Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

where is everyone

hello everyone no new post's for a while just wondering what you are all up to being the nosy person i am lol, i'm guessing it's the school holiday's keeping us all out of trouble,

Hi Jenny,

I'm new. I'm to be banded next week and I live in Brisbane. Where are you?

Regards,

Fleur

Hey Jenny

im still around just been busy working and yes the school holidays:)

how are you doing?

Welcome Fleur

Jenny is from melb

hi girl's good luck next week fleur do you have to go on the Optifast before the op our dr's from mulgrave put us on it i really really struggled with it don't forget to keep us informed of your progress.

fee how you doing? i had a fill 2weeks ago now got in 5c.c. is that right? well i was begining to feel left out as i never had a problem with p.b's now i know what it feel's like i wasn't missing anything lol take care ...jenny

Hi Jenny & Fee,

Who was the evil genius that invented Optifast? It's not too bad though, my dietician lets me have salads or vegies with lunch and dinner and I really like the chocolate mousse loaded up with heaps of raspberries. Any other Optifast survival tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Girls, I'm fairly new to this forum. I had my first appointment with Mr McHenry @ Mulgrave today, but will be getting banded @ Knox, hopefully in 4-5 weeks.

Jenny sounds as if you're going through the same people I am - I have to go on Optifast 2 weeks pre-op too, but have been on Optifast many times before to try & lose weight, so am sort of used to it now. I still have a 1.5 boxes in my cupboard from my last attempt, so will use that.

Fleur, good luck for next week. I generally stick to the Optifast vanilla shake - couldn't stand the Tomato Soup, & the Choc shake wasn't that crash hot either. I usually add a bit of Diet chocolate Topping, or about 1/2 cup of mixed berries & ice blended in.

hiya all and welcome Heth this is a great site, yeah we have the same people i had mr hensman he his really lovely and i felt very confident in his capability as i am sure the other doc's are the same hopefully you get to the next bandsters meeting be great to catch, if not i think the melbourne group from here will have another catch up after school hol's over to Fee and Jess they set up the last one and it was great.

fleur maybe being able to have other food with Optifast make's it easier to deal with they didn't tell me i could have anything else i think maybe that;s one of the reason's i couldn't stick to it my head said poor me, i actually put on weight from being given the date and going in kept thinking i'll never be able to have this again which of course is ridiculous, when i went to doc i was 114kilo's when i went to hospital i was 116, well look at me rattling on have a good day all

Hi ya,

Wecome Heth and good luck with your opp. I will try the Diet topping - thanks for the tip.

Jenny - I don't think I could do just Opti either. I have done it in the past and lasted about 7 days. I had a bit of a 'pity party' for myself last week and revisited all my old favourites - Nachos, Steak, chips you name it - I eat it. So you started at 116 - what are you now?

F

hi girl's good luck next week fleur do you have to go on the Optifast before the op our dr's from mulgrave put us on it i really really struggled with it don't forget to keep us informed of your progress.

fee how you doing? i had a fill 2weeks ago now got in 5c.c. is that right? well i was begining to feel left out as i never had a problem with p.b's now i know what it feel's like i wasn't missing anything lol take care ...jenny

hi Jenny yeah im doing good ...i had another fill yesterday only.3cc so thats ok. I feel more restricted...lol.

Glad to hear u got a fill....yeah:clap2:so u can feel the difference now?? Goodluck with it and let me know how ur going. I ahve started a thread for a get together so if your interested post away with suggestions.

take care....Fee

Hi Jenny & Fee,

Who was the evil genius that invented Optifast? It's not too bad though, my dietician lets me have salads or vegies with lunch and dinner and I really like the chocolate mousse loaded up with heaps of raspberries. Any other Optifast survival tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Fleur.....i didnt have to have optifast before i got banded...but i have tried it other times while trying to lose weight but found it not filling enuf for me. the taste was ok but i was still starving after it.

Try adding fruits into it.....or crushed ice and see how it goes:)

Goodluck