Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good evening all,

This is my first attempt at LBT so be kind...

I had my surg on 1/24 and had my 1st fill last week. I have read a lot of the postings and I know not everyone gets filled quickly. I was glad, however, b/c I was starting to get hungry. :cry

I have lost 20 lbs to date since surg and I am not sure this is the average or not. Any input??:help:

I did get an upper resp infection two weeks ago and was glad not to be filled or too restricted b/c I needed to get in more than average fluids due to the fever.:sick That has passed and I am back on track.

I welcome any advice since this is all new to me. :) Thanks!

Dr. Spivak-Houston

Banded 1.24.06

1st fill - 2ccs 3.2.06

Hi DT, I'm from Houston, too! 20 pounds is great, you should be very proud of yourself. You know, I actually got a respiratory infection about 2 weeks post-op, too. It was Christmas-time, and something nasty was going around. I'm glad you're doing better, and glad to have you here.

HELLO and WELCOME!!!

I am north of Houston, and I, too, am being banded by Dr. Spivak. I am on the countdown...5 more sleeps:notagree !!!

What was your pre-op bmi? if you don't mind me asking.:phanvan

It seems like,and I may be wrong about this, but it seems like weight loss rate has a great deal to do with your starting condition. The more you need to lose, the more you lose in the beginning. ((I could be way off, so do not crucify me if i am wrong:peep: ))

:eek: Hey thanks for all the warm wishes. I am struggling here with the scale not moving. Any suggestions? I eat my required Proteins, and calories, drink my required Water, etc. but the scale doesn't move. :confused:

I am wondering if it has anything to do with the insulin I still have to take. Hopefully, when the weight starts falling again I can readjust my insulin intake and lower again. Any thoughts on the subject? :help:

Hey I Also Used Spivak In Houston I Had My Surgery On 1/25/06 Went For My First Fill 3/09/2006 I Had Only Lost 12 I Was Disappointed But Am Now Seeing It Is More Than Being Banded And Alot About Work Excerise And Eating Right.

Welcome to the forum with the coolest and nicest people anywhere around. Sounds like you are doing great and 20 lbs. seems awesome to me. I hope to get to join the banded bunch in a mo. or so, but meanwhile I just kind of hang around and take it all in and let it all out. :)

Hello, I am new to the Forum. I was banded 3/10/06 and today was my post-op appt. No problems thus far. Tomorrow I get to start mushies. Weighed in today at 192. Incisions were pretty itchy last week but no longer. sleeping on my side again too. Have been eating Soup and Protein Shakes. I love the Protein shakes with Carb Countdown dairy beverage. I think I'll keep drinking them. I have craved pizza and chinese food, I must confess! I'm trying hard to think of the band as my friend now instead of food. Good luck to all of you. This forum has been a wealth of info and support.

Hi i have a question for you, i am getting my band next qwednesday only 5 more days YEAH!!!, but where you were saying that the incisions were itchy, did you use anything to stop the itching, or are we not suppose to put anything on them.

Hello, I am new to the Forum. I was banded 3/10/06 and today was my post-op appt. No problems thus far. Tomorrow I get to start mushies. Weighed in today at 192. Incisions were pretty itchy last week but no longer. sleeping on my side again too. Have been eating Soup and Protein shakes. I love the Protein Shakes with Carb Countdown dairy beverage. I think I'll keep drinking them. I have craved pizza and chinese food, I must confess! I'm trying hard to think of the band as my friend now instead of food. Good luck to all of you. This forum has been a wealth of info and support.

Hi Shaunti,

To reply to your questions about where it itched -- all of the incision points were itchy right over the incisions. I had steri-strips and band aids covering the steri strips. Dr. said I could take a shower after 24 hours and take off just the band aids but NOT the steri strips. The steri strips just curl up and eventually come off. All of them came off within three or four days EXCEPT the ones covering up the port incision. After a few days they were healing and so itchy that I scratched lightly around them and also called the Doctor to see if I could use Solarcaine to spray on them. He said NO. Just put up with it. Once the steri strips came off the biggest incision then the itching gradually went away. I am exactly 2 weeks post op now and today started on mushies. Had mashed potatoes, 2 tablespoons and am full. I have to be very careful not to stretch the pouch. GOOD LUCK TO YOU NEXT WEDNESDAY AND KEEP IN TOUCH.

Hello, I get banded on 3/39, very excited my doctor is Dr. Speigel.

Oh, only Spiegel would operate on a made-up day. :)

He banded me on 12/19/05, and to answer your question about itchy scars, mine still itch 3 months out. BUT...I think that means they're healing well. Elizabeth from his office (make friends with her, she's MUCH better than Melisa) told me to break Vitamin E capsules over my scars after they dried up. However, I found this Vitamin E stick at Walmart for less than a dollar, and I used that for a while. Now I just put lotion on my scars. If I put lotion on in the morning and after my shower at night, I don't itch very much.

Spiegel's a real asshole, but the man is an artist when it comes to the band. My scars will be completely unnoticeable in about a year.

Good luck with your surgery, and keep up posted!

Thanks alot for the advice, and i will keep it posted. :)

Oh, only Spiegel would operate on a made-up day. :D

He banded me on 12/19/05, and to answer your question about itchy scars, mine still itch 3 months out. BUT...I think that means they're healing well. Elizabeth from his office (make friends with her, she's MUCH better than Melisa) told me to break Vitamin E capsules over my scars after they dried up. However, I found this Vitamin E stick at Walmart for less than a dollar, and I used that for a while. Now I just put lotion on my scars. If I put lotion on in the morning and after my shower at night, I don't itch very much.

Spiegel's a real asshole, but the man is an artist when it comes to the band. My scars will be completely unnoticeable in about a year.

Good luck with your surgery, and keep up posted!