Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Committment Thread to lose weight

Here is my committment to myself. Anyone wanna join me?

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans.< /span>

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week.

I will lose at least 1 lb a week.

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day.

I cannot continue to eat unhealthy and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to not exercise and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to buy pills, buy exercise equip, etc then not use them and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to feel sorry for myself because I do not have the band anymore.

There is that good enough for you? I am talking to my excess weight demon. Yeah you - you good for nothing bad seed.

To quote the almighty, "Get thee behind me, (excess weight demon)!"

I will! *stands by Penni and stares down the demons*

I will walk a minimum of 1/2 mile on my dreadmill every day.

I will drink 64 oz. of Water every day.

I will take on one achievable project in my house per day.

I will NOT sit on my arse all day doing nothing but fighting head hunger out of pure boredom!

I will NOT eat while doing distracting things, which causes me to eat too quickly and not chew well.

I will K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid)

Just for today. I will drink my water

I am having a tough time moving the scales the last couple of months...its been up and down with the same 5 lbs. I am doing alot of things wrong and I acknowledge that, so for the time being :

I WILL NOT EAT AFTER 7.30PM.

That is my downfall so that is where I will start.

Penni -

I copied this post to msword to print out for my fridge!! You spoke the words for the feelings I have been having!!

Thank you thank you thank you!!

I am in, and I will try to check in daily!!!

~cheri

So far today:

I will walk a minimum of 1/2 mile on my dreadmill every day. (Done)

I will drink 64 oz. of Water every day. (Done)

I will take on one achievable project in my house per day. (Eh.. )

I will NOT sit on my arse all day doing nothing but fighting head hunger out of pure boredom! (Did much better today. It helps that Dawg was home with me)

I will NOT eat while doing distracting things, which causes me to eat too quickly and not chew well. (Err.. blew it already! hehe Old habits... yadda yadda)

Today's plan accomplishment:

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (so far so good)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (yup 20 min in)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (will have to wait till a week from Monday to find out)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (easy peasy - got in 48 so far)

Positive reinforcement mantras:

I cannot continue to buy pills, buy exercise equip, etc then not use them and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to feel sorry for myself because I do not have the band anymore.

You are welcome Cheri. I have just been too bad and naughty with my eating habits and I needed to make a change.

By the way, this is NOT a challenge there are enough of those floating around this board. LOL!!

This is NOT a structured thread where you HAVE to check in everyday.

This is a POSITIVE reinforcement confirmation had enough with the unhealthy eating habits thread.

I know I didn't put in the commas where they should be. SO sue me! LOL!!

I am just putting it in writing what I am committed to do and to not do anymore to help me lose (LOOSE??) the weight. LOLOL!!

Commit or don't commit. It is your choice. You won't be looked down on for not committing.

I have lived "fat" for 35 years. I am tired of it.

I thought the band was gonna be my saviour. I was wrong.

I thought I could just eat properly and cheat once in a while and still lose weight. I was SOOOOOOO wrong on that thought.

I thought I could still eat the unhealthy foods with the band and still lose weight. Again I was SOOOOOOO wrong.

The biggie thought. I expected the band to do alot of the work. Man, was I delusional on that thought. LOL!!!

So, now I don't have the band and I have to do the work now or I will be back at 300 lbs. That is unacceptible to me.

Yes, I will have set backs and gain weight again. Hopefully it will be around 2 - 5 lbs of gain which can come off quickly. I can accept that but simply cannot and will not accept to gain back over 10 lbs when I slip.

Glad to see some have committed to a healthier lifestyle. It isn't about losing pounds in reality but being as healthy as I (we) can be by not following in our old habits. Yes Old habits die hard but they can and do DIE. Keep you eye on the prize people.

OK OK That is enough cliches for one post. LOL!!

:hungry: Now where is that cake!! Oops did I say that outloud!!

Penni, I'm jumping on board with you...god knows I need to..thanks this is just what I needed to read and follow. Together , bandless we can do this! :scared:

Tomorrow is a new day...Day 1 for me

Penni, I love reading your posts! I sooo relate to all you're saying, and while I do still have my band, I refuse to completely rely on it. I might lose it someday and I don't want to be left with no hope! I got this band with the complete understanding that it is a tool that I have to use properly in order for it to work. This means I have to fight those old habits, and oh yes, they WILL DIE! *maniacal laughter*

I find that what I put in my mouth isn't the only bad habit I need to break to achieve a healthy lifestyle. By nature, I am a lazy person. Procrastination is my middle name. There are so many things I want to do with my life and I have so much free time now in which to do them! And yet I sit here in a bored slump. I truly believe that my sloth-like nature contributes to my obesity. I eat from boredom. This is why I added my commitment to take on one achievable goal in the house. Clean out a small closet, vacuum, anything to get me up and out of this chair that I have lived in for the past 4 years. Gah!! Spring is coming and I want to be out enjoying it! Not sitting here absorbed by thoughts of the band, my diet, weightloss, etc. I did this so I could start living. Any prayers from you all for me in this area would be greatly appreciated!

Today was ok.. Tomorrow I'm really getting serious. No.. really. :)

I will walk a minimum of 1/2 mile on my dreadmill every day. (Done)

I will drink 64 oz. of Water every day. (Done)

I will take on one achievable project in my house per day. (Tomorrow, I'll start on my desk! *chuckles*)

I will NOT sit on my arse all day doing nothing but fighting head hunger out of pure boredom! (Lazy day... blech.)

I will NOT eat while doing distracting things, which causes me to eat too quickly and not chew well. (Dang. Does anyone else find this one hard to do?)

I commit to drinking at least 60oz's of Water a day.

Im doing baby steps here. I need to get back to my basics - and this is the first place to start... Water intake.

Today's plan accomplishment:

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (so far so good)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (kinda dropped the ball today on this committment).

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (will have to wait till Friday to find out)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (easy peasy - got it in)

Positive reinforcement mantras:

THis is the hardest thing I have ever done thus far in my life. I gave birth to 4 children with ZERO pain meds and to be honest I would give birth to 10 children the same way just to avoid facing the "head demons". LOL!!!

food is constantly on my mind these days. BULLSHIT!! It has never left my mind who am I kidding? :hungry:

I have to find my willpower again. I had it in high school. I went through about 5 months where I lost weight like crazy. I would get physically nauseous when I would smell chocolate. :omg: Yes, I know that is shocking but true. I also would come home from school and ride my ten speed bike 10 miles every day. I had killer calf and thigh muscles. Again I know this is shocking to even believe. But true. I weighed a mere 135 lbs in high school. I was very sexy.

I want that back. I don't feel sexy at the weight I am right now. I kept a pair of jeans from high school. They are a size 10. I gave them to my daughter about two years ago. I think she still has them. I think I am going to ask for them back and hang them up for me to see everyday.

I also think it is time for me to use my Bally Fitness membership. I have a "dreadmill" (Love that word), recumbent bike, ab lounger, weight bench, weights, several DVD's, etc but never use them. So what good are they doing? It's time to really get serious or accept my current situation. I can't continue to be in limbo.

THanks for reading this.