Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Inspiration...something... Anything!

It's only been one day of this horrid liquid diet. All I can have is the protine shakes (which I have to choke down) SF Popsicles and Jello. I have never wanted salt so bad! How do people make it through this? Lol I feel like I'm an addict going through withdrawls, I guess thats sort of what it is. And I can't watch tv, to many food commercials! I know I can't give up! I don't want to, but man... This is hard!

You hit the nail on the head!

You are detoxing, it is an addiction and you are going through withdrawals!

Hang in there with it, it will get easier but the first few days are the worst. Know it for what it is and you will find your body also purging itself, you mightg even have a bit of skin breakout.

You will be hitting the bathroom, you might be cranky, you might get some thoughts such as you can eat this or that. It is your body saying to you to just eat it, continue on... just like someone coming off a drug.

If you are having a rough time just come look on the posts and see what everyone is saying, it will help you keep focused!

Read a book, or watch a movie without commercials. Listen to music, or meditate... I even took some naps to help me get through. Hang in there...

It's only been one day of this horrid liquid diet. All I can have is the protine shakes (which I have to choke down) SF Popsicles and Jello. I have never wanted salt so bad! How do people make it through this? Lol I feel like I'm an addict going through withdrawls, I guess thats sort of what it is. And I can't watch tv, to many food commercials! I know I can't give up! I don't want to, but man... This is hard!

I had salt cravings also...you should be permitted to have clear broth on your liquid diet. It tasted heavenly! :)

Yes, the liquid diet is difficult...especially if you are around the rest of your family who are still eating their normal foods. I remember the day before my surgery hosting a luncheon for my club (a commitment made months before I had a surgery date)...and while they all enjoyed their lunch, I sipped on ice Water...

It can be difficult to give up carbs like you may have been used to having...you can feel listless and have no energy as your body looks for an alternative source of energy to burn. And you are detoxing...food addictions are not just a myth.

I kept focused on why I was doing the diet...to help me regain some of the health which my weight was taking from me. We are all unique, and have our individual reasons for opting for the band. Get back in touch with those reasons, and keep them in the front of your thoughts.

You can do this, if you choose to. This forum is an excellent place to come for emotional support and encouragement...come back anytime!

find some Protein Shakes you enjoy so you are enjoying those at least.

Hang In there lacey you are doing this for a.successful surgery We want everything to be smooth sailing you don't want to get in there and the surgeon refuse to go any further and guess what you are still going to have a hospital bill even though he didn't finish it so hang in there show he how bad you want this maybe you can get the Eas now and alternate the nasty ones so you will have a little.joy in your meals you will have to go back to.them from.time to time.after.a.fill so they will.get used in the long.run just a thought the Eas advantage are.only 4.99 a 4pack at Walmart

Can you have clear broth? I also agree that finding a good Protein Drink is critical. Hang in there, what helped get me through was thinking about why the preop diet was needed. I wanted my surgery to be easy for the surgerion.

Lacey you can do this! We are on day two together but since you can't have any solids I agree with deana here it will make a lot better by finding a good Protein Shakes and I use the EAS also! I bout mine at sams club for 27.78 for 24! Didn't you also say you can't have broth either? That doesn't make sense to me but doctors are different. You are strong I know because you have gotten this far and you can do this!

No broth. I will try those shakes today though. Thanks for the support everyone!

Remember, if you cannot stand the taste of whatever brand you're drinking, you can always drink regular milk. I also read about people doing regular milk with Carnation instant Breakfast powder. Even Slimfast has a higher Protein, low carb shake that would be okay.

I know my nutritionist said to add powdered milk to things to so I got enough Protein. I would recommend the costco Premier Nutrition shakes- they're nothing special, but they don't make me gag like a lot of the others on the market.

EDIT: Also remember you want to find a shake you can tolerate well enough because you will need to do liquids for a day or two after every fill appt.

My nutritionist suggested adding a splash of sugar free coffee Syrup (like the Torani's SF Carmel or SF White Chocolate) to the Protein shakes if they were hard to get down. I got the Body Fortress powder from Walmart and it was pretty good. The chocolate Peanutbutter one definitely satisfied a craving or two.

As for suffering through - keep your goal in mind. It really is "mind over matter". Yes, you are hungry...starving...but you have to do this in order to have the surgery, which is a key part of reaching your goals. Just remember, you're giving your body everything it needs. It really put my eating habits into perspective!!

go take a nice relaxing bath with a good book and some candles pamper yourself get your mind off the F word. Also I loved the campbells special Soups such as the Tomato basil and squash they are awesome they were my saving grace for awhile they are the square ones

My Surgeon had me doing 6 of the Slim Fasts per day for two weeks prior. I was also able to drink broth as well which was good for the wanting something savory. If you are doing the shakes that you blend, I find that if I add a bit less milk and a bunch of ice cubes the blended ice helps me alot!! Especially in summer it makes it more of a treat. Hubby and I both do the shakes and if we do not have them it is something we crave. He is not banded, just loves to partake in the process.

We both swear by Isopure the Dutch chocolate version. Not alot of things agree with me and have a horrible taste. This has a good proteing, no sugar.. and was approved by the Doctor and the Nutritionist. Good luck

At this point it's about sheer willpower. You can and you will do this! I'll be honest, day 4 and 5 was the worst (I had to do a 10 day)... But it does get easier once you are only a couple days from surgery. Needless to say watched A LOT of sports and Espn to distract myself. lol! Cry, allow yourself to get frustrated, call the doctor if you need suggestions. Drink Water constantly so you're hydrated. Exercise if you have enough energy to, make a list of your motivators, clean your house, look at clothes from non plus size stores online.

Hey Lacey! How did u do today?

Hey Lacey! How did u do today?

Better. I got some of the Adkins shakes. They are way better! I've only drank 2 so far an only one Jello cup, but I have a bad headache! How about you?