Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im a March bander too, 3/18, I lost 20 lbs in the first 10 days, things seem to be moving much slower now, only one pound this week, but I know that a fill will be my answer I want to loose 2-3 pounds a week, how do any of you feel about this goal, realistic or not?

I am down 25lbs now in 2 weeks!! I have been in the process of moving... so was offline for awhile!!

The band is definitely there....doesn't hurt but overate 2 times and was NOT feeling so great!!! So am happy it MAKES me behave!!! :phanvan

Thanks for asking!!! God Bless,

Melody

:help: Hello all -

I am happy to have found this forum. I was banded on only 4 days ago. I had lost 10lbs before my band (due to general dieting and the pre-op liquid diet).

I have conflicted feelings / emotions now that I have the band. I feel happy to have it but also now I'm scared and afraid. I didn't feel this way before the surgery - I was seriously looking forward to it. But now, I feel that this is such a big change...perhaps it is the soreness / pain / gas that has got me down. Its almost like after I had my baby. The week after I arrived home, I was so tired and sore, it was hard to be happy. And that's how I feel now, like I should be estatic...but I'm more sad and conflicted. Did anyone else have these feelings?

Also, the only folks that know are my husband and my aunt. I haven't told anyone else in my family (I don't want to be judged) has anyone else held back from telling their families?

Tipper - if you have 'just' joined this forum and it seems that you have - I would recommend that you find one of the 'groups' -- they are awesome and it is a smaller community, the same people, to post to and with....I haven't been banded yet but found the "Gone For Good" Club to work well for me...there are many others so check them out! If you haven't started a journal that helps you and others learn about your experience, and even though I am disappointed with the lack of the use of the chat lounge you can find someone in there now and then.

:help: Hello all -

I am happy to have found this forum. I was banded on only 4 days ago. I had lost 10lbs before my band (due to general dieting and the pre-op liquid diet).

I have conflicted feelings / emotions now that I have the band. I feel happy to have it but also now I'm scared and afraid. I didn't feel this way before the surgery - I was seriously looking forward to it. But now, I feel that this is such a big change...perhaps it is the soreness / pain / gas that has got me down. Its almost like after I had my baby. The week after I arrived home, I was so tired and sore, it was hard to be happy. And that's how I feel now, like I should be estatic...but I'm more sad and conflicted. Did anyone else have these feelings?

Also, the only folks that know are my husband and my aunt. I haven't told anyone else in my family (I don't want to be judged) has anyone else held back from telling their families?

Hi Tipper

I got my band 2 weeks ago today and the first week was rough but it just gets better. I was afraid that I might have made a mistake and a million questions went through my mind. But it is something new and most things new and unexplored are always scarry at first. I feel this is gonna be a great tool for me. Also, at first I did not want anyone to know what I was doing because first of all I didn't want people to think I was a failer and just couldn't follow a simple diet.........my husband however set me straight about that .. ha ha....he told me that if it was something that I felt strong about and it was something that I wanted to do for me then, it did not matter what anyone else thought about it. I think it is a personal choice on who you tell but eventually many people found out what I was doing and everyone was supportive..........and it always helps to have extra support. Keep your chin up and try to be positive ......and in my oppinion this will be like most things ....you will get out of it what you put into it. Good luck!!!!!!

Oh Tipper....you spoke my heart also!! YOu are not alone!! I was doing the same thing...even went as far as remembering how much I used to be able to eat!!! It's crazy sometimes how the human mind works!! Longing for something that has made me cry so many times!!?!?!

My body rumbled and moaned and hurt...I had gas up too my ears!! I wouldn't even answer people when they said "does it hurt?" on these forums because I really did...but each day got better and better! Now I am about 19 days post op or so and I feel GREAT!!! I love the "power" I feel over the fact that I can stop and not over eat!! I love the feeling of control!!!!!!!!!! I discovered Maalox Max (liquid) honestly it gave me diarrhea....but it moved the gas!!!! I felt such relief the next day after taking it!!!!!!!!!!!

I told only my husband and parents before the surgery...everyone has an opinion and I didn't want to hear them!!!! I KNOW that I have the ability to lose....I did it many times....just couldnt' keep it off....so didn't want their opinions and condemnation!!! Now I've told everyone and even told them the reason I didn't tell was I didn't want any opinions before hand and put in parenthesis (no offense)....everyone wrote only positives back! Another bit of "control" for me !! :scared: Yay!!!

I have prayed and will continue to pray for you!! I truly understand!! Hang in there and it does get MUCH BETTER!!!!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -25lbs--woohooo!!

Banded in Dalton, GA....living in FL now!!!

Hi! I was banded on April 4, 2006! My emotions range from being excited about my new up coming life to feeling guilty that I couldn't get the weight off by any other means.

I have one incision that is really sore, I don't think it is the port site as the one that hurts is really small. I can feel grumbling in my stomach and intestines. I don't know if that means I'm hungry or if things are just getting back to 'normal.'

I still feel really thirsty. I am going to work on getting more liquids in. I am hating this 1oz every 15 minutes.

I am looking forward to learning more about this new chapter of my life. :scared:

Thanks,

Nicki

Melody, Tearby and others ---

Thank you and the rest of the bunch for your messages. They were really encouraging! I do also have the pain and the grumbling in my intestines. I was up last night and my husband said "why is your stomach making all that noise?" I really didn't know how to answer. My guess is that its the gas working its way through and a bit of hunger I also have a bit of diareah and pain at the incision port site.

Also, I am finding that I get full really really fast. And its like 2 spoonfulls of broth or thin yogurt and I'm full and in pain. I'm almost afraid to eat. I haven't had a fill yet...I wonder will it will be like with the fill. Have any of you had 5 days after being banded?

I am going to take this weekend to try and relax and be positive about this change in my life. I both need and want to lose 135 lbs - and will have to find a way to feel that "control" and "power" and not resticted and powerless.

Melody and Vegas, congratulations on your weight loss!

I was banded on 3/20. I lost 16 in my first 2 weeks and since I started the soft food phase, I went up 4 pounds. I went from 300-400 calories to 800-1000. How many calories and what type of foods are you having? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I figure as long as I stay under the 1200 like my doctor suggested I should contine to lose even if it slows down.

Myemme:

Thank you for your encouraging words!! All the positives help so much!!! Part of the reason I may be losing quicker than you is that I have at least 140lbs to lose!! A person!! Also the Lord knows my need for "quick" success to continue going!! ;) As you move more you will also lose more!! I am walking 20min each day already...not racing...but moving. I think the caloric intake your doctor suggested is great. I am still on liquids. My doctor keeps you on Clear Liquids the first week then full liquids the next 2 weeks!!! I have snuck in a few mushy bites...but basically am staying on that....so another reason for my increased weight loss. I recognize that it will slow down....it did from the first week to the second...but I plan to continue moving more!

Tipper:

My doc will not fill until 6 weeks post band....I have heard it's not that bad....we will see! All your "noise" is the gas moving....seriously consider Maalox Max it forces you to go to the bathroom and that moves the gas OUTSIDE of your body! :paranoid I was able to be completely off the pain meds in about 5 days....honestly getting up and moving around seemed to help the most. Even showers wore me out at first...you are NORMAL...scary, huh???? :) You will get full really fast....but unfortunately :) that goes away and you start getting hungry....at least I have around 2 weeks. But you still will only sip for quite awhile. I bought some liquid Tylenol for in between the "harder" stuff the doc prescribed.... Hang in there!!!! You will make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praying for you!!!

God Bless,

Melody