Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Isnt How I Thought Id Feel!

I truly believe that slower weight loss is better. I think you have done fabulous so far!

Be sure to take pictures in tighter clothes and do many views so you can see the difference. Take them every 10 pounds, you will be amazed what you don't notice in the mirror each day!

I agree. There is NO WAY that your weight loss is not noticible. I plan on picking a simple outfit, like a black tank and shorts, and take my picture on the monthly marks even if it's just for me to see. I also can't imagine you still wear the same size so use that as a reassurance that you are loosing when you get discouraged.

I too am pissed that I let myself go. I am also someone who has already lost 80 pounds just to gain it back and trust me, the guilt and hate I feel is dibilitating on some days. All i can do is look at where I am today, and if I can loose 42 pounds after my band, well, that's 42 pounds less of fat and baggage I have to carry around with me every day.

Good luck and keep you head up!!

Everyone who has posted on this thread has shared some valid, important, and inspiring insights.

In my journey, I have discovered how I have finally learned to use the life skill of patience. I did not become obese overnight, it will be a journey and not an event which will get me to my goal weight.

I realize how far behind our sense of self is behind our body...it has taken me months to finally realize that my weight number no longer begins with a 2. I've had setbacks along the way, but it helps to stay focused on the person you will be when you reach your goal.

So much of the success one experiences with weight loss is closely tied to psychology. Somewhere on this forum I wrote about the "Psychology of Size". It took months, and physical intervention from my sister for me to quit going to the plus size department, not to mention my tendency to want to purchase the same item in a plus size "just in case I gain weight again".

Pay attention to the many small "aha" moments to help you gain a more accurate insight into how far you have come with your weight loss. For me a major one was to be able to get into my car and not to have to adjust the seat before driving. I knew that at my former weight, that would have been impossible. Another was when I was at a restaurant with my husband and realized how far the table was from me. The booth had not changed, but I certainly had. Small events like these help to validate your progress.

Not many people have commented to me on my weight loss, however I am totally alright with this. What is important is that I am aware and feeling better about myself. I validate myself for my progress, and don't care what others notice or fail to notice.

Remember this is a process and not an event! You have made some excellent progress to date...keep your eye on the prize of a healthier you. You're well on your way...

Best wishes for your success...

I is smart' date=' I is beautiful, and I is loved! *The Help

I went through an agonizing divorce after putting up with the bastard cheating on me with my cousin for 2 years. Was I hiding inside this fat woman? Hell yes. I also have several very ugly issues with my mother (how stereotypical is THAT?) and probably hid that hurt in the pizza and Pasta as well.

However! I found a man who loves me for me, regardless of the hurt and the hate and the fat...it finally occurred to me that he has created a safe zone in my life and I will be just fine if I lose the sad girl who weighed 110 pounds! So, when I talked to a friend who had the surgery, and saw how successful she was losing, I felt like I had been given a gift...here was something I could do for myself and get back to living life the way I want to live it, not the way that sad, pathetic waif thought was okay.

I was killing myself with food. I chose life and I intend to make it happy and healthy for a very long time to come![/quote']

WOW! Your pretty darn awesome right. Now lady. You have your head on straight and will do great. Good luck.

Not many people have commented to me on my weight loss, however I am totally alright with this. What is important is that I am aware and feeling better about myself. I validate myself for my progress, and don't care what others notice or fail to notice.

']Remember this is a process and not an event! You have made some excellent progress to date...keep your eye on the prize of a healthier you. You're well on your way..

sojo, words to live by my friend...

I have found that the people that arent jealous have noticed my weight loss even though its only 15 lbs. Well i started at 166 but im 4'11 so 15 lbs might be noticable i suppose. Dont worry, people notice...if they are jealous, they wont say a word. Congrats on your weight loss. Your doing awesome!!