Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sugery Tomorrow And They Just Changed Time.. Ugg

Getting ready for an early 9am surgery. So happy to get it done early but they just called and changed to 2:30. Not suppose to drink after midnight so called office and said is that right not even Water as would think dehydrated . After long discussion the office said well Water is ok. Just wondering if others had nothing with later surgeries.?

Cyndi

I too had a late surgery, 1:30, and could drink nothing! But everything was fine. I was super thirsty and that first drink after surgery was heaven! You'll make it and won't remember the thirst, much. Lol

Ugh, how annoying.

I've had four surgeries now in the last 15 months - oh and two colonoscopies - and each and every single fricking time I've been scheduled for afternoon surgery AND when I get there, I still have ended up waiting four hours or so. It really gets my goat. Its hard enough to fast and go without Water - but its the going without coffee that REALLY gets to me. And the anxiety and boredom of waiting.

The first time, I was having a huge bowel resection for rectal cancer and I knew I would be getting an ileostomy too so I was going to wake up after eight hours of surgery in mucho pain with a stoma and a bag, but it was going to be life saving. I cannot tell you how anxious I was, I was out of my mind, and I had to wait until about 4pm to go into surgery and they didnt even think to order me a pre med to relax me a bit. I was pretty delerious as I'd also done a bowel prep the day before so I was dehydrated to the point of dessication.

that's happened to me with colonoscopies too - not only dont you drink and eat but you do the prep so you can actually be very sick by the time they take you in. And try downing the cup of coffee and sandwich you get afterwards with a lapband when you're that dehydrated, ugh.

actually, come to think of it, I was first on the list for my band surger and in and out by 9 am, THAT was a good experience!

Sorry, this isnt about me, lol. You cant do a thing about it, if possible try to sleep in and waste away as much of the morning as you can. We went for a gentle walk the morning before my very big surgery, went and did some errands at the shops, visited, anything to fill in the time. And I hope when you actually get there, you dont have a long wait.

Even get a massage or something luxurious to relax you and take your mind off (if you're anything like me) being ready to KILL for a cup of coffee?

And after all is said and done, your time WILL come. The bright side of it is that you will come out of the anaesthetic later in the day and sleep it off overnight. It was pretty ordinary having such an early surgery, sleeping off the anaesthetic during the day and then climbing the walls at night - couldnt get comfy, sick of being on my back, hospital noises and disturbances, nothing on the television etc. At least you will wake up the next morning a lot more normal.

Thanks for the support .. Keep saying I know I can do it, I know I can do it!

Such coincidences... I know some of what you went through as my husband had rectal cancer 2 years ago too and went through all the same.. Now that is a big surgery and this is nothing compared to that. You are a strong person!

You got me thinking and will see if I can get a massage now that I have the time... Need one badly especially in the stiff neck area. Checking it out now!

Cyndi

My surgery was at 9:30 tomorrow but they changed it to 7:00 am . Good luck I'm sure it will all go well.

My surgery was for 10:30 but they said I could have apple juice in the morning. My surgery did not end up happening until like 3:00. There was an issue in the surgery before mine.

My surgery was at 9:30 tomorrow but they changed it to 7:00 am . Good luck I'm sure it will all go well.

Best of luck. Let me know how goes. Sure all will go smoothly

I have my surgery in the morning as well 4/20/12! YAY! Good luck to us!

I hope your hubby is doing well Cyndi, its a challenging journey and takes a bit to put behind you ( so to speak, lol ) and get on with life again

I hope your hubby is doing well Cyndi' date=' its a challenging journey and takes a bit to put behind you ( so to speak, lol ) and get on with life again[/quote']

Thanks. You know he handled it amazingly. I'm the detail researcher and made sure we found the best Dr we coul but he recovered so well and improved his tennis game even playing the two months with the bag and went to nationals. I have no idea how he did that (chem/rad jan-feb, surgery march, reversal may, and national finals oct). I think he missed 5 or 6 days of work with both surgeries (he can't sit still). I would have been out for months I'm sure! So he's been cancer free for 18 months now. I'm sure you have an amazing story too. My turn now to get healthy after the struggle for 8 years after kids. Before I struggled but worked so hard starving and exercising like a mad woman to keep my weight reasonable ( still usually 20-30 lbs overweight). Waiting but getting quick massage before hospital. Feeling tired and hungry but will make it!

I have my surgery in the morning as well 4/20/12! YAY! Good luck to us!

Good luck! You will do great. Let me know how goes. I'll let you know

My surgery was for 10:30 but they said I could have apple juice in the morning. My surgery did not end up happening until like 3:00. There was an issue in the surgery before mine.

Yea little worried its last surgery so that might mean even later if all doesn't go perfect during day with others.