Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Directions After Un-Fill ?

My surgeon was grumpy today ~ urgh ~; his Nurse Assistant told me I have 9 cc in my AP Large Lap Band that will hold 14 cc's; I asked her this question because he never tells me what he is doing, etc.

Then, my doctor took the saline out because I am having issues; he said I only have 8 cc; not sure if someone's math was off. (? ? )

Anyway, he said he was taking out one full cc (presume I have 7 now?) because I was having issues with reflux and not be able to drink Water (being the worst early morning and late night)

So, I forgot to ask him if an UN-fill has the same "rules" as a FILL; since this is my first UN-fill, I am not sure. . . of course, his office is closed for the night.

Can I eat foods or is it still liquids only for a few days

Thank You.

---signed CONFUSED

My surgeon says any unfills are the same rules as a fill. I am not sure what other surgeon's say. I have to follow 2 days clear and 2 days full liquids after both a fill and unfill. I only once did not, thta was when I had not had anything to eat in 3 days and was very sick. Then I sort of rushed thru the directions had clear for a day and full for a couple more. Maybe try to stay on clear until you can call in am to check on further directions. Best wishes. Karen

I'm not a Dr. but I would imagine unless you're still aggravated and swollen from your issue's, with your band being open more seems like carry on as always.

If your issue's were really aggravating I would stick with liquids until you reach Dr. tomorrow.

I had an unfill in September and my doctor said to do 24hrs of full liquids.(Incase I had swelling) He usually does 24 hrs liquids and 24hrs mushies for fills.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I got an unfill today too and my dr always says 24 hours of liquids....anything that can go through a straw...does not have to be clear, and then soft/mushies for two days after that. Stick to this as you will pay if you don't. Good luck!!

Learn something new everyday ! That's what I love about LBT.Com!

Thanks for the prompt replies; I am going to stick with Clear Liquids tonight (I am not hungry anyway). I will call in the morning. I am guessing he might say mushies for 2 days. It is very interesting how we all have the SAME surgery but the doctors all have DIFFERENT "rules" . . .

same rules as for a fill, changing the band can cause irritation.

I haven't had a unffill but I do remember the nurse telling me same rules apply... 24 hrs of liquid the 24 hrs of mushies.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches