Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello!

My doc put me back on the low dose of Topamax, taken each night before bed. Although we are unsure of the actual triggers, it's not all that important if the meds work to prevent them, and this treatment did work in the past. Keep your fingers crossed! She also gave me a prescription for Phenergan, just in case, for nausea.

Darcy, how fun! A quilt show....my mom was a very accomplished quilter, and I hope to do more of that when I retire...just no time right now. I love and appreciate the art, and hope you get some great ideas, and some new fabric for your stash.

Eileen, bummer that you have such a hectic pace this week...try to keep breathing!

Kelly, I think losing a pound a week is ideal; keep wearing that patience hat! It's a battle we all face - being impatient - but just take it nice and easy, and it will be less stressful and healthier for you! Sometimes I feel like I'm not making progress, then I check and see that I have, it's just slow. Yesterday at the dr.'s I asked her if I had lost any weight since the last time I was there...I didn't really think I had lost more than a pound or two...I had lost 8 pounds from the very end of January until now...it doesn't seem like much at the time, but it eventually shows up. It will be the same for you...hang in there!

Sherry...I love that line "well and shrinking." LOL! Thanks for your empathy about the headaches.

Patty - don't you just wish we could keep the same time, all the time? In the spring, it is so hard to go to bed when it is light outside, and around here, who needs an extra hour of heat?!? When the alarm rings, I'm like, "WTF?" Even the dogs don't realize it's bedtime, and then in the morning, they just raise one eye, and refuse to hop out of bed to go outside....

Pat? Seems like a long time...did I ever thank you for introducing me to POGO? I do have fun there. What a time waster, though! LOL!

Gotta run, kids need to learn about Petrarchan sonnets and such....

Hugs, Cindy

Hi everyone,

Sorry have not posted for awhile but have been trying to catch up on reading. Everything is just so overwhelming right now for me. My STBX fired his Lawyer and now has another one pushing our hearing out. And in the mean time he has not visited his children nor called them. I can just imagine in the hearing when it is set will say I would not let him. But that is so untrue. I got my vehicle fixed since the master cylinder went out and my sweet sister is going to help me with the mortgage payment this month or I should say all of it. And this time change is killing me I just cannot get my butt out of bed in the mornings anymore. I am currently getting to my Aunt in Texas all the information she needs to submit my son's to be Junior Members to the Sons of The Republic of Texas. I will be so proud when it is all done. Right now that are honerary Junior Texas Rangers. I owe it all to my Aunt that has researche are family History and it all started with her Having Breast Cancer. Well I can go on but to tired and need to call some Lawyers..

Wish you all a Great Day and Week..

OY... looks like it's going to be a bad week for personals for me!!! I dived into the freakishly messy portion of the house that my daughter calls her room! I'm surprised I got out of there alive! My dog is sick again... so she is back on prednisone so we have been out to "go" a gazillion times to hopefully avoid accidents... I'm trying to get everything all caught up and clean before I leave... then I won't have any worries... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Kel... I know where that one pound went... right to my caboose. Congrats girl!

Cindy... I hope the medication combination works... what an relief that would be for you! I would love to turn the quilting into something that makes money instead of sucking it out of the ole bank account...lol. Maybe someday as it has turned into quite a passion for me. :ban: I hope to get my daughter hooked on it this summer... it would be something fun for us to do together.

Eileen... Sorry about the work sitchiation... hope everything came out ok in the bathroom. :party::painkiller:

Bubbame... I am so sorry that life is so stressful for you right now... I hope things get better soon! (((Hugs)))

Okay...gotsta get going... laundry is calling and dd should be home soon... then it's off to piano lessons....joy. :party:

TTFN

Hi Jersey chicks...

Just came up from beach and on my way to Water aerobics. Yes, I worked today also.... LOL

Will check you guys later.

Kisses

:whoo: It's Official..... I got hired Today! :whoo:

So, lets remember 4/4/06... only 3 months from when I really started working. If this position wasn't SO important to me I would have given up long ago. Thanks everyone for all your encouragement. I stopped by the Daycare Office and told them I had a hire date and my employee discount becomes effective immediately! Words that I thought I would never hear! I am re-energized and feeling more positive... maybe just maybe I will get through my last 3 steps to lapband. :bandit Bye!

Good Evening....

I have such a busy week. I am working, excersising and getting ready to fly to NY friday for a family party. Of course I have to have my hair and nails done! I am so excited. I am seeing my dad, my brother, my two sons and all of my cousins. Most people don't know I had surgery and haven't seen me since my heaviest.

Sorry I haven't been around....

Patty: Wow! CONGRAT'S! This site really does get you a job! Watch out, it may get you>>>>

Bubb: Sorry about the STXH. Been there done that. Have faith, It will all be ok and then you will be able to move on with your life. Don't let him hold you hostage!

Cindy: I am glad you have a new medication for your migranes and I hope it works! I know what you mean .. ever since the clocks changed, I have not wanted to get up! This week I have to be in at 8 and next week 7AM! WTF!!!! Well, it is only for two weeks so I can cover someone on vacation...

Kelly: I know it is tough to be patient because I am there with you. I get frustrated when I only lose a pound a week, but I know that is better when it is slow and steady... Just like sex! LOL Hang in there you are doing great.

Darcey: I miss living under the same roof and my sons until I think about their "rooms". I hated opening those doors.... YUCH! Soccer socks... football pants... SMELLY EVERYTHING! LOL

Eilleen: only you could turn a bad situation at work into something funny!

Betty: Boy, I tired just listening about your weekend! Do you ever do nothing?

Sherry: I hope this posts holds... LOL I love that I'm "shrinking".

Rene: I usually save everything... after working on presentations and losing them, I learned my lesson. I guess I need to do that here. The low carb thing always works better for my system. Good luck.

Pat: did I miss you? I know you were sick, but are you back?

I'm sure I missed someone... If I did just know that I love ya!

Good night all! I got to go to bed .... I work now you know! LOLOLOLOLOL

Kisses,

Hi Everyone! No time for personals tonight, but I wanted to pop on and say hello. I have my post-op appointment tomorrow morning. Even though it's only been two weeks since my surgery I was planning on begging for a small fill cause the tummy feels fine and wants to eat all of the foods it's been missing for 8 months. I had bread tonight - yum!

Unfortunately, the port area is still quite sore so I can't imagine letting them poke around to get the port. Oh well - I just have to buckle down and try to find some willpower for the next couple weeks. Hmm... maybe I should exercise. Nah! Just kidding. Sorta.

Time for bed. Love you guys! (((HUGS)))

I also do not have time for personals tonight, but wanted to ask a few quick questions.

Today for Breakfast I had 1 poached egg, 1 small round piece of sausage, and about a 1/3 piece of toast. Is it normal to be able to eat bread? I was afraid to try it, and surprised that it didn't give me any grief. I saved to the last though, and made sure to eat the egg and sausage first (since they're protein).

I noticed that so far the only things that I really have to be careful eating are my ricotta cheese, and also scalloped potatoes. I tried eating one bite of really well chewed scalloped potato and I ended up walking around to avoid a PB. *phew*

I had popcorn chicken bites from work tonight and those went down fine as well. I'm really surprised that I can eat everything the same still. I've even eaten regular chicken, just cut up really small and with italian dressing to lube it up, and no problems at all. I guess I should be counting my blessings instead of questioning whether or not I'm a weirdo for still being able to eat it all. LOL

I'm still having a hard time slowing down with my eating. I noticed that I still want to cram it in way too fast, so I gotta keep working on that.

I had a very stressful day, and ended up having to do a little Tae Kwon-Do in the bathroom at work. (I know, what a weirdo - but it really helped relieve some of that stress, and relaxed me enough to enjoy the rest of my night at work.) My husband's lack of desire to hunt for a new job is really wizzing me off, and I'm the one who ends up on here emailing his resume to all of these different places. Makes me wanna scream! :embarassed:

Anywho......I need to scoot. Everyone have a super night and I'll try to check back in again tomorrow morning.

Lotta Love n Stuff - ~Kelly Girl

Good evening,

Question: Has anyone here read the book Laproscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding by Jessie Ahroni

I've read it and found it interesting. I read it while in Monterrey so it helped clarify a lot of the questions that I had. There are probably others that are a better 'read' but this one is ok. :nervous

Good Morning,

Yes another day of inspectors....so ;) I will chat with you later... Friday my boss is out so as soon as I come back from the doctors in the morning for my 3rd fill, I will do personals :huggie:

Hang in there everyone, it seems like I"m not the only one having a hairy week.

LOVE YAH !!

Ira: Glad to see you here! Also a thank you to RavensRiches for the input on the lapband book. I'm feeling pretty confident about surgery and having the support from LBT not to order another text.

I'll try to catch up on personals after work today ;)

Dang! I wrote for a while, then went back to another page to look at a post, and poof! All my stuff disappeared...I knew it would do that, but I hate that anyway!

All is well here...sorry for the troubles, Bubbame. Hang tough, girl!

Eileen, you too - I'll be glad when you can play with us more!

Donna, are you liking your job?

Gotta go, Cindy

I got my passport today! Woohooo! I'm so excited and can't wait to go! Hurry up and get here summer!!!

My MIL bought us pizza for lunch today, and I was a little afraid to try eating it. I did manage to eat 1 1/2 pieces though without incidence, and just took very small bites, ate very slowly, and chewed it up really well.

I really need to get off of here now, but wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm enjoying some peace and quiet before heading to work in an hour.

Everyone have a great day!

Hiya!

Well... Was a busy day that included getting my hair cut and had highlights and lowlights put in.. I love it!

I am back to gaining weight... yikes... guess I will have to ask if they will crank er up another 1/2 cc or so! I can't eat bread and chicken gets stuck but everything else goes down fine as long as I chew it to death!

Crud... I can't believe I did not stop at the store to get creamer... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... I am going to be a major butthead in the morning without my coffee!

Hugs to all....