Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are Good Foods To Eat What Should I Put On My List To Buy.

I got my surgery on May 22, 2012, my doctor told me I can eat everything except red meats, bread and sweets. Can someone please give me some suggestions as to what I can eat for Breakfast, lunch & dinner also Snacks. Its so easy for me to go back to my old eating habits I'm down 16 pounds and want to keep going please advise.

I have been able to eat seedless grapes, watermelon, pinapples, crawfish, snow crabs, baked potatoes, lil smokies, chicken salad, chopped salad with pan seared crawfish tails.

I can eat turkey, fish, very tender filet mignon, chili, other Beans, lots of things. What I can't eat: white bread, rice, Pasta, iceberg lettuce for some reading, no fried egg but poached or scrambled. Can't eat drier chicken.

weight.png

Ok Thanks

Cottage cheese, salad, black Beans, fresh veggies I like to season them up and bake, or put on a grill. Morningstar farms vegi Protein products I also like alot. We like to use ground bison and make burgers and wheat Buns. I am good for a half of a burger, and I also keep in string cheese if I need a quick protein on the go item. Alot of people eat the greek yogurt as well.

Fish, scrambled eggs, plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, chicken, Greek yoghurt, cheese, more fresh fruit and vegies.....

Cook meats slow in a crock pot they are moist tender and easy to break down steam veggies and I stay with multiple grain cracked wheat or rye breads. I prefer rye lightly toasted it doesn't get stuck and it's only 70 calories a slice. I also eat veggie burgers and soy burgers and deli chicken breast. For lunch I will have canned chicken breast light mayo and wasa crackers or one slice toasted rye smeared with a wedge of weight watchers cheese and some turkey breast and I eat it like a pizza. dinner sautéed chicken breast with garlic olive oil and seasonings with stead veggies. Occasionally I will have a little cous cous or brown rice but it fills u up fast with little Protein value so I don't make a habit of it. Breakfast is either two eggs with a slice of rye or special k with a banana and nonfat milk. Well that was long winded but I hope it helps:) it takes time to discover what works for you that u enjoy get creative. My rules are no whites (white bread rice flour etc) no sweets no sliders (ice cream etc) and I minimize carbs and I am a dreaded calorie counter. I was banded in nov and I am 100 pounds down. Just remember we are all different get creative and experiment .

Thanks guys this is very helpful information.

Cook meats slow in a crock pot they are moist tender and easy to break down steam veggies and I stay with multiple grain cracked wheat or rye breads. I prefer rye lightly toasted it doesn't get stuck and it's only 70 calories a slice. I also eat veggie burgers and soy burgers and deli chicken breast. For lunch I will have canned chicken breast light mayo and wasa crackers or one slice toasted rye smeared with a wedge of weight watchers cheese and some turkey breast and I eat it like a pizza. dinner sautéed chicken breast with garlic olive oil and seasonings with stead veggies. Occasionally I will have a little cous cous or brown rice but it fills u up fast with little Protein value so I don't make a habit of it. Breakfast is either two eggs with a slice of rye or special k with a banana and nonfat milk. Well that was long winded but I hope it helps:) it takes time to discover what works for you that u enjoy get creative. My rules are no whites (white bread rice flour etc) no sweets no sliders (ice cream etc) and I minimize carbs and I am a dreaded calorie counter. I was banded in nov and I am 100 pounds down. Just remember we are all different get creative and experiment .

I got my surgery on May 22' date=' 2012, my doctor told me I can eat everything except red meats, bread and sweets. Can someone please give me some suggestions as to what I can eat for breakfast, lunch & dinner also Snacks. Its so easy for me to go back to my old eating habits I'm down 16 pounds and want to keep going please advise.

I have been able to eat seedless grapes, watermelon, pinapples, crawfish, snow crabs, baked potatoes, lil smokies, chicken salad, chopped salad with pan seared crawfish tails.[/quote']

You haven't had the band long enough to be eating regular food... I would stick to the liquid to moshi as long as possible and then after a month trying to do some small things red meat is probably not a good idea anyways it's all that crap is filled with hormones....

I got my surgery on May 22' date=' 2012, my doctor told me I can eat everything except red meats, bread and sweets. Can someone please give me some suggestions as to what I can eat for breakfast, lunch & dinner also Snacks. Its so easy for me to go back to my old eating habits I'm down 16 pounds and want to keep going please advise.

I have been able to eat seedless grapes, watermelon, pinapples, crawfish, snow crabs, baked potatoes, lil smokies, chicken salad, chopped salad with pan seared crawfish tails.[/quote']

You haven't had the band long enough to be eating regular food... I would stick to the liquid to moshi as long as possible and then after a month trying to do some small things red meat is probably not a good idea anyways it's all that crap is filled with hormones....

i am crazy for Bruce Aidells teriyaki pineapple chicken meatballs. Also, eggs, O'bertos Turkey Jerky ( a good source of Protein, travels well, no refridgeration), almonds, walnuts, oatmeal, fish, chicken , turkey burgers, laughing cow cheese, and for ice cream cravings, a frozen Sugar Free Chocolate pudding cup , ( Yum !)

Thanks guys!

I agree that it's too early for you to start on salads and red meats. I was told not to eat salad, fresh veggies or fruit at least for 8 weeks to allow band to heal. I was banded in December and was told by my surgeon to start eating mushy by the second week. Foods that I've tried are: farina (cream of wheat), oatmeal, Greek or regular yogurt, sugarfree pudding, mashed potatoes or buttersquash, cottage cheese w fruit, etc.

By my third week I was told to eat soft solid foods like: chicken, cooked carrots, potatoes, tuna fish, egg salad or scramble eggs, turkey ham, turkey bacon, ground turkey, turkey hotdog (no bun) turkey sausage links, string cheese, chili, shrimp, tilapia, wheat crackers, Bimbo wheat toast, wheat waffles (toasted) light Syrup, etc.

Remember you have to have 70g of Protein per day so with every meal try to get at least 15g. Pick foods high in protein and low in fat. My favorite Protein Shake is called Muscle Milk Light is a sugar free, lactose free, 100 calories, 3g crabs, 8.25 floz protein shake. Easy to carry, no refrigeration required, it comes in a 4 pk only $5.38 @walmart three different flavors vanilla, chocolate and coffee late. I always have one in my purse :)

Also when you get to a point you can eat beef, I would suggest sticking to the better cuts of meat. I have found that if I do eat steak I have to keep it to a filet mignon or Rib Eye. I even had issues pre band with NY, T bones etc.. I rarely eat ground beef, but we use Orgainic ground Bison instead which is a good way to make a burger or chili etc.

I really appreciate the information. I'm going to Wal-Mart to get the Muscle Milk Light tomorrow. I have very little energy and its because I'm not eating much a not getting the Protein that my body needs. I needed this information I don't feel like I got the information I needed before I got the surgery. Thanks everyone.