Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay I am right at 3 years out still not at goal and falling off track last couple of weeks. Lost 84 now up about 8 of that. I have also been sick and no workout about 3 weeks and some junk. I do really good on a meal plan that is already set in stone and I just have to eat it and move on without thinking about it.

If you all could look at the following information that I would be taking in if I choose one of these. Some are higher carbs but the carbs only come from high Fiber oatmeal, no flour or bad carbs. If you would look and see if one of the combinations sounds smart to you and let me know your opinion PLEASE. I just need a couple of weeks to get me in the right direction without going totally shakes only. If you think this sounds totally dumb thats okay too tell me I am trying to figure something out. Just home from Doctor (flu) and 8 lbs is on my mind.

Calories 840

Protien 102

Fat 16

Carbs 80

Sugar 6

Fiber 34

or

Calories 960

Protien 106

Fat 18½

Carbs 105

Sugar 8

Fiber 41

cheri

Heard of the 5 dy [pouch diet by Kay Baily . I think and my Dr says always always eat protien first you will not lose weight on carbs. And he is right for me. I try really hard to stay below 50 carbs a day, which make drinking Protein Shakes difficult so I eat my Protein real slow and well chewed..

I am going to do the 5 day pouch to get on track, you know being fat and gaining is a lot worse then being hungry and I have learned if I don't give in to my cravings I get over the hungrys .

I am not a professional by any means but how many times a day do you eat?

is this for the whole day? Ever think if that is your whole calorie intake if maybe you should be eating a bit more? Around 1200 calories a day? Maybe your body is going into a lets hold onto things because it feels you are not giving it enough!

What are your Protein choices? Are you eating chicken? meat? Protein Shakes?

I find I do better if I eat a 3 meals and a couple little Snacks a day.. keeping the protein up

maybe you can see the nutritionist at your doctors office.

That would be from 3 small packs instant oatmeal and 3 Protein shakes. The protien shakes are only 5 carbs and 3 grams of fat 160 calories, it is the oatmeal that has all the carbs. So that would be good carbs right?

I admitt I am always looking for any easy way. When I was first banded it ate chicken salad with fat free mayo 3 meals a day for 6 months with a Protein shake a couple of times a week. I just do better when I know what I am gonna eat and it is ready to go and get out of the kitchen. I can go all day with no physical hunger since being banded but my emotional hunger I deal with daily.

Cheri

I think and the reason I say this is that if I ate 3 pouches of oatmeal a day nothing would happen. You are drinking the shakes which is fine, but you would be better off eating something other than the oatmeal in my opinion. I like oatmeal but we do not get along that well for weight loss, I would think especially not if your eating that much of it.

Premake some Chili which is high in Protein and good fiber. I love to make it with bison it is less fat than other meats and tastes really good. It is really really easy to make!

Black Beans are a good source of Protein and easy to fix. I even toss them in a salad and it is really good!

Yogurt, morningstar farms veggie protein meat substitutes are good, cottage cheese, Grill a couple of chicken breasts and eat part of one it is already cooked and maybe diced and toss in some cottage cheese.

You lost weight on the chicken salad, try tuna salad too, or even mix some up with canned salmon.

You can preplan your meals and know what you are having, but you need to eat things that you won't get sick of and can do longterm. I think not having variety is contributing to your emotional hunger that you are having now..

Eat that protein first!

Carbs are not bad and carbs in oatmeal are really good for you although I think it is better to cook it yourself than use instant. One thing oats are good for are lowering cholesterol ;)

If this is a short term solution to get over the hump then I don't see a problem. Sometimes knowing what you are able to eat in advance and being able to grab it quickly and easily makes a huge difference. Why not try the lower calorie option and if you do get hungry have a glass of milk or some non starchy vegetables to help fill you up.

Good luck and let us know how it works.

I am not a professional by any means but how many times a day do you eat?

is this for the whole day? Ever think if that is your whole calorie intake if maybe you should be eating a bit more? Around 1200 calories a day? Maybe your body is going into a lets hold onto things because it feels you are not giving it enough!

What are your Protein choices? Are you eating chicken? meat? Protein Shakes?

I find I do better if I eat a 3 meals and a couple little Snacks a day.. keeping the protein up

maybe you can see the nutritionist at your doctors office.

Wow, there may be something to this after all. Let me explain. I've been at a plateau for over 6 months. I talked to a nutritioniist who had me keep a food journal for 2 weeks. After she analyized everything she told me that my caloric intake was to low for me. I was taking in about 900 calories a day and she told me I should be at 1200 - 1400 calories a day. My protein intake was about 60-80 grams a day. She told me exactly what Pandora stated - "your body is going into a lets hold onto things because it feels you are not giving it enough!" state. Well, out of guilt in increasing my calories, I decided to just increase my work-out time. The scale is still not budging!

I am going to try this out, by, increasing my calories via more protein and see what happens. This is the 3rd time I have heard this and am still stubborn, but, now hearing it a fourth time, there really may be something to this. jake

Jake, let us know how it works out!

