Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Au (1-800-Get Thin)

Anyone with 1800getthin. Dr. Lee Au is so awesome . He is originally from Hawaii & is absolutely a wonderful surgeon & dr. I would recommend him for everyone. He is so caring & interested in everything about his patients.

And the FDA as well as Allergan are concerned about their patient education, and their claims in the ads...

I have questioned the claims & given all the info as well as my own research. Lap band is made by 1 company & oband is made by johnson & Johnson whom also owns the l.a. times. So of course they want to discredit the competion.

I have gone thru 1800 get thin for multiple procedures before having the lap band & am completely satisfied.

My ob/gyn was dr aram Bonni , whom is also absolutely wonderful.

You have to do your own research by dr , not the company.

Oh & the education I received was great. I've lost 46 lbs since December & 14 lbs in 20 days since surgery. You have to do ALL the pre op procedures also.

Some of the claims are due to lack of compliance from patients.

Follow the rules/plans & your results are on you.

A company called 1800 get thin does multiple procedures? What kind of things were you getting done through them? You mention an ob/gyn... Did you find them through 1800 get thin as well? Why would a weight loss company have ob/gyns?

This man and "get thin" are being sued and in the process of having their license revoked. They have been found responsible for a number of negligent deaths.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-get-thin-shin-20120814,0,486277.story

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/800-getthin-fire-lap-band-surgery-deaths/story?id=16324523#.UCpW7z1lS24

http://www.beckersasc.com/asc-quality-infection-control/new-whistleblower-lawsuit-hits-1-800-get-thin-surgery-centers.html

...you can find hundreds of more articles about this.

I wouldn't trust these idiots to operate on a mannequin let alone a human.

Well I'm doing just fine. They were wonderful. The one's being sued are the 2 dr.s who own some of the clinics. My dr lee is new to the practice. I spoke of him & his staff. I deal with the same people all of the time & Tri City Hospital isn't part of these claims.

Everyone has their own opinion & mine has been a awesome experience.

I was able to have my bladder lifted, apr, podiatrist, nutritionist, all the pre op procedures(endo, liver biopsy, sleep study, etc).

I personally will stand by them to this point (8 months of care & procedures).

Things happen. If you ask the coordinators & dr.s they have reviewed the individual cases & I'm told that the patients in question didn't follow all of the rules & procedures. So there for your risk is higher.

No one is doubting your experience, however it doesn't change the fact the founders of that chain and those associated with them are being both sued civilly and having criminal charges pressed against them.

Not to mention the FDA issued a warning to the entire chain for false/misleading advertising.

It's like the old saying: You're as good as the company you keep. I don't doubt there are people out there who had good experiences but due to the company these doctors keep, you couldn't pay me all the money in the world to let them lay a single finger on me let alone cut me open.

& per my questioning they have complied with all the demands from the FDA & allergen . Like I said my experience with those I have dealt.with have been awesome.

I agree with you about Dr. Au he is awesome. I just had port revision and can't say enough about how good he is.