Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No restriction no weightloss no motivation!!!! Really wishing I would've had the sleeve instead!!! 4cc n 10cc banded May 14 n feeling no different than before unhhhhhh I'm so angry sad n thinking I'll never get this weight off tears.....

Maybe you need a few more fills? I have 6.2ccs in my 10cc band, and I'm just starting to see what the green zone is about.

Try searching Bandster Hell. It will explain what you are going through.

And remember, you didn't put this weight on overnight, so it isn't going to come off overnight either. Most doctors are happy with 1 to 2 pounds lost a week.

Its really disappointing trust me I know ...Ithought it was just going to happen soooexcited... what your feeling is normal..

Finding out that its not a golden ticket made me pretty mad to.. You might just as well see what its all about, you've gone this far

and it does work if you work it .Im finally at Green zone 7 months ,so I know it works ...Hang in Honey

I didn't feel restriction until my 3rd fill, 6 cc's in a 10 cc band. Good luck and hang in there.

Patience, if you lose faith already you've wasted your time having surgery!

follow the docs suggestions, get a fill and start moving (walk, exercise, bike, dance!) you will be gorgeous !

Me too had to get above 6cc's to feel good restriction. Everybody is different in how they respond and feel restriction. Keep the faith, it will happen.

Took me 6 fills to get to the green zone...... 7.7 in 10 cc. Be patient. Once you get to the green zone & follow the rules you will be fine. Good Luck!

I felt the exact same way over 2 1/2 yrs ago. It took 5 mths and 3 fills for me to get any restriction and start losing. I thought I had failed yet another diet. After my 4 week restrictive diet, I ate whatever and however much I wanted - until my 3rd fill. After the 24 hrs of iquids, I was so excited when I ate 5 bites of chicken breast, 3 bites of a baked potato, and a couple bites of peas - and was so full! My weight loss finally started. It's been almost 3 yrs now and over 100 lbs down.

You WILL do this! You have to have patience. I didn't do much research before my band. Wish I had. I thought I'd wake up after surgery and not ever be hungry again. Wrong. Wish I had read my patient instructions a little better when it said "Be patient. It may take a while to get restricition"

Good luck sweety!

Marci

Oh don't feel regret -- I have a friend with the sleeve and she's having a HORRIBLE summer. Can't drink liquid fast enough, sick from everything -- she's even having to cancel her summer vacation because she's worried she won't be able to stay hydrated!!!

This may be slower, but it will happen. I was wishing for the sleeve, but after 3 months I've lost 30+ lbs and can wear my engagement ring again. I haven't worn it in 4 years!!!

You'll get there.

I have frustrating days sometimes but a positive attitude goes a long way. Remember you are still much healthier than you were before surgery. Focus on sticking to your smaller portion sizes, getting Protein, drinking Water and being active. Are you exercising? Are you doing measurements? You may have lost inches, not lbs.

Nikki-I am going through what u are! It's so depressing! I feel like, if I could stick to this diet, I wouldn't have needed the surgery!

Marci-ur post gave me something I didn't have......HOPE! U seem to have been here and said its ok!! No one has said that without a small peice of judgement attached!! Thank u! I would LOve to learn more from u if u have the Time!

Krys

PLEASE don't give up... for some people restriction or the "sweet spot" may not click in perfectly until the 4th or 5th fill... and even a tiny fill can make a huge difference.

Hang in there... if you have access to a support group I STRONGLY suggest you try and talk to other bandsters in a group setting or on phone.

I find support from other bandsters to be key to my success.

I'm coming up on my 6th Year Banninversary this week and I still host 4 coffee groups a month for people that are banded or looking into the procedure. I also still get weighed in every month with my family doctor. This keeps me motivated and on track.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

I also have free long distance and if you like to chat on the phone I'd be happy to call.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 156 lbs

EM: tomander@bell.net

No restriction no weightloss no motivation!!!! Really wishing I would've had the sleeve instead!!! 4cc n 10cc banded May 14 n feeling no different than before unhhhhhh I'm so angry sad n thinking I'll never get this weight off tears.....

Like the other posters said nikki u probably arent at restriction yet so it does make it hard for u to lose weight, I think it took me 5 - 6 fills before i had enough fill to feel some restriction. There is nothing to stop u at least trying to do this before u feel restriction tho, Everyone on here professes to be a yoyo dieter, but stop once they have a band, sometimes we just have to survive on willpower and diets till we get to that sweetspot on the band that kicks in after a fill.

Dont give up, even with a sleeve, u would still have to watch what u eat and exercise ... hoping your next couple of fills are the magic ones !

I'm so very greatfull for all of you n ur encouragement! I have just been so impatient and unmotivated lately. I get another fill next week and I CNt wait I'm hoping for sum restriction just a little would give me a boost of motivation! Untill then I'll just practice patience ..

Each step of this has been so much harder for me than I thought it would be that I expect waiting for fills, finding green zone, etc. will be too. But you got through it right? The liquid diet, the pain of banding, the starting foods again, etc. YOU CAN DO THIS and it will get better. Don't give up on yourself or your band. (And I can say this now, 3 days earlier I would've screamed obscenities I think!)