Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded @ 418 anyone that high to start?

Hi ~

I was banded on June 20th 2005 my weight at that time was 418. My highest that I know of was 426 about 6 months earlier. I have only dropped 51 pounds since surgery and have been kind of in a funk. I was wondering if anyone else was as high as I was at their starting weight and how they are doing? I need something to kick me in the rear and get going. I have 2.3 in my band I have an appt on Friday and I think I will ask for .2 more and see if that helps. I total crave carb stuff - chips, crackers and ice cream, I am totally struggling on this right now. I want another 40 off by June but the rate I am going it is not going to happen. Please give me so insight. I know I have made bad bad food choices and I don't exercise much but heck I can't even get in enough Water. I have stopped taking my Protein Shake (550 calories) and am working on trying to get my Protein from food food. Had a southbeach Cereal bar for Breakfast and will hit a cup of cottage cheese @ 10 and then protein @ lunch and dinner.< /p>

Jacqie

426/418/367/250ish

06/20/05

Dr. Brian Anderson - Boise

Hi Jacqie, my pre-op weight was not quite as high but close, 350 - 380 depending on which scale, and want to lose 180 - 200 lbs. I can't really give banding/fill advice because I'm only 2 weeks post-op, but I can help with your dietary choices if you would like my non-professional advice. :hat:

Send me a PM and I'll shoot you my email if you're interested.

Hi Jacqie,

I also wasn't quite that high, my highest was 366, however I too want to lose 200 lbs. My weight loss was fairly slow until I had my 3rd fill, then it was restriction city.

51 lbs is a great start!

Wow 550 calories for a Protein shake? What kind do you take? You may want to try Isopure - the 20 oz bottle has 40 grams of Protein and counts as Water. I have a problem with chips, too. Hard to limit them because they go down easy - just get rid of them. If you crave the crunchy stuff, I can recommend Asian Rice Crackers - they go down really well, come in a variety of flavors and are only 120 calories for 18 crackers. I can only eat about 10 at a time.

What do you guys think about a thread for "super sized" bandsters? I see geographic locations having their own area, and turtles have their own society thread... anyone interested? That way we can support each other through our "more than most" journey. Just as turtles don't get much out of hearing us talking about fast we're losing, maybe it would give us a nice break from "I'm getting banded because I need to lose 60 lbs"?

Dunno. I know that a lot of diet boards have threads or forums for their "century club" "double century club", etc. members. It could be based on amount of weight to lose, or BMI over X pre-op...whatever. I do believe there's a different type pf encouragement needed when you're a super-sized person trying to lose weight, than when you need to lost 50, 60, 70 lbs.

What do you guys think about a thread for "super sized" bandsters?

I, for one, think it is a great idea!

I agree about the thread for us who are super sized. I dont know about you all but I look forward to one day buying a XL shirt instead of spending money for a tent

I was using Isopure powder in Water - gag. I switched to fat free "Carb Countdown" milk. Good on calories, no fat, and like 1 or 3g carb per cup. I'm not a milk drinker so even the fat free is too thick for me, so I dilute it with 1/2C Water. I also add a teaspoon of low carb Peanut Butter or sugar free coffee flavorings. Pretty darn good, actually. It has 50g Protein per serving (2 scoops) so I drink half at breakfast, half at dinner, and an "AdvantEdge" shake at dinner. Here's the nutritional info:

The Inside Scoop:

Contains 50 grams of 100% Ion Exchange whey Protein Isolate per serving.

Nutrition Facts:

Serving Size (g) 65

Servings Per 21

Calories 210

Fat Calories 0

Total Fat (g) 0

Cholesterol (mg) 5

Sodium (mg) 320

Potassium (mg) 750

Total Carbs (g) 3

Dietary Fiber (g) 2

Sugars (g) 0

Proteins (g) 50

before I started my pre-opt diet I weighed 418, lost 16 on Optifast diet, and weighed 402 day of banding (3-7-06) I now weigh 381 still on clear liquard diet. So I have lost 37. But it seems to me you are taking in too many carbs. My doctor will have me a high Protein with little to no carbs when I get to that stage.

Hi ~

I was banded on June 20th 2005 my weight at that time was 418. My highest that I know of was 426 about 6 months earlier. I have only dropped 51 pounds since surgery and have been kind of in a funk. I was wondering if anyone else was as high as I was at their starting weight and how they are doing? I need something to kick me in the rear and get going. I have 2.3 in my band I have an appt on Friday and I think I will ask for .2 more and see if that helps. I total crave carb stuff - chips, crackers and ice cream, I am totally struggling on this right now. I want another 40 off by June but the rate I am going it is not going to happen. Please give me so insight. I know I have made bad bad food choices and I don't exercise much but heck I can't even get in enough Water. I have stopped taking my Protein shake (550 calories) and am working on trying to get my Protein from food food. Had a southbeach Cereal bar for Breakfast and will hit a cup of cottage cheese @ 10 and then protein @ lunch and dinner.

Jacqie

426/418/367/250ish

06/20/05

Dr. Brian Anderson - Boise

I'm from Boise and wanted to say hi to you. I'm not having my surgery done here in Boise, but am going to Tennessee for it. I don't have much advice because I haven't even been banded yet, but wanted to say hi because we are from the same area.

Ok guys, I've officially requested such a thread. A dedicated forum would be niiiiice, but - well - baby steps first I guess. If you like the idea of our own super-sized area, it may be helpful to voice your support in this thread, where I've made the request. :)

Hi Jacqie! Welcome to LBT!

I'm in Boise too. Were you at the support group meeting last Tuesday night? Did we meet? :)

I'm going to enjoy the supersized thread. My starting BMI was 51 and now its 43.2 wow.. not too shabby :)

Teresa - You crack me up! :pound: