Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am going on 6 weeks post op. I don't have my second visit until July 14th, with that being said I am hoping to get my first fill. Here is what I am expieriencing I am getting hungry about 1 to 2 hrs after I eat. Now I can only eat a little bit but more than 1/2 cup. I feel great no pain but I also feel like I can eat like I did before I had lap band. I am at a stand still with my weight I am down 22 lbs and I am happy about that but I am just wondering if what I am feeling is normal. I brought it up to my dr and he pretty much said we will see what happens and how your feeling when you see me. Is this normal to feel this way? I am eating alot of Protein, I have been drinking protein in between meals to see if that helps and I am not really snacking in between, trying to stick to what the dr gave me as a guide to eat. I had a piece of whole wheat bread with all natural Peanut Butter that seemed to help a little but again I get hungry soon after I eat. It is such a mental fight I have with myself, because I am not about to go back to the way I ate before lap band and it is so hard. Advise, suggestions anything HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP:) OH one more question salad is safe to eat at this stage right? If so I am going to start eating salad.

What you are feeling is completely normal! This stage, known as bandster hell, will last until you reach a good amount of restriction. Usually around fill 3 or 4 you will be able to go 4 or 5 hours without feeling hungry! Once in the "green zone" everything becomes so much easier, trust me it does! Unfortunately until you reach that level of restriction you will be hungry and have to operate on sheer will power alone. It is all totally worth it in the end!!

PS. I gulped lots and lots of Water during that hunger period to hold off eating!!

I am RIGHT there with ya' ! I had lap band surgery on April 9th and my first fill on June 6th. I have NO restriction and still have hunger. It is easy to get frustrated and I am thinking about changing my screen name to "Debbie Downer"

Thank you for responding and that helps.

Dont change your screen name we all have to keep strong and look for advice where we an get it:) I love this site, I get so much help and comfort and pick me ups:)

22 lbs in 6 weeks is awesome. Why so blue?

tmf

I eat between 1/2 cup and 1 cup of food .most days I eat every 2-3 hrs.I only had my initial fill of 3.5 cc in April and have refused more fills.even though the dr recommends eating every 4-6 hrs.I am doing well and loosing steadily 1-2 lbs a week and I can eat all foods with minimal "stuck" episodes.My last visit my dr said I was a great example of me working the band and not letting it work me.so e eryone is different.you are doing well.and ur just now coming out of your healing stage.good luck to u.:-)

Great job. Now to get on with it, drink Water all day between meals. If your doc allows 2 Snacks then use em. The water really helps, some of what you have is head hunger. I was told 65 grams of Protein, and 60 odd oz of water daily and I found it very hard to do at first. If you can have coffee, it helps some. For me, it is almost like a chocolate treat, at least to my taste buds. Follow your instructions and hang tight.

Thank you everyone. It is a struggle but I am hanging in there it helps to know it is normal of what I feel . I have been trying to drink as much as I can Water does help in between. Most of it is just a mind control it is going to take some time getting use to. But glad to know it is all normal:)