Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Extreme Vaginal Pain

My surgery was on June 8, 2012. I woke up the next day with horrible vaginal pain. It felt like I had been having sex for 48 hours straight. A few days later I started with surface bleeding. Now, I still have severe surface burning, itching, and pain. A small bump has formed above my clit. I have never felt such awful pain. Tylonal does nothing to help the pain. I am currently on an antiobiotic, I have used Monistat 1, vagisal (only helps for about 30 mins), peperation H (helps more than the vagisil), and cow salve (stopped the bleeding part of it). My pharamisists said my pro-biotics was probablly low. I am not chewing 4 Sustenex chews a day and increased my yogart intake about three days ago.

I expected all the other issues that I have the last 10 days, but not this one. Has anyone else had this much pain? What did you do to get rid of it?

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the lapband.

If I were you, I'd get my vagina to a Dr. - quick!

well i am not sure what it is but i know that sometimes (after anti-biotics) i got nasty yeast infections.(sorry TMI). i know at surgery, they were giving shots like crazy for stuff like that.

i agree with TK, get to dr as soon as you can to be safe

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the lapband.

If I were you, I'd get my vagina to a Dr. - quick!

I agree with TKW the lapband can be responsible for many ills and pains but it would have nothing to do with those female regions :)

go to the doctor and sort it out :)

Few things to point out..

Some of the Prep H products have a Petroleum base to them, same as Vaseline.. good for instant vaginal infection.

I think the only thing from that that is suitable is the wipes, however if you are going to use a wipe use a feminine hygiene wipe.

I know that some of their products contain witch hazel, which will dry the skin in your vaginal area, which can open you up to more infection, dryness, bleeding, cracking splitting etc.

Some of the Cow Salves are petroleum based also, regardless even if it is cream that will cause an infection.

Not to get too personal, but did you use a bedpan, have any gastric distress etc... If you had assistance in the hospital they might have by mistake transmitted bacteria from one place to another, which will give you a really good painful infection.

The antibiotics can add to the problem! I take a supplement daily it is chewable and it is acidophilus it helps with your intestinal track and balance for guard with yeast infections. If you had a last hurrah before your surgery you could be having symptoms of cystitis, which is not fun..

I ended up in the ER one time for that, not a good time.

You might find help in a product called Yeast Guard, it has some oils in it that are safe for the Vaginal area and it quite soothing. They have wipes also, I would avoid things with perfumes in it..and I still to this day have to be careful what type of body wash I use, or soaps because I will go into a full scale irritation and infection. Yeast Guard also has ******..

Can you eat yogurt yet? That is a good source of pro biotics.. also.. you guys will laugh.. BUT.. a remedy that I learned from a friend of mine is Plain yogurt suck it up into a Turkey Baster.. and make sure you lay down.. and Fill yourself up.. Yogurt is cool, it will ooze.. but will help to get some of that Probiotics up in into that area again... Sounds crazy but it soothes... Helpful hint::::: no fruit at the bottom Yogurt!!! You might get a cherry stuck! :rolleyes:

Hope it helps.. but seeing a GYN would help for sure.

I can't to my GYN for another two weeks. I will die of pain before they see me. Petroleum based products hadn't hurt me down there before. I do agree that they maybe the problem.

It does not seem to be from the surgery. I have increased my Probiotics, i take four Sustenex pills a day and eating four yogurts a day.

I had my husband give me an exam and when he touched it I screamed loud enough for the dead to hear and balled.

My husnad likes the sounds of the turkey baster. lol

My patient rep. called back and told me my surgeon said that since i have a hormonal imbalance already that the anastesia would finish messing up the hormones. He thinks it will clear up in a few days.

If you had a catheter then you might have an infection/bacteria transferred.. Hope you get some relief soon!

If you had a catheter then you might have an infection/bacteria transferred.. Hope you get some relief soon!

Nope, had a depends instead of a catheter.

I would think under the circumstances your GYN would fit you in ~ uff!

It sounds misserable... sure hope you feel better soon!

After my surgery with a cathader(sorry for my spelling) i had crazy itching and swelling, and bc of the itching i bled. It has gotten better now after 6 weeks. I read you can get an infection from a cathader very easy. Now certain toilet papers will trigger the itching but i solve that with paying alil more for my t.p. let me know what you find out

After my surgery with a cathader(sorry for my spelling) i had crazy itching and swelling' date=' and bc of the itching i bled. It has gotten better now after 6 weeks. I read you can get an infection from a cathader very easy. Now certain toilet papers will trigger the itching but i solve that with paying alil more for my t.p. let me know what you find out[/quote']

I got into the gyn. today. I have a bad yeast infection. It is not related to the surgery. I most likely have had it for awhile. On the brigjtside my gyn told me he wont allow the pcos to stop the lapband process.

I had a terrible yeast infection after my surgery side effect from the antibiotic

Hey I had the same thing good to know not alone but I took monastate 1 and was good I think the meds played a part

Hey I had the same thing good to know not alone but I took monastate 1 and was good I think the meds played a part

I have had one round of monistat and two one day scripts, still not over with it. Looks like another call to my gyn.