Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Think I Need A Buddy. Struggling...

I am having a hard time making better choices with food. To be honest, I've very sensitive and I just need someone positive! Ughh! (in nj)

Krys

Hi there Krys,

How long ago were you banded? I'm only on Day 3 post-op, but I'll be facing food choices slowly but surely myself. I know it won't be easy but don't give up. This is a lifestyle change we' all need to learn how to make. Remember, it took us all a while to gain our weight so it's going to take a while to lose it too. This forum is a great source for support. I even created a blog so I can let my "feelings & thoughts" out. It might help you too.

Did your surgeon give you sample menu's you could follow? hHave you tried buying any bariatric related cookbooks that could help? I haven't looked into the cook books yet, but am planning on it.

Hang in there!

A lot of the things on the menu I can't eat. It hurts my stomach too much!

A lot of the things on the menu I can't eat. It hurts my stomach too much!

I have IBS and am lactose intolerant

Hi there. I am too in NJ and have a hard time with food choices. I am only 7 weeks post op and still learning the ropes. And there are wonderful people on here who continually remind me, without getting mad at me, that this is a learning experience. That I am ok.. doing my best. I am not lactose intolerant, but I have Celiac's disease and ulcerative colitis. So I feel your pain.

Let me know what I can help you with and I will try!

i could really use a buddy too! In the last yr I got divorced and lost my job and health insurance. needless to say i haven't made myself a priority. i had a slip and complete unfill last aug and without insurance never got a fill. ive gained 30lbs! i need to get back on track!

Would love to be a buddy, help on the journey... We all could use some help..

I'm not banded yet, but I'm here for you also! I have been reading everything I can get my hands on about nutrition, expectations, side effects, etc. Don't feel bad about anything! It's very overwhelming and so much information! You should feel proud to have even overcome all that and taken this gigantic step! Don't beat yourself up! I've heard it makes things easier if you get the right nutrients and make sure to get all the Protein your body needs! It apparently makes the hunger stay away longer and makes you feel better overall. I hope things get better and easier! Just hang in there. Have you ever seen that caption on the picture of the lil kitten trying to get up the tree?? Hang in there! Just smile on the outside, until you start to feel it on the inside. :) Let me know if you need anything. :) Best Wishes!

I'm looking for food ideas! Can't eat chicken, beef, or bread! Lactose intolerant. I'm clear out of ideas

I would love to become your buddy, we need all the encouragement that we can get while in this new life journey. You can add me as a friend.

Renee2817

Krys: Trying going on foodnetwork and looking up recipes.

One of my favs are the Orzo with roasted veggies by the bare foot contessa... its wonderful..

I am not banded yet, but have started a list of foods I will have stored at home for when I actually get to eat again. :)

Are you in a mushy foods stage? If so, maybe try something from the following. Bananas, peeled peaches, applesauce. Mashed potatoes with a little butter and garlic! Mashed sweet potato with a little brown sugar & cinnamon.

Flavored Instant oatmeal! Instant grits with a tiny bit of sugar free Syrup. Water packed tuna with a little lite mayo! Scrambled egg beaters (I like a little ketchup on them) Various melons like watermelon, cantaloupe, or honeydew.

I'm hoping the key is to try a variety of foods and see what works for you. And be creative in making it as yummy as possible. I hope you are having better luck today and are feeling a little better. Good luck!

I'm looking for food ideas! Can't eat chicken' date=' beef, or bread! Lactose intolerant. I'm clear out of ideas[/quote']

How about quinoa? It's high Protein. Also I love edamame- I heat in microwave & add salt. Yum. Try deli sliced meat-the super thin kind. Can you eat eggs? I do best with hard boiled- its easy to pop out the yolk & eat just the white. Also Beans are good altho I feel like I don't lose fast when I eat them a lot. Can you eat cottage cheese or yogurt? Good luck!