Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back To Reality...

Hey all, I'm back from my honeymoon in beautiful Hawaii...now it's back to real life. I did have a strange experience, and maybe someone else has had this happen. Here goes:

Pretty much the entire time I was away, I had a tough time eating. I got stuck on a lot of foods that normally wouldn't give me a problem, so I had to be even more careful than I usually am. Sometimes even drinking liquids felt icky. I also had a lot of GI upset for most of the trip, but I chalk that up to eating foods that I'm not used to.

Anyway, the second I got home, no more problems. I still get stuck occasionally if I'm not being careful, but nothing like on my honeymoon. What gives? Was it the air travel? Stress? Dehydration? I'm going to check in with my surgeon about this, but I was just wondering if anyone else had issues like this.

Possibly the different climate. It may have been hotter, more humid etc. Hopefully it wasn't stress - you are supposed to be happy and relaxed on honeymoon!

Same thing happened to me last week and I really think it was the airplane ride. But then someone told me maybe it's the heat. I'm not sure, thinking it's a combo of the two.

I've heard of similar experiences when travelling from other posters...

Congratulations on your wedding!

I think you are right about air travel, stress and dehydration being factors.

While in Hawaii did you travel to different altitudes (volcano's)? That may have also affected it. I was in Hawaii last summer (pre-band) and I know that my rings were generally tighter so I would think we may also be more likely to retain Water when traveling.

I travel by car to another state to see my son every couple months and I have problems the whole time I am there I think it is the stress of the travel for me as when I get home after a couple days I am fine.

We tend to eat a lot more sodium when we travel. Sodium will cause your entire system to swell. Airplane food, loaded with sodium. Ever watch one of those food channel chefs? They throw handfuls of salt on food.

tmf

Whenever I travel I have to be super careful and I think it's because of the different foods I am eating. Restaurants usually offer richer foods than I am used to... Also depending on the location... cooking techniques are varied and unusual to your system. You may be trying foods you have tried before and your body just isn't used to them.

Congrats on your nuptials!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches