Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Less Restriction Since The Last Fill?

I was at a good spot with the fill I had before I had a little more added (.25cc). I just felt that I wanted to be just a touch tighter. Now since this fill (2 weeks ago) I am hungry every couple of hours and not losing at all. I thought getting that extra .25 cc would make a difference for the better, but seems that I dont feel as much restriction. Does that make ANY sense? Anyone else have that happen?

Kinda makes you wonder if that last fill even made it into your port. Or if the needle hit your tubing and you've got a leak now. My fills have almost always made a difference by the time 2 weeks has gone past. If it were me, I'd call your surgeon and ask to have the Fluid level in your band checked (they stick the needle in as if doing a fill, but withdraw the fluid and measure it).

I got my surgery on 4-9 and my first fill on 5-11 and I really don't feel much difference either. I have to say that I have had very few discomforts and have had 24 pounds since my surgery shed off but I was expecting the fill to make me feel different. I am not very hungry but I think it's more a mental thing. It may be possible that your band stretched and requires you to have more of a fill then you did in the past?

Bands don't stretch, they either spring leaks, or slip.

Bands don't stretch, they either spring leaks, or slip.

To clarify:

No, the band doesn't stretch, but as you lose weight, the fat surrounding your internal organs, including your stomach, shrinks, so the band feels looser, as if it had stretched, and you need more fill. But usually as you get more fills, it takes smaller and smaller fills (not bigger ones) to "fine tune" the fit of your band. My fill history went something like this: +1 cc, +1 cc, + .5 cc, + .3 cc, + .2 cc, + .15 cc.

That is true as the fat goes the band needs tightening its actually a good thing! It will take a few tune ups until the fat on the inside goes down enough it doesn't impact your restriction