Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Burning in throat

Diana ~ You are so beautiful....I'm glad you posted that pic. The sunset is just gorgeous too!!

BTW, did you get some Aloe Vera juice & Egg Drop Soup? I've never tried either one, but it doesn't sound appetizing. Does the juice taste like the plant and the soup taste like an egg? Just wondering since I'm preband. :) I can learn to like anything if it helps my soon-to-be-band. :biggrin1:

3loves,

You're so cute. The Aloe Vera juice tastes just like the Aloe Vera plant. It's not too bad, but I can't say it tastes YUMMY!! I've definately drank things that were worse. (Any body ever drink the green stuff?!?!?) Egg Drop Soup is a chinese soup. It basically broth with an egg cooked in it. Good protien!! And no, it doesn't really taste like an egg. You'll have to try one. I can't describe it. By the way, I've never seen Egg Drop Soup that you can buy in the store. It has to be ordered & made right at a Chinese Restaurant. I go down to street & pick some up when I want Egg Drop Soup.

I never did get to the store to buy the Aloe Vera juice or soup. One of my good friends called me & said she was bringing over dinner that night. (I have some great friends!!!) So, I ditched the shopping list & vegged at home. Maybe I'll get to the store tomorrow. :rolleyes

Oooo...that's what I was afraid of. I will still get some juice in the house in the event I need it post band. Now, I could do the egg drop Soup and my husband would probably jump for joy. He loves chinese, but I try to limit him b/c he's one of those people that spew garlic through his skin. I dared him to eat it when I was pregnant.....one night he did sleep in the spare room. :heh:

You do have some great friends. I bet it was nice to just be home.

Thanks for the info....every little bit helps. :)

Just an update -

I'm now on regular food. I've been here for 3 days. I am not feeling any restriction & I feel like I can eat the whole house. As someone said on another post - I am having a love affair with a long lost friend. (food!!)

But, the burning & pain are completely GONE!! I am back 100%. I just need to get control of my eating. I can't wait to get my fill!!!

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

So glad you are back and have no slip.

Hey Everyone,

I just had to tell you all that the Aloe Vera juice really has done wonders!! I bought the Cherry berry flavor & it actually tastes pretty good. I can feel it soothing my throat as it goes down. I went to the Melting Pot last night (oh.....so good!) & some of the spices of the meat were kindof irritating my throat. 1 oz. of the Aloe Vera juice & I no more throat irritation. LOVE the stuff!!

Kathy, great suggestion! I will definately keep a bottle around the house permanently!!

Hi Diane,

You need to see your doctor asap. I don't want to alarm you but the very same thing happened to me last October. I ate a hot dog at my birthday party and became very ill. I had been having acid reflux for 2-3 months but I was trying to deal with it because I wanted to start losing weight again. I was banded 3 years ago last November and have lost 70 pounds. I have another 20 to loose. I suffered horriby for 3 days. I went to my surgeon and had some of the fill taken out. It didn't help. I went to the ER because I

I figured I was having a heart attack. It wasn't my heart. My band had prolapsed. My stomach had come out over the top of my band. I saw it in the xray. It looked so strange. The doctor immediately did surgery and took off the band. He put another band on and I'm going back to him next Thursday to have another fill. I've only had 2 since the surgery and I have been struggling not to gain any more weight. I've gained about 8 pounds. I have enjoyed sleeping at night and not sitting up in the bed to sleep. I was eating Rolaids like candy before I knew what was wrong. You sound EXACTLY like I was. I hope you've seen your doctor by now. I didn't even bother to look at the date before I started typing this. I just knew I had to tell you ASAP. Take good care and God bless you. Terrisings

Ok I need some input here people!!! I worked out pretty hard with a new aerobics instructor on Wed, but ate normally Wed night and lunch on Thurs. Then, around lunch time on Thurs my mid back started killing me...then after work, I was feelilng thirsty,and drank some juice, and it felt like it was getting backed up! Then my husband took me out to eat and Sonnys barbeque that evening, and I ate 3 bites of a barbeque rib and 2 bites each of potato salad and baked Beans and then did the ol' pb routine---which rarely happens when I eat meat about once a week.(yes, I chewed really well!!!) but after the pbing I still felt nauseaous! I ended up throwing up but it didn't end there! Nothing like this has ever happened before. It takes a LOT to make me throw up...(I only threw up once with each of my 3 pregnancies) I ended up throwing up all night, until midnight! And my back was spasm-ing and killing me---I can't decide which was worse my back or my stomach hurting from the nausea....I finally quit throwing up around midnight and haven't since. (yes there has been a stomach virus going around) I missed work on Friday, and felt very weak all day Friday---now all weekend. I find it hard to drink even water---it feels like it is pooling up then finally bubbling through---but I have had a sore throat/burning feeling now, when I tried to drink some lemon flavored fitness Water. I purreed some split pea Soup and it was a thick liquid. It tasted so good, I was sooooo hungry. It DID go down but I could feel it going through my band...and it hurt like heck! I managed to get about 1/2 cup down. I am trying to get the swelling down by doing the liquid only thing, but this sucks. My doc is 2 hours away, and I didn't feel up to the drive on Friday. I will go see him on Monday if it's not any better. Has anyone else had back pain associated with eating? I really was doing fine before this only losing about 2 lbs a month, so I really don't think my band was too full, but I do think my body has been changing and perhaps making it tighter??? I think hormonal changes at different times of the month make it tighter. Talk to me people!!!