Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Can You Eat?

How much can you eat? Compared to something like a McDonald's happy meal or tacos? I'm on my 5th fill and still I feel like I maybe can eat more than I should be able to... Thanksgiving dinner was delicious, but I ate a little of EVERYTHING lol Only gained .6 lbs though :)

The band is not meant to restrict your volume of food. That is our responsibility as a Bandster. The band is meant to dull our hunger, allow us to feel satisfied longer on smaller amounts of food. Our job is to choose the foods with good nutritional value and to stop eating after 1c or .5c...whichever your surgeons guideline is.

To answer your question though...at 2 years out and 5cc Ina 10 cc band, I can each as much as I want...cups of food probably...haven't tested it out but when I'm done my 1c, I physically could eat more...but I push away from the table and call it a meal. Then 4 or so hours later I start to feel hungry again and sit for my next meal

I havent tried a happy meal... But I cannot tolerate fried food so I doubt I could eat much of it. I have eaten a taco from toxic hell aka taco bell and I can eat just one and that's tossing 1/2 the tortilla.

Thanks! I guess I need more fill... I can eat 2 tacos and a little beans/rice

Can and should are different. Remember you are supposed to be controlling your food intake. You can't put it all on the band. I cannot imagine eating a whole taco, even 1 year out. Hard to cchew properly, and too much fat. But that is just me.

Just because you can eat two tacos why are you? Its not going to stop you from eating two tacos I dont care if your filled to the brim. It's up to you to push away after just one. Like someone else said its not going to control how much it just controls your hunger. I could probably eat ten tacos if I wanted them but I dont eat them or fast food.< /p>

It sounds like you might need a fill. We are only supposed to have 3 or less meals of 1/2 a cup of food when were in that good zone. Why not swap it for a healither choice. I plan were i go to eat out. Maybe if you have to have tacos share the plate. Just remember the fat content when you go out cos during the day it all adds up. Maybe home made tacos with spray instead of oil and very low fat cheese.< /p>

i wouldnt eat tacos (my own choice) as i choose tend to go for better quality foods that fill me up....i eat a cup of food per meal (protein then veggie and a pc of fruit)..the band will help you eat less but if you eat cheap/slider foods, you wont stay fuller longer...

I'm not sure how the ability to eat 2 tacos indicates the need for a fill? I would think if you're hungry again after having a meal with 3 oz Protein and veggies plus a bit of carbs and you were hungry 2or 3 hours later would be a better indicator.

Again, the band does not restrict the amount of food

I'm not sure how the ability to eat 2 tacos indicates the need for a fill? I would think if you're hungry again after having a meal with 3 oz Protein and veggies plus a bit of carbs and you were hungry 2or 3 hours later would be a better indicator.

Again, the band does not restrict the amount of food

Or the types of food for that matter. Good reply!