" exercise can be extremely exertional depending on the person. Any ways... We will use moderate for you (that's what I use for me, too, b/c I can't get to the gym everyday).

1854.75 x 1.55 = 2874.86 calories needed daily...

50% of that is 1437.43

Like I said, I mine is...

1791.8 x 1.55= 2777.29 for a 50% of 1388.65

I have start losing again since I raised my daily allowance to 1200. (Plus up my Water - which I suck at).

And regardless of what some paper pushing nurse thinks... I got the advice here, from other Bandsters who have succeeded.

I am about a half pound away from my "half-way" mark. I know the other roughly 50 pounds won't be easy, but I am going to do my best to get there!

Banded 9/26... down 48 pounds total...

about 28 before surgery in the 6 months waiting period and 20 in the 9 weeks since. They want 2lbs per week so I am on goal... even if I forget it sometimes and get frustrated!!

Omg....that is CRAZY. I cant imagine this dr even doing the surgery in the first place if he dont believe in fills??? WTH???

You should have had a first fill like at 6 weeks and then every month after depending on your loss and hunger etc.

REPORT him...that is terrible and find another dr. You poor thing..you shouldnt have to suffer like that...like you said...what is the point of having the band? Dont get it out..find someone who will help you utilize the tool you have...keep calling until you find a dr who will help you. I would have been furious with them at the appt. and would have let the know. I really dont care how far I have to drive if the device will help. My dr is 2 1/4 hours away...got my first fill yesterday. I cant say for sure if it works yet..however Im not the slightest bit hungry yet and would have been starving by this time so??? hoping it lasts till my next appt like this...that would be fantastic but not counting on it yet anyway. I love my dr...he is fantastic. He answers any questions, is patient and most of all has a great sense of humor and funny. Makes it so worth it to have a dr you feel comfortable with. There is one there for you somewhere...keep searching till you find him/her.

Please keep us posted

Thank you , really I should have that many cal. Wow ! No wonder I'm starving , !

Jut thinking maybe it is the nurse and ot the doctor. Can you have him call u?

I agree with everyone else that says you need a new dr. Your office obviously is missing the whole point of the lap band and the way it is supposed to work. When you have the time if you could write a review on ANY site available about the dr. that would be really helpful in helping others to not have to experience this frustration with this office/surgeon.

Please don't have it removed. The band isn't the issue, your doctor's staff is. Are you sure that your doctor shares the same view the nurse gave you? She may be speaking her own views. She is not the doctor and perhaps his approach would be different. I would insist that your next appointment be WITH the doctor present and express your concerns.

The band is a tool so why perform a procedure on someone if you aren't going to maximize its potential. It's like buying a new car, putting it on your driveway but not having any gas in it. Sure, looks great but is useless. My NUT and dr. ask me if I am feeling hungry between meals and how my food is going down. They have given me fills gradually but they are happy to do them as they want the band to do more of the work than just my own will power.

If they will not get you in with the doctor and ensure he is there so you can advocate for yourself then I would definitely seek another doctor. If you are able to see him, and if he doesn't agree to doing a fill I would seek another dr. quick then too. That is ridiculous.

Good luck to you! Don't let this get you down. This will pass so keep up the great work.

Don't have it out! It's not always easy transferring to a new Bariatric program but definitely look into

Wow that nurse is an idiot, does she actually know how the lapband system works? She needs proper training and educating. As others have said don't have it removed, your team is failing you because they don't seem to have an understanding how fills work with the band, get yourself a more responsible aftercare team so you can be on your way like you're supposed to be on this journey.

And you can also tell her the people on these forums are better educated than her!

Wow! You need a new support team! I have 10cc band and got 4cc fill at 5weeks ..a little aggressive ..im still adjusting..but it works! Get yourself a new doctor and hang in there!!

Thanks everyone , yeh starting tomarrow morn , I'm going to start making. Some calls to find another doctor , they gave me another doctor app with only the nurse no doc in feb , but don't think I'll be going to it , I'm going to do my best to find another doctor , thanks again ,

Don't be down. I had conservative fills but really started feeling restriction after 4cc in 10 band. All of us are different. Now I'm at 5.75 and majorly in green zone but haven't felt real well past week. May need an unfill but not sure. Know that we are here to support you as we may not have the best or right answers. Really talk with your doc ( nurse doesn't seem to have much empathy) hopefully he will listen to your feelings.