Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LapBandTalk Contest & Newsletter 06/24/2012

Hey, Banders!

It’s time for another LapBandTalk newsletter. This is your source for what’s going on at LapBandTalk.com. Today we have the first LapBandTalk newsletter after the official start to summer, and it’s a hot one! Here’s what you’ll find in this newsletter.

• We have a winner! Keep reading to find out who won the iPod Touch giveaway!

• Member Spotlight: Meet Quiltlove – although maybe you already have!

• Bandster Challenge: Take a photo!

• Write a review of your surgeon for our database.

Keep reading to get the scoop on these stories. Of course, you get so much more when you log onto LapBandTalk.com and participate, so come join us! As always, stay in touch and contact us if you have any questions or comments. Take care of yourselves and each other!

Sincerely,

Alex Brecher

Founder

LapBandTalk.com

And the Winner is…

A few weeks ago, we announced the Celebrate, we held a contest to give away a free iPod Touch. Everyone who filled out a complete patient profile was entered into the drawing, and you could increase your chances of winning by participating more on LapBandTalk.com with things like forum posts, joining a group and referring a friend to LapBandTalk.com. Now, we have a winner! Congratulations to NWgirl! We hope you enjoy your new iPod Touch!

The contest may be over, but you can still get your Apple iPhone, iPod and iPad app, your Android app and now the new Kindle app. They’re all fully functional so you never have to be without LapBandTalk.com. Posting to the forums, updating your patient profile and photo gallery and blogging are just a few of the features that the apps offer.

Member Spotlight: Meet Quiltlove!

This week’s member spotlight is on Quiltlove from North Carolina! She’s one tough lady who won’t let anything get in her way! This 63-year-old grandma has a daughter with lymphoma and a husband who fought lung cancer tooth and nail. And Quiltlove herself? Instead of letting these battles beat her down, she’s lost 125 pounds since getting banded in November of 2010. She says “results not typical,” but you can meet your own goals.

Quiltlove wants to be a spokesperson for a positive attitude and success with the lap-band. She wants to help other achieve their weight loss goals while loving life to its fullest. This hot grandma isn’t quite at her goal weight yet, but she expects to be there soon. Her rewards will be a Tummy Tuck, a makeover and then…her first two-piece bathing suit! We can’t wait to see the beach photos. Thanks, Quiltlove, for being in the spotlight!

We feature a different LapBandTalk.com member each week in our Member Spotlight section. Is there someone you’d like to see highlighted? Maybe you would like to be our highlighted member! Let us know in the member spotlight forum.

Don’t worry: it’s not bragging to nominate yourself. You’re helping others by sharing your own stories. If you’re shy, though, just PM Alex if you want to be in the spotlight. Use the messaging system by clicking on the icon of an envelope toward the top-right corner of the forum. Nobody will ever know that you nominated yourself, and you’ll get to be in the newsletter. Thanks!

Bandster Challenge: Take a Photo!

Each newsletter has a different Bander challenge. It’s an opportunity to push yourself a little outside of your comfort zone to make you stronger and give you more confidence in your lap-band journey. It can help you do things you never thought you could, or maybe that you never thought of before! The challenge is absolutely non-competitive. We encourage you to post your results in the challenge forum.

This week, the challenge is to take a photo of yourself and describe it. Are you at your goal weight? Is it a “before” photo? How do you feel about it? What will you do to change it if you’re not happy about it? How will you keep yourself looking good if you’re happy with your photo? We’d love to have you post your photo in the photo gallery and describe your photo in the Bander Challenge forum. Be an inspiration to others! In the Challenge forum, you can always look back at the previous challenges and post your results. It’s never too late to try something new.

Post a Surgeon Review

Of course you know that LapBandTalk.com is an amazing resource for peer support and information. It’s also a great place to find a surgeon for your lap-band procedure. We have a surgeon directory that helps you choose a surgeon based on location and reviews – and that’s where we need your help. If you’ve already gotten banded, please take a few minutes to write and post a surgeon review. You can get to it from the front page by clicking on “Surgeon” and then “Select My Surgeon” from the drop-down menu. Your opinions will help other individuals who are looking for a lap-band surgeon make the best decision for their surgery. Thanks!

That’s about it for this week’s newsletter. Thanks for reading and making the LapBandTalk community as strong as it is. We and the other banders couldn’t do it without you!

Take care!

Sincerely,

Alex

==============================================================

If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, you may unsubscribe by going to your Control Panel and clicking on the Newsletters tab, or clicking on the following link: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=newsletter

Ooh yay! How do I claim it?

Congrats! *jealous*

Funny thing is, I still have not gotten a reply to my question...