Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 5 yrs and when I first got the band I would get stuck a lot. When I was banded I ended up with or i already had an ulcer that started. I would vomit and dry heave for about 10-15min about 4-5 times a day for about a week before going into the ER . this happened about 2 weeks after surgery

well my band is fine but it was not a fun time but I did loose the most wgt while in the hospital with a feeding tube down my nose. (about 30 ilbs)

I use to love to eat the big Bismarck doughnuts Well one time I was frustrated and wanted to try to eat one. Well it got stuck and the pain was horrible.

You will learn what I can eat and what hurts and if u didnt chew the food enough or if u ate too fast Till this day when I walk past the bakery section at the grocery store I get pains just looking at the doughnuts

Just because u may have eaten 1 or 2 bites of the bad stuff doesn't mean u failed. Just stop and put it down and walk away

Rocky900.... yep.. i hear you. i had some more soft jubes today... a strong craving for sugar. thats it. no more for me. moving on now. im not normally a sugar person. My body is really trying it on at the moment... and my mind needs a good kick as well. lol.

i can imagine the hunger pains walking past like that and the wonderful aromas. im like that with meat thats baking. Especially chicken.. dear oh dear. lol. my saliva buds are working over time even now and ive just had lunch. lol.

The mental/head hunger is the worst. especially on the liquid diet Your head wants something to chew and crunch. I would just get up and go for a walk

I still sometimes find myself getting up during a commercial and going to the kitchen , I am not hungry but my mind wants me to chew on something

I catch myself and walk and have to walk away

The other hard part was not drinking when u eat I grew up always having a glass/ can of something

The mental/head hunger is the worst. especially on the liquid diet Your head wants something to chew and crunch. I would just get up and go for a walk

I still sometimes find myself getting up during a commercial and going to the kitchen , I am not hungry but my mind wants me to chew on something

I catch myself and walk and have to walk away

The other hard part was not drinking when u eat I grew up always having a glass/ can of something

yep Rocky. i can identify with that was well. one of thing so satisfying about the jubes was that i could chew. lol. that and the intense flavour. i miss having cans of fresh coke and other cordials, i do have them now but wait until they are pretty flat. its not the same as sculling down an ice cold drink though. lol.

I am 7 days out. I am having a hard time emotionally too. Last night I ate a small piece of fried chicken. I was full all night. I am tired of the liquids! Tired of baby food! They did not explain this mental part before surgery!!!

just saw this post.. hang in there. i hope you are feeling better than you were. youve just had a big surgery and it does affect the emotions as well. It will get better... i can assure you of that. nearly everyone here has had bad days and emotional ups and downs... it seems to be 'par for the course'. not that its nice though, because it isnt. Just think about the day you are in... try not to think ahead, the enormity of it will get to you. Your body will heal and adjust and each day that comes along you will be able to handle well. sending a hug now. (( hugs ))

It is sooo hard not to fall back and it's funny to me how easy it is to do something mindlessly because you have done it so many times before. I made the kids some homemade sugar free Cookies and after I was done putting the last one on the baking sheet...I licked the spoon!!! I didn't click until I put the trays in the oven then I felt bummed that I did it. This battle is more than physical...we have to battle our emotional and subconscious behaviors as well....you're not alone and through this forum we can work on this together. Good Luck!

@judych hang in there. I'm looking at it kinda from this point of view. I have abused myself for years to the point I felt horrible. But it took me years to get as big as I did. It's going to take me awhile to learn better habits and how to eat right. And i inagine it will take me years to get to a healthy weight. Hang in there. It can only get better.

Catfish.. you are so right... and i must remember this for myself. Its taken 25 years for my weight to creep up as well, so it wasnt overnight. Its going to take me a while to learn all over again as well. i just hope i learn quickly. lol.

I am 3 weeks out and on mushy food. I was just eating some banana and swallowed mindlessly. Now I think it is stuck. It hurts through my upper abdomen/mid chest and around to my back, Tried walking around but it hasn't helped. Is this what "stuck" feels like? A little extra saliva, but no vomiting so far.

I am 3 weeks out and on mushy food. I was just eating some banana and swallowed mindlessly. Now I think it is stuck. It hurts through my upper abdomen/mid chest and around to my back' date=' Tried walking around but it hasn't helped. Is this what "stuck" feels like? A little extra saliva, but no vomiting so far.[/quote']

I have no idea but would hot liquids help? Im newly banded but that is something I'd try.

I don't remember what time period after surgery I was first stuck, but I know it was close to the end of my stages. And it freaked me out; the pain was immense and I really thought I was going to die. But I didn't. And most likely you won't either! Just go back to doing what you're supposed to do. Eating bites off your kids' plate is part of how you got this way in the first place; it's a habit you should stop now!

I have no idea but would hot liquids help? Im newly banded but that is something I'd try.

i had that experience.. nothing worked for me, just taking it easy and waiting for the sensation to go away. i had extra saliva as well.. its not nice. i also have a lot of pain in my back as well as my pouch.

I can't eat banana. Get stuck every time

When I get stuck. I have to bring it back out to get relief.

Some people say taking deep breaths help.