Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Is Your One Main Motivation?

Single parent Turning 40 this year with a pre school aged son.I gotta be there I'm already his sparring partner for karate :-)

Great topic....my motivation is...my children ....my husband and I adopted 5 children ages from 8 to 13 all at home..one is severly handicapped...so I want to be around for a long time to always be able to care for my special lil boy and all my other children and grand children....plus Im loving being able to move again....and feel my lil ones arms wrap around me......

I had my daughter when I was 18. I weighed about 130 before she was born. After, I weighed about 200! I went from young and "attractive" to fat and homely overnight! I spent all of my 20's and now most of my 30's being fat. I feel like it made me feel old before my time and also like I missed out on a lot of fun. I was lucky that my family was supportive, so I could have gone out with friends; but I often chose to stay home because I looked so bad compared to my friends. It's no fun to dress your 230 pound body when you feel like there should only be 130 pounds of you there in the first place! I have a picture of myself from before I got pregnant that I use for motivation. I may not get to 130 and I certainly won't look like I am 18, but I will look better than I did at 230!

Great topic Carolina,

My great motivation are my two kids, not only on this journey but in all aspects of my life. I've always tried really hard to set a great example for them and the only thing that I wasn't able to control was my weight.

Also, I'm in a point in my life where I can enjoy my kids, take them camping, fishing, play sports with them and even though I do a lot of that, I want to be able to keep that up for many years to come.

In second place would be my health, I don't want to be forty or fifty and have to deal with all the consequences of obesity, I've seen my uncle get a stroke and be reduced to a life of complete codependance and his quality of life is horrible.

And this might sound cheesy but I am also hoping that I would find the perfect woman for me, I am ready to give love another try...... and hopefully this time it won't break my heart. :unsure:

My motivation is mt BMI, when I go to the dr office I want it to say normal in my chart instead of morbidly obese!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk, SW: 225CW: 201 GW: 130

Mine is my 16 yr old daughter, Ashlyn. I want to be here to see her graduate from high school. I want to see her graduate from college. I want to see her follow her dream of being an English teacher in South Korea. I want to see her get married and have children. I want to see her enjoy her life. :wub:

My motivation is to look good! I know being over weight eventually would have effected my health but before my band my doctor always told me I was in really good shape even though I was 100lbs over weight. My blood pressure was always low, my blood sugar and cholesterol was perfect. So my bottom line for getting the band is ..... I want to look good and be confident doing it!

weight.png

Health

My motivation is being healthier, my family and my new babies that I want to have... We are planning on 2 more babies in the next few years. So all i need is to get healthy to live happily ever after my fairy tale story. Life is good...!!!

My main motivation is to be happy and healthy for my husband and our 4 children...(ages 8,7,3, and 14 months). My body is really beginning to feel the effects of the weight. So I need to nip this in the bud before it causes seriously problems!