I know YEARS ago I went on a diet that was all liquid through my local hospital they called it HMR or something like that. I think we were taking in like 800 calories a day and it was all via shakes.

So many people were dropping weight like mad!! NOT me...

I was living at home that time because I was in my early twenties. I did not cheat an no food passed my lips not even a cracker. I was getting disoriented, my hearing and vision was affected. My hair was falling out. I lost 12 lbs in the first couple of weeks.. then NOTHING... no more drop.. people were cheating and losing weigh check in after check in. I stayed the same!!!

My physical symptoms got so bad my parents dragged me down to the hospital and demanded they take me off it. They told them that is was my choice and that they wouldn't and when I said I want off they tried to argue it.

Needless to say I started to eat and the weight started to fall off me... regular food in small amounts lots of Protein. I ended up at 163 lbs and a size 11/12 but somehow I looked like about an 8.

I did gain during a crappy marriage, but that is another story!! lol.. so here I am again..

So that is one of the reasons I decided to do the band, knowing that for me variety and the Proteins with a bit of other stuff mixed in was the best for me so that my body doesn't decide to hold onto what fat storage it has... just a thought... It is a tool to help me with quantity etc

For me cereal/oatmeal etc.. are like Crack! I can have in very limited amounts or they decide to move in to the availabel space on my butt!

Jake it is true if I drop below 1,000 calories my weight loss stalls if stay between 1100 to 1300 I lose an average of two pounds a week. Everybody is different but it worked for me 100 pounds so far!

What others have posted seems accurate...with the typical variations between doctors.

What I would add, for consideration, is to ask if you know what your daily Protein goal is? As per the dietitian during my pre op education, for my height and age, my daily range is 32-60 g of Protein per day. I was advised to never count calories, only to make good food choices, and limit each meal to 3 oz of protein and 2 oz of healthy carbs per day.

We do need to get enough protein daily to sustain weight loss...and also be sure to drink sufficient fluids every day.

For me cereal/oatmeal etc.. are like Crack! I can have in very limited amounts or they decide to move in to the availabel space on my butt!

That is too funny!! We all have our foods that are like that. Remember the commercials with people walking around with donuts on their behinds. Don't remember what the commercial was for but it was too true to life for some of us.

Once when I made my own diet plan again (before Band) lost 100 lbs eating nothing but hot air-popped popcorn. It took about 8 months but that is all I ate . . . I lost 100 lbs and a lots of my hair but I was skinny, sick and skinny. But I ate all the popcorn I wanted as long as it was air-popped. That would make a great thread DUMBEST DIET YOU EVER DID.

Cheri

One thing oats are good for are lowering cholesterol ;)

Elcee,

I really want off this Crestor so I have been eating some oatmeal everyday and trying to be good. Trying not to get my Protein from meat or eggs and most dairy unless fat free. Have blood test next month and we will see if the “evil crestor” has done it's job.

Cheri

im thinking your diet is too boring and the same ALL the time ! I understand that you do better when you know what you're going to eat so you dont have to think about it, but i think there's a better way to live than just the same 3 foods ! You might want to look at some good healthy foods, and then prepare them 1-2 x a week. Put them in small tupperware containers marked "Protein", "fruit" "veggie" and "carb." Then when you're ready to eat, its all ready to go. Others might have better food ideas, but heres mine. Protein = chicken breast, hard boiled eggs, salmon or turkey burger ,fish, turkey Jerky, sliced steak, and my all time favorite Bruce Aidells chicken teriyaki meatballs. Mmmmmmmmm..... fruit and veggies are what ever you like, and carbs = brown rice, whole wheat noodles, yukon gold potatoes. (My hubbys diabetic, so most of our meals are diabetic friendly.) Its all grab and go, a no brainer ! Hope this works for you. Good luck !

Jake it is true if I drop below 1,000 calories my weight loss stalls if stay between 1100 to 1300 I lose an average of two pounds a week. Everybody is different but it worked for me 100 pounds so far!

I've increased my calories by 300 a day and so far so good, I've lost 3 lbs, however, I feel guilty as heck. I've increase the caloric intake with Snacks in between meals. I'm trying to stick to healthy snacks like fruits, almonds and string cheese. I know the string cheese is probably not a good idea, but, I try to limit myself. Thanks for the advice and suggestion. I will let you know how this works out.

Vary your diet and your caloric intake throughout the week. This keeps your metabolism from getting complacent and comfortable. And avoid going shakes-only! shakes are great, but using them as a supplement to whole, colourful meals (unless your doctor prescribes a liquid diet) is best because it varies the sources of Vitamins and keeps your digestive system healthy.

I know it is confusing after getting results by working so hard to limit and organize your diet, but experiment to see what works best for your body. Don't feel guilty, and only pass judgement after weeks -- not days -- of trying something new.

Snacking on anything (within reason!) is fine in moderation. It keeps the metabolism going and curbs appetite so we don't eat too much in one sitting! Just make it the exception, and stick to the rule of healthy meals.

But you know all that. You've come this far, so just keep it up! :)