Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PS doctors in DFW willing to wrk with ins

Anyone have info on a doctor in Dallas area that does good work & knows how to handle paper work for insurance company to get them to pay as much as possible? It's a bit soon for me but I like to research as much as I can before the time comes. Haven't had any babies so can't use that excuse.:)

My doctor was Dr. Frank Veninga.Thanks to this staff and their thorough paperwork and questions, I was approved on my first attempt. I

can't say enough good things about them.

North Texas Bariatric & General Surgery

4333 N. Josey Lane

Plaza II - Suite 207

Carrollton, Texas 75010

PH 972.939.8218

FX 972.395.1789

website

http://www.bariatricsurgerydallas.com/index.html

Yes, I had no problem getting banded. Just wanting info on plastic surgery now. Sorry, I should have made that more clear. Thanks.

Hi,

I am in the DFW area and I researched this subject extensively. My PS was Dr. Lavine in Fort Worth. Their office filed the insurance (Humana Choicecare) through Motorola. I was turned down initially and then appealed and won. I had a full TT and a medial thighplasty. My hospital was covered for 4 days, anesthesia, etc.. but I still had to cough up a total of about $5,500 out of pocket. My annual deductable is a max of $2,000 and my surgeon wanted the difference between a panniculectomy and a full Tummy Tuck . INsurance hardly pays anything to the plastic surgeon. Negotiated rates are quite low for these procedures. I didnt beleive my doc at first until I saw that he only received 964.00 negotiated rate for a panniculectomy and 1,100 for a medial thighplasty. The two procedures together if you were to self pay would be more than 8K just for the surgeon excluding all other costs even if you were outpatient. Quite frankly, I cant see how anyone would be able to go home the same day after these two procedures combined, although some go home the next day with a tummy tuck only. Please feel free to email me privately for a list of surgeons that I contacted. I saw a total of three before I made my decision and these were in network folks that I researched on other boards like obesityhelp.com where they have a list of plastic surgeons who have experience with weight loss patients. I wanted someone who had done lapband patients because of port location etc... I am happy with the results of my surgery, but it was very painful, long recovery etc, so think about this carefully!!!

Babs in TX

334/180ish

-150 ish