Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew

hey folks!

I'm scheduled to be banded May 31- (yeah I'm one of those) I'm fascilating between really excited and completely terrified. all the support on this group is fantastic! I've started my "fat journal" to record my journey- I'll be banded by Dr. Rodriguez in Monterrey. yikes- the day is verrrry quickly approaching. I'm glad to see all of you early banders doing well.- now I have realistic expectations too!- thanks for that- I'll update when I get there!

good night all (have to be up at 3 am for work.)

kato

I just wanted to say thank you for keeping all us May bandsters in order! Without order.......hey....we could run amuck! Who knows how much damage we could be posting around here LOL !!

Glad you have us all contained. It's a big job.....glad you took it on!

smiles and hugs....

diane : )

Hi Kato!

I was banded on May 17 by Dr. R! Say hi to him for me! Just know that you are in experienced hands. That's the way I looked at it, and it was a piece of cake. :grouphug: You will do fine! You're in good hands with Dr. Arturo.

Cathy

hey folks!

I'm scheduled to be banded May 31- (yeah I'm one of those) I'm fascilating between really excited and completely terrified. all the support on this group is fantastic! I've started my "fat journal" to record my journey- I'll be banded by Dr. Rodriguez in Monterrey. yikes- the day is verrrry quickly approaching. I'm glad to see all of you early banders doing well.- now I have realistic expectations too!- thanks for that- I'll update when I get there!

good night all (have to be up at 3 am for work.)

kato

Hey first week of May 2006 Crew...

How is the weight loss going? do you guys feel hungry? Does anyone feel restriction from the band? I do not even noticed I have the band until I look at my healing scars ...Does anyone else feel like this? First fill is not scheduled for June 21st...How is the excercise going?

I'm a May 1st bandster and yes, I am HUNGRY!!!! But I'm fighting it and as long as I stay busy, I do ok. I really don't feel any type of restriction, I can pretty much eat anything I want, but I get full a lot faster. I've only had one time when I really "felt" the band and that was because I ate too fast. My loss is going great, up around 25 lbs. and I exercise just about every day. Water is good! And I know I've lost lots of inches. I will know for sure this week when I get measured at the gym.

My first fill will be June 8th......I hope.:grouphug:

Great job Justduckie,

keep up the great work..I feel hungry but am not going to cheap...fill in a few more weeks...!!!

peace and love

Hey May Bandsters! !

I was banded May 15th by Dr. Arturro Rodriguez in Monterrey, Mexico. I'm doing great! I have no pain, I've lost 13 pounds and I even mowed my lawn yesterday! WOO HOO! Life is good. :grouphug:

I'm trying to figure out where the LAP BAND RULES are? I keep hearing people mention them on this website but can't seem find them.

Anne

Hi everybody I got back home yesterday, doing pretty good, and ya know what I got on the scale this morning and it shows I had lost 8 lbs. alreadt :grouphug: . I was so excited, I ran outta the bathroom (naked I might add) :roll: and told my wife. I have absolutely no appetite, having to make myself eat Soups and Jello. I do have one question though. The incision where my port is looks bad as far as color, it's like a bunch of different colors, red, black, yellow, orange, etc. Is this normal, or do I possible have an infection?? :oops:

I'm Back and Banded:clap2: ! Had my surgery on Friday, went in at 7:15 am and left to drive home at 11:15 am. My surgeon said everything went excellent and he used a 4cc band. I have no appetite. Just drinking Water and Jello, thats all I want. I'm kinda tired, but I think cause I'm not taking very many calories. Incision pain just about gone, as well as the gas pain. I'm soo glad for the band. Good Luck to all the other May Bandsters!

Hey Cloe,

Congratulations!!! Sounds like you flew through that operation!!!!! I have been waiting on pins and needles to hear how you were. Next week it is my turn.

Glad to see you back! Glad you are not in much pain! Glad you are well on your way to recovery! Keep us posted on your progress!

Hi everybody I got back home yesterday, doing pretty good, and ya know what I got on the scale this morning and it shows I had lost 8 lbs. alreadt :D . I was so excited, I ran outta the bathroom (naked I might add) :roll: and told my wife. I have absolutely no appetite, having to make myself eat Soups and Jello. I do have one question though. The incision where my port is looks bad as far as color, it's like a bunch of different colors, red, black, yellow, orange, etc. Is this normal, or do I possible have an infection?? :oops:

Hi Jim welcome to bandland! I was also banded by the great Dr Rodriguez on may 12. I'ts good to be back at home it is not?

About your incisions I can tell you, that mime, look just the same, so many colors, I was so scared, but as days go by, they will get better, just put all the ice that you can on it, and give it some time to heal, it will happen. I even have some little bumps underneath the skin on one or two of the incisions. So take it easy, walk, rest, drink your liquids, let your family pamper you, and good luck.

Blessings

Letty

Hey May Bandsters! !

I was banded May 15th by Dr. Arturro Rodriguez in Monterrey, Mexico. I'm doing great! I have no pain, I've lost 13 pounds and I even mowed my lawn yesterday! WOO HOO! Life is good. :D

I'm trying to figure out where the LAP BAND RULES are? I keep hearing people mention them on this website but can't seem find them.

Anne

HI Ann!!!

You probably get to Monterey the day I left I'm guessing!

Well, nice to meet you "virtually"

What rules are you talking about? I don't like rules! :D

Blessings

Congrats to the new bander's! I was banded on May 4th in Washington St. I have been doing really well. I"m still on liquids till next Friday. I am still suffering with gas pains. I am thinking now they are coming from the Vitamins or Protein Drink. Jim my port area was a lot of colors too it was bruising. But if you have any concern you should contact your Dr. Never let anything go. Just a reminder to you all! Follow what the Dr's orders. I thought I was doing so well and went out side a week post op and was helping in the yard pulling some weeds and ended up pulling the muscle that the port is attached to..I'm still dealing with that. ! when he says no pulling pushing lifting I now learned a painful lesson. Today marks a great day for me I am no longer in the 300's thats a number I am so glad not to see again on the scale. I wish you all the best of luck!

Keep up the good work. See you on the down side of you journey

I'm Back and Banded:clap2: ! Had my surgery on Friday, went in at 7:15 am and left to drive home at 11:15 am. My surgeon said everything went excellent and he used a 4cc band. I have no appetite. Just drinking Water and Jello, thats all I want. I'm kinda tired, but I think cause I'm not taking very many calories. Incision pain just about gone, as well as the gas pain. I'm soo glad for the band. Good Luck to all the other May Bandsters!

Cloe, you drove home four hours after surgery? you're a

thought girl!

Congratulations! and good luck to you too!

Hi Anne,

I was banded on May 17th by Dr. Arturo! It sounds like you're doing great! :D Congrats on your weight loss!

I lost 12 1/2 lbs, but can't do any exercise yet because I'm still battling a chest cough.

Cathy

Hey May Bandsters! !

I was banded May 15th by Dr. Arturro Rodriguez in Monterrey, Mexico. I'm doing great! I have no pain, I've lost 13 pounds and I even mowed my lawn yesterday! WOO HOO! Life is good. :D

Anne