Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fyi I've been drinking thru a straw since the.mine I got out of surgery they gave me a straw with Water and my Dr said it was fine.. I was started on mush food 7 days part OP solids at three weeks I haven't been hungry once since surgery I still have troubles eating and I'm almost a month post OP first fill is Tuesday.. Everyone has questions and would rather get answers from people who have been thru the surgery it didn't make anyone less or more.. Oh and the band masters just means they have more time to sit on there asses responding than others ;) Get off the computer and Get in the gym just maybe you'll be a successful bander :)

Looks like u have followed every thing too. Lol I had a straw in hospital too. Weird but I get less gas from straw then drinking from cup. I always have to burp after I drink from cup.

Fyi maddysgram your not even banded so pretty sure she knows more about the band than you do even though she's a newbie on the forum! How can you give advice to people when you haven't been thru it????

Lol. She has shut up now.

Fyi I've been drinking thru a straw since the.mine I got out of surgery they gave me a straw with Water and my Dr said it was fine.. I was started on mush food 7 days part OP solids at three weeks I haven't been hungry once since surgery I still have troubles eating and I'm almost a month post OP first fill is Tuesday.. Everyone has questions and would rather get answers from people who have been thru the surgery it didn't make anyone less or more.. Oh and the band masters just means they have more time to sit on there asses responding than others ;) Get off the computer and Get in the gym just maybe you'll be a successful bander :)

FYI: Yes, some "people" enjoy "talking trash" on a public forum...I.E. you and the BIGBABY or whatever it has morphed into now. And other forum participants, I.E. myself and Maddysgram want sincerely to learn as much as they can about life's journey with a GB, and also sincerely want to help others.

I noticed that neither of you have filled in any information about yourselves...so you both must be authentic and sincere people, right??? I doubt that...sincerely.

Also, FYI: I regard myself as a GB success story, still on my WL journey, and enjoying good progress towards my goal weight. I do spend more than adequate time engaged in regular exercise, and a fraction of my unscheduled time is spent on this forum in an effort to learn from others and to share information and best practices as well...sincerely.

I want to congratulate you and the BIGBABY on being the first and only 2 participants on this forum that have earned the distinction of being blocked by myself.

You see, my self esteem is quite healthy, and I would not want to waste any additional time and electricity to read your sincere "trash".

Looks like u have followed every thing too. Lol I had a straw in hospital too. Weird but I get less gas from straw then drinking from cup. I always have to burp after I drink from cup.

I know your md said is was ok to use straws. But normally after wls on stage 1 bariatric diet there us no straws allowed because increase in air and Fluid intake.

I have a borderline problem with my thyroid. i saw borderline because my doc checks it every year because its big but nothing comes up. its slow but not slow enough to take meds. i think that may be why when i swallow more air gets in. before the surgery each sip of drink i took i had to burp. i stop using the straw and ive burped a whole lot more which im grateful. the gas is the only issue i have since the surgery a week ago.

thyroid issues, possible pnuemonia......gosh girl, you need to take care of yourself....seems you have alot of issues and not just using straws and eating tuna from subway

please if you are for real, take care of yourself and follow the dr's orders to the letter.

i dont want newbies or prebies to think of this or any WLS as a joke.

none of the LBT friends/members on here are rude or trying to be mean. just really tired of dealing with BS trolls and people who make sh** up.

hope you are feeling better.

thyroid issues' date=' possible pnuemonia......gosh girl, you need to take care of yourself....seems you have alot of issues and not just using straws and eating tuna from subway

please if you are for real, take care of yourself and follow the dr's orders to the letter.

i dont want newbies or prebies to think of this or any WLS as a joke.

none of the LBT friends/members on here are rude or trying to be mean. just really tired of dealing with BS trolls and people who make sh** up.

hope you are feeling better.[/quote']

I don't have a lot of issues. I want to first say this so u can see my point of view. I searched online in bed on my phone and found this app at 1am. I posted my thoughts, my concerns, my opinions, my life. Then I get people responding to me accusing me of being fake, making things up, calling me a troll. I haven't called anyone out their name. When I post no one is required to respond to it. I don't care who is fake on here how would u know? I don't care. No one on this site knows me personally. I am a person I haven't said anything to you're other friends that have accused me of being fake or being a troll. Everyone is different. Some went home after surgery, some stayed overnight, some stayed weeks. I hear some were on liquids diet for weeks before surgery, I was just on it day before. I don't have any medical problems but because they are borderline and in my family's background my doc checks annually. Blood clots is something that can happen after surgery that's why they say move around. Also pnemonia. My chest and throat feels a little tight so I'm getting it checked. I don't have a problem with you or anyone else. But please give me the same respect as I give u. I haven't called u a name I don't deserve to be called a name. No one is required to respond. If you don't like my thoughts my feelings, go to the next page. Why waste your time on me? This message isn't directly written to you Ms. Carolina but to the ones that have responded to me negatively. I have posted pics of myself to prove I'm not a fake. No I don't have kids but I make life choices as if I did have kids because I want them. I wouldn't go buy a Corvette right now because good chance in the next few years I would have a kid. I love my unborn children. I looked forward to meeting there father first and easing them. I changed my name to reflect my surgery. Bigbaby was my nickname years ago and adding no more meant me loosing weight. But this process is more than just losing weight. The day of my surgery my mom text me you're new life starts today. So I thought of rebirth9/17/12 my surgery date. On the website when u update you're profile there is an option to change your name. I didn't start a new account. I've been nothing but humble and a select few have bullied me. What ever her name is the one who followed me on every post and accused me of being fake and called me a troll was wrong. Because she doesn't bundle up in the winter and I have to because of the time and temperature I work means I'm lying? Really ok.

just be yourself.

no one is (upset) but you being banded just a week ago

and asking about straws and eating solid food and now dumping and the list is continuing, just seems weird that you dont know these things and how to live with a band.

i care you being well

the rest i dont give a crap about

if you are happy and healthy

that is all i care about

I've only been myself. I never asked about a straw. I used a straw didn't have a problem. My did never told me I couldn't. Reading what others responses some doc say yes some say no. Every body is different. Doc said I wouldn't be able to hold a gallon jug I would be to sore. I don't have a problem. I'm not going to have the same experiences as u. Or the next person. When they write and prescription they write it to the persons height and weight and health. We could be on the same meds but take different amounts.