Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

Speaking as someone who works in the operating room. The catheter thing is a surgeon preference but usually the pre-op nurse, like Anne said, will ask you to go to the bathroom before. If you do get a catheter, it is usually what we call an in and out, where they just wait for the patient to be asleep, insert the catheter, empty your bladder and take the catheter right back out. How long did the surgeon say the procedure was going to take? At the hospital I work at they take an average of around 45 minutes to an hour, depending on whether the patient has previously had surgery. I'm not scheduled until 3/24 but so far I have had to have blood work, a full physical, EKG, a psych evaluation(which I must say was interesting), a meeting with a nutritionist(where I found out it is true, I do overeat :D ),and the consult with the surgeon. I am 41 and can't wait to get it done.

Good luck with your research.

Hi BaileyM

Dr. Deol said the surgery would take aprox. 2 hours and she just has you go to the bathroom before surgery and doesn't use a catheter. I had one in before for an outpatient surgery and I didn't even know it had been put in and taken out until they told me!

Debra

Oh, I went for my Upper GI on Friday. Piece of cake! Funny thing, usually I worry excessively about testings. I would normally have looked up the procedure on WebMD, and been a nervous wreck, but I was as calm as could be. This is just one more step out of the way of my becoming a healthy, energetic person! Just can't wait!

Hmmm, For some REALLY silly reason I thought it only took 50 minutes to do the procedure.. Wonder how my little mind came up wtih that one! LoL

8 days till first appointment, marked off at work and can't wait!

Called Dr. Deol wondering where my 14 page packet is and Rebecca said it will be mailed today or tomorrow!

What kind of stuff is in the packet??

It is NOT STOP in my head 24/7 and I am having trouble concentrating, sleep, and just relaxing!

OH HOW I WISH IT COULD GO FASTER!!!!!

Keep in touch!

Baileym

Hi Baileym,

I was in and out of the OR in 1.5 hours and if you think about the fact that they put me under, changed the location of my IV, prepped me for surgery, etc. the actual operation probably did only take 50 mins.

My experience in the recovery room was a different story... They had no bed for me and I stayed there for 6 hours. You want to talk about freaking my family out. I had to finally ask them to go get my mom and let her stay with me in recovery because I knew she was going crazy trying to figure out what was going on... And to top that off, they called 2 code blues and were also paging my surgeon. She was a wreck!

Anyway, just sharing my experience.

Hi Baileymb

Dr Deol operated on me, and my Mother is also a very worried mother. My surgery took about 2 hours because I had a lot of scar tissue for Dr. Deol to go through. I didn't have a cathader, they just kept having me go to the bathroom in pre-op. It was nerve wracking sitting in the pre-op area, but they let my parents sit with me, and as soon as the guy with the needle full of happy stuff came, I didn't care what they did with me! I remember going into the OR and Dr. Deol was talking to me and the next thing I knew Dr. Deol was telling me that my surgery was overwith and it went fabulous! Honestly the hardest part of this surgery is the waiting and worrying! At least for me it was. I think I was in such excellent hands during surgery and my hospital stay my whole experience was a breeze! I have faith that Dr. Deol and her staff will make your surgery just as easy.

GOod Luck! Email me if you have any questions about surgery with Dr. Deol, I think I'm her biggest fan!

Janel

Those words are Music to my... Eyes?? LoL

Anyway, thanks for you first hand experience about Dr. Deol, I have heard so many nice things about her.. 1 week from today I will find out myself.... The wait is killing me!

Thank you sooo much!

Baileym:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches