Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Committment Thread to lose weight

LOL Nope I take HUGE bites and never chew till it is liquid anymore. That is one of my problems. I need to do that more. I had a weird incident last night. I had just eaten my 6 inch sub and a small bag of fritos (yes I know it was bad) and I hiccuped. I brought some of the food back up. Almost like a PB but without the pain. I was shocked. That told me that I ate way too much but I was still in the head hunger. I was looking around for something else to eat after I ate the sandwich and fritos.

So, in the past I have kept an emotion/food journal. I think I will start another one. This works by writing down your emotion prior to putting something in your mouth. Then write down your emotion after you eat. Compare the two and see if you can connect them in someway to how you are actually feeling about the food. I did alot of self analysis that way and had conquered some of my head demons. Amazing I had forgotten about it till now. The pseudo-PB episode reminded me of that rather fast. LOL!!

Today's plan accomplishment:

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans.< /span> (OK, back to the plan well for Breakfast and lunch anyway, Just can't seem to get supper on plan. :help: Still working on that and will till I reach this goal.)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (nope none today)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (Won't know till I weigh agian. Keep me in your prayers.)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (Getting in the water is starting to get more easy. SIGH!!)

Positive reinforcement mantras:

I will continue to eat healthy and hope to lose weight.

I will continue to exercise and hope to lose weight.

I will continue to be proud of myself with all the accomplishments to date.

Go Penni! I like the emotional food diary idea. I sorta do it with Fitday, though I tend to fudge & say it's meal time instead of depression, lol.

I'm praying for your scale, lol. :D Amazing that you can still PB! Glad it's painless at least! :D I'm sure I'd be a non-chewer again if given half a chance, I'm still REALLY angry about it, lol. I do believe I'm a masochist, paying for this anger!

Oops! I'm late today! Hope your day's going well, Penni! Last day before the trip! You got emergency food planned? :mad: I'm sure your daughter will feed you well (too well, lol).

12-APR-2006

Vitamins — check

Water — check (barely, lol) :Banane04:

Protein — check!

Exercise — no check (NOT per plan.)

Food journal — check!

Good choices — NO CHECK!!! (AUGH!! Nachos will be the death of me!)

Calorie difference 1000+ — *sigh* (-300. Uh oh. Today I gained. :mad:)

Daily affirmations 3 times — semi-check (2 of 3)

Hey there: I am scrambling to get everything done before my flight in the morning. So much to do and so little time. I most likely won't check in till late tomorrow if then. At least I got upgraded to a First Class seat so I can fly in comfort.

I got in my Zetacaps yesterday and tried them for supper last night. THEY WORKED FOR ME. I only ate half my supper. It was almost like I was banded. I got the full feeling without the pain like with a PB. HOORAY!! I tried them for lunch today and again that same full feeling. HOORAY!!!

Supper is my biggie. So I might just limit them to that meal. I will keep you posted. Travel day tomorrow and then drive the next day to East TN which will be a 5 hour drive. SIGH!! I need to go get me an Audio book.

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans.< /span> (OK, back to the plan well for breakfast and lunch anyway, Just can't seem to get supper on plan. :help: Still working on that and will till I reach this goal. )

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (nope none today)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (Won't know till I weigh agian. Keep me in your prayers.)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (Getting in the water is starting to get more easy. SIGH!!)

Everyone in the boot camp thread wants to know about the zetacaps. :) I'm gonna go read up on them....

In the meantime, have a great trip! Check in when you can! And enjoy first class! :uwelcome: (And the grandkids, of course, lol.)

I just posted about the Zetacaps on that thread.

That Zetacaps thing sounds wicked cool! I really, really, really hope it works for you! I guess the trick is to make yourself take it, huh.

**sigh** so much of this is all mental, at least for me! I mean, I struggle with my anger daily... I paid to not be as hungry, and then I'm angry that I can't eat as much as I want? What's up with that!

Anyway, this accountability thing worked last night!! I made myself get up & go get our Vitamins, lol. I was going over my check list & realized I hadn't taken them. Oops! Better at midnight then never! :uwelcome:

14-APR-2006

Vitamins — check (Yaaay!!!)

Water — check -- gotta watch it, it's dropping lower again

Protein — check

Exercise — omg check! (27 min of DDR!!! Plus 2 hours of standing choir practice.)

food journal — check

Good choices — NO CHECK!!! (Today's bad choice, lol, Wendy's SW Taco salad. But it's a salad, so it must be good, right?)

Calorie difference 1000+ — *sigh* (