Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded July 2009. I statred out at 252 lbs and lost over 100 lbs. I got down to 147 lbs.. I was on top of the world. Until my band had slipped. I had gotten some Fluid taken out to help it fall back into place. I was able to eat more comfortably. Then I had decided to get even healthier by quitting smoking. I quit in January of this year and have put back on 30 lbs. I'm so afraid this is just the start of a downfall.. so of course with the weight gain my self loathing is back and the depression is starting to set in again.... HELP, What do I do?????

Did you weigh yourself and see the numbers?If you did and it depressed you.Lets look at the whole picture.Do you look alot slimmer now than you did before the band?Do your friends still think you look good?Can you fit into your clothes?

Does your doctor know when he or she will fill it again?Normally if the band slips and they remove the liquid.They wait to let the band settle in again.Then they start the whole fill process again

They did 2 fills since taking it out last year. I was in size 8/10 and now have to buy new clothes in a size 12. I know thats better than the 20 i was before but it is still depressing.

Be patient.Try to stick with a diet like you were on with the band filled.Im glad you quit smoking.No breads and soda pops and heavy fat foods.Eat as clean as you can.No candy

What is your band max?Where you at on your fills

I'm pretty sure my band is 15cc and its at a 9cc.

The beauty of the band is, you can always start over.

Weight gain after quitting smoking is VERY normal. I quit 18 months ago and gained about 40. But think of it like this- you're a non smoker! That is AMAZING and something to be proud of!! Plus, you can lose the weight again and when it's gone, you'll still be healthier because you quit smoking!

Have you tried the 5 day pouch test? Not to shrink your pouch, but to "start over" mentally as well as physically. It takes you through the post op phases over 5 days and many find it's a great way to reset their minds and get back into the bandster mindset. http://5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html

I would also recommend seeing a Nutritionist to help get you back on track, too. Your surgeon as well.

It's only 30 pounds, you can totally lose it again!

Best wishes

You took on 2 huge steps to healthy living!! Try to see what you have accomplished and love yourself as others do. If your soldier was goibg through this, you wouldn't want him self loathing, right?!

"Be all you can be"

Me too Talkalot1981! I have had the same problem. I am not sure what to do, either. And my surgeon has said he wants me to gain control of my weight on my own. He knows that I eat sliders, and wants me to stop. I LOVE peanut butter.! I have finally found a dry Peanut Butter to add to my yogurt to increase my Protein and get myself off the regular peanut butter. For some reason, unknown to myself, after a slip and unfill, in my case, a revision, the fills do not affect you the way they originally did. I can't tolerate much more than 5cc, and I am at that now! I know that I am not any help in your problem, but just wanted to sympathize and say, me too! Best wishes, Karen

I'm going to try the 5 day pouch test. I'm hoping it will help me get back on track and focused. Has anyone tried taking some sort of supplement to help with energy? I need a boost for my metabolism. Something to get me out of this slump.

I'm going to try the 5 day pouch test. I'm hoping it will help me get back on track and focused. Has anyone tried taking some sort of supplement to help with energy? I need a boost for my metabolism. Something to get me out of this slump.

I sometimes use "body effects" for NY work outs...it gives you energy mood stablizer and fat burner... if you YouTube bandedwendy she gives you info on it...I only drink it when I work out and don't drink it everyday but it definitely makes me work out longer and gives me a little emotional pick me up without a crash.