Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anybody pass on getting 1st fill??

Hi,

I am one month banded and have lost 22 lbs. My physical therapist said that if I can continue to lose and monitor my food intake, then I would be better off to not get a first fill (due in 3 weeks). He said as long as I was losing then it would be to my advantage to not be so restricted if I was still doing good. Has anyone done so well that you didn't get your first fill and prolonged it just by following good diet, exercise??? Boy it seems like that would be nice....:eek:

Yes, I have not had a fill yet. My Dr. said if I am still losing I do not need a fill. I am 5months out I have lost 48 lbs and I am happy. My good friend has lost 82 lbs in 9 months without a fill. If I stop losing or gaining I will get a fill but, if I lose 1 pound a week l will stay as I am. Hope you have all the success in the world.

Kathy:clap2:

Me too. I skipped the first fill. Mostly because I was really scared to do it. I lost 38 lbs. in the first 6 weeks and my surgeon said I did not need it. I was doing fine without it. I, of course, eventually started getting fills and now live happily at my sweet spot.

By all means, wait until you need to before you start getting your fills. But just keep in mind that if you have the VG band it can take several fills to reach your "sweet spot" or really good restriction.

Keep up the good work!:clap2:

There is no rule that says you have to get your first fill at 6 weeks post op..the 6 weeks post op is only there because that is as soon as most doctors will give you a first fill. If you are losing on a steady basis 1-3 lbs a week, there is no need to get a fill at 6 weeks post op. I did not have my first fill until almostthe 10th week post op.

No need to rush it..this is a journey..the longer you can go without a fil lthe better longevity of your band is how I see it. Don't mess with success, like the saying goes..if it aint broken, don't fix it. Get your first fill after you have seen a plateau for a couple of weeks with no weight loss andwhen you see yourself being able to eat more.

Here is a good site for fills

http://lapbandtransformation.com/Adjustments.htm

Good Luck and congrats on the 22 lbs..you are off to a great start :eek:

No fill for me. I was banded December 12, 2005. My weight loss has been slow but that is probably because I was drinking Starbuck's coffee. Then after the Starbucks I think I dropped my caloric intake too low for my body.

I don't plan to get one becasue of a number reasons:

1. Money

2. Scared of complications and then have to return to the doctor and pay more money.

3. Scared of too much restriction and then have to remove my band.

4. Scared of too much restriciton and then have erostion

5. Heck, just plain ol'e scared!

6. Self pay - so if there are any complications there isn't any money lef.

i would get the fill when the weight loss stopped.. i did get mine after 6 weeks cause, i felt i could still eat way too much.

hope it helps.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches