Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Is Your One Main Motivation?

What is your main motivation to do so well or to keep going on this lapband journey? What is the one thing that you use (mentally) to keep you focused?

Mine is my little granddaughter (Eryn). She is now about 4 months old. I want her to be proud of her mimi and I want to be able to walk through the stores with her or to the park or the zoo. Right now I cant, but I will.

How good everybody tells me I look and the stares lol. No but seriously my health, and me being able to just walk around if i wanted to and not complain. :)

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

This is a fantastic question. It can be the difference between success and failure. My motivation is the fact that I invested so much in this journey, money, my health, my whole way of life. I lost my job 3 weeks before my surgery which I paid for myself. It took a lot of motivation for me to spend the money for the surgery with no income coming it. Well everything worked out for the best. I lost all of my weight and I never went back to work. An investment I made years ago allowed me to retire. All the timing was perfect. Sometimes the best motivation is just plain faith things will work out.

I have two. One is to finally be happy with the way I look, it's time I am in control not the food or fat. Two is my health- I don't want to be diabetic like my dad or have a stroke at 40 like my brother. I want to be healthy so I can enjoy a long life with my wonderful husband.

main motivation: grandmother (and possibly other people) to stop looking at me with disgust. :unsure:

Also, I would love to get married this year but at my weight I have no self confidence

I was sick & tired of being sick & tired. I was done being the grandma who couldn't get down on the ground (and back up) to play with my granddaughter.

I was sick of the growing list of ailments that made me go to the doc.

I was scared to death that I would die way too early.

I never would have believed how I feel and look today! No one could have told me all that I could have with weight loss. I thank God everyday for the support I continually feel from his love. this is what he wanted for me all along, I just couldn't believe it was mine to have!

My patrenal grandfather died at 47 and I remember my father worried about that age until he past it know Im 47 I had throyiditis and was put on 4 bp meds and was not getting any help I was afaid i was going to stroke and or die and im tired of carring around an extra person. this is the best decision i have made for me in my life.

My health was the biggest motivator. I didnt want to die of a heart attack of carrying an extra 200 lbs around. I didnt want to get high blood pressure, diabities and all the other problems which were borderline....I watched my mother die from problems compounded by obesity in 2009 and in 2010 the light went off and I made the decision to make some changes in my life.

It was the best decision I have ever made.

My health and how I felt about myself was my initial motivators. Now, what keeps me going is I like myself again! And I keep catching my husband starring at me. When I ask what he is looking at, he replies "my sexy wife" That feels sooo good!

getting off of the blood pressure meds that I was put on when I was 26 yrs old (Im 28 now).

Getting my life back!!!! I can't shop, go anywhere there's lots of walking or standing. Can barely get out of pool and yes, even riding my beloved Harley is getting hard.

My motivation is my three babies! My oldest has senior recognition Nov 7 & my goal is 30 lbs by then & 90 by graduation. I want her to be as proud of me as I am of her! Also want to live for all my children every minute God will give me

My kids. Don't want them to be embarrassed of me

My husband. He deserves the woman he married. He loves me as I am now but I want to do better for him.

Jeans- I have not looked good in a pair of jeans since I passed size 16. (size 24 now) I can't wait to shop at a "normal" store and get some cute jeans that fit!