Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surprised And Disappointed, Gaining Weight After Three Years

Hi everyone, July 2009 bandster here... Back on this site since about two years ago, and just wanted to let you all know about my journey. I'm posting this same message in other sites to have more readers. It's been three years since my surgery.

In summary, I've lost over 140 pounds in two years, but the past year, I've gained at least one pound a month and it appears there is no stopping soon.

Last year, I weighed about 103-108. Ive gained 10 pounds this past year and am predictably gaining about one pound a month. Every single month.

It all started last fall when I started to overeat, mostly Desserts. The overeating has become usual now, especially at night.

My mind tells me stop! I think about this horror almost all day long, but I just -don't stop. I see my body growing every moment of every day and I fear getting out of bed to start the process over again.

I had lost too much, so when I started to regain most all said, good, you needed to gain. But they don't hear me when I say I am gaining-gaining and im not stopping until I gain all my weight back!

I feel like the desperate lost fat girl of 2009; a person with no chance of peace of mind or a future worthwhile.

What is my next move?

As a new bander this scares me. Had mine done on 11-8-12. I am a graizer and having a hard time not doing that but I know in the long run it will be worth it. You knew at the beginning what needed to be done and maybe you just need to start over or get a fill. Good Luck

Don't let some of that scare you.Are you that weak emotionally?Pull up your boot straps and get back to exercising and eliminating some of the calories and types of foods you don't need.one has to work with this tool.Plus a trip to the Bariatric doc can help.get back in the game

Do you have enough fill? Have you been in contact with your Bariatric people?

If you can find the will to get back to basics those ten pounds will be gone quickly, if you don't and keep putting more on its going to be more of a struggle. Don't buy foods that tempt you in a weak moment, don't make yummy Desserts, get rid of all the food that make you cave. Take it one day at a time, do more exercise to burn off the extra calories.

Honestly the majority of us that have weight issues even though we loose it will always find a time we struggle and revert to old habits. Now you have a tool to help you, pull out all that will power you had when you lost it all and get back to good habits.

Don't let all that hard work go to waste!

Yep, sounds like time to get a fill! Make an appt with your doctor!

I would go back to your nutritionist. Have them help you get back on track, set up food guidelines that work with your lifestyle, and get advice how to stop the cycle.

I would also see your surgeon to see if you need a fill or not.

You have the tools, start using them.

Best wishes to you.

What is my next move?

If you lost too much then Pick the number you are comfortable with and stay there. If you over eat one day... "diet" for 2 days. But how can you over eat? Do you need a fill? I think your first step is to go see your dr. Discuss your feelings with him and decide if you need a fill. Then go BAck to basics... Count calories, measure portions and eat like you did to lose the. 140. You KNOW you can do it.

Being banded is never a guarantee for losing weight. You lost 3 years ago because you played by the rules. Why so lack-a-dazical now. Try the 5day pouch test to get the carb cravings from your system, this should help you get your body cleansed of all this nasty foods you have chosen to eat over the past year. If you don;t get your self in check, I am sorry to say you will be that fat girl again.

Find your innner strength and get your butt in gear and use the band as it was intended. Walk away from the junk and believe in yourself.

get a fill you know how that helps boy you don't want to gain more and do it again its is to easy to do.. Track everything and get to a gym make it happen you know you can kick yourself in the butt and get to it................line dancer

This has happened to me several times when I started eating desserts and the bad stuff on a regular basis and it got out of control. You need to break the snacking, grazing or processed carbohydrate habits by doing the 5 day pouch test. The 5 day pouch test will put you on liquids for 2-3 days at which time the liquids phase will help get rid of the bad habits and work to cleanse your system of them. Starting on day 3 you will start eating Proteins. The whole process gets you back on track and it also helps shrink your pouch and restriction comes back. Here is the website should you choose to try it http://www.5daypouch....com/index.html This is the only thing that has worked for me. I do fine for months, but, then I start with the darn bad habits again and I have to repeat the test again. It's a pain and is hard to do, but, it really does work. I know it's frustrating as heck, but, you can do it! Good luck. jake

Addition to my post. How long since your last Bariatric doc appointment? My last checkup of the band under floroscopy told me that I had stretched my pouch. I was given a warning by my doc and was instructed to do liquids for 3 weeks then measure my food portions to 1 cup afterward, otherwise, the next checkup would be a complete unfill and I would have to go on liquids for 6 weeks to shrink the pouch back. I did everything I was told and now I feel the difference. My next appointment is next month and I'm confident that the pouch is back to normal. My symptoms of my stretched pouch was 2 fold. 1. I could eat much more than normal (up to 2 cups portion). 2. I would start eating and feel the restriction, then would feel a thump and the full feeling went away then I could eat another meal. I thought this was normal, but, what a surprise I got! jake

Instead of just thinking about it everyday, DO something about it, like make an appointment with your doctor. Get back to stage one and get on with it. You know how and what to do. You have got to reinforce the good things you learned during the one hundred and forty POUND weight loss, and drop the bad habits you are relearning. Don't make those 3years of hard work a big Fat waste of blood, sweat, and plenty off tears I 'll bet you shed. You know as well as I do that the band is put in you as tool to help you feel no Hungar after small amts. so get off your butt (which will grow if you don't anyway) in great.

if you take it strictly from a math point of view you are overeating by about 185 calories a day. Probably the dessert that you are eating each day. Simply put you could just cut out the dessert or walk about an hour a day at a good speed.

I am a sugar addict so if I added a dessert each day I would experience the same thing that is going on with you...the desire to stop doing what I am doing by the inability to do so because of my addiction. Cut out the sugar and you should be back on track.

I'm wondering if you need a fill and three days of liquids to get you jump started.