Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has Anyone Tried Alcohol?

I was wondering if anyone have tried alcohol? I am almost 7 months out from surgery and have not had one drop of alcohol. I am wanting to have a drink Tuesday night since it is my last day at my current job of 15 years. I am moving on to bigger and better things. I am scared that I might get sick or how it will affect me. I know for sure I wont be having carbonnation OK can't spell. Haha. I tried a sparkling Water once and it made me instantly sick. So maybe a margratria. What have other people tried?

I drink wine regularly, no differences . I'm sure you will be fine just go slow because you won't have much food in your stomach to absorb any alcohol. I usually have a glass or two at the most and I'm at home so I haven't had to drive..! Cheers !!

As I am in maintenance mode, I enjoy alcohol. Just beware as you haven't consumed in a while, your tolerance may be lower. We still absorb the same, so the surgery hasn't changed anything. Keep calories in mind when consuming.

Otherwise, enjoy!! :-)

I hardly ever drink, but I did when I was 2 weeks post-op. I had one glass of Jim Beam on ice. Sipped on it for 2 hours and still got a buzz.

I have seen many different recommendations from surgeons on here, so above all, check with your surgeon. I have seen some posts that say none for 6 months and some say none for a year. I waited almost a year, except for communion :) My tolerance was very low for awhile, but I have never been a big drinker. Stay away from carbonation and drink a glass of Water with every alcoholic drink you have. My favorite is a bloody mary. Good luck to you on your journey!

I'm such a rule breaker. I drink about 2 beers a week. And when I go out to Mexican, I usually have a margarita. I didn't drink for a few months following my surgery, and when I did, I had a glass of wine. Didn't affect me any differently. I would check with your dr too. Enjoy!

Marci

I drink very rarely, always have. I have not changed my habits with alcohol because of the band. Every few months I have cocktails with girlfriends or the occasional glass of wine with hubby. No difference for me.

Congrats on the new job. Have your drink to celebrate!! Enjoy your life.

Hmmm bloody Mary or a Fraser sound good

I have a few drinks a week. I can still have some carbonation, but it makes me more gassy than it used to.

I was wondering if anyone have tried alcohol? I am almost 7 months out from surgery and have not had one drop of alcohol. I am wanting to have a drink Tuesday night since it is my last day at my current job of 15 years. I am moving on to bigger and better things. I am scared that I might get sick or how it will affect me. I know for sure I wont be having carbonnation OK can't spell. Haha. I tried a sparkling Water once and it made me instantly sick. So maybe a margratria. What have other people tried?

I got my band 2/26/12 and one month after for my B-day I had my first drink and I didn't get sick ???ƒ

Banded 4/3/12. Had a Long Island Tea last night. The onlt difference is, I got tispy quicker. I didn't get sick. I had a good time.

You,can drink its just not recommended because its so many calories. Once in a while wont hurt... I drink a few times a month and it hasnt effected my weightloss in anyway.

I have had social drinks on occasion from about 2 months out. It has not affected me , but I always record it into my food diary because of the high calorie content. I had a margarita last night without the salt ....no problem!

I will not be banded till August, however I am trying to make some changes now so its easier later! I love the skinny girl line, good and low on calories!

I've tried plenty of alcohol, lol. It's no problem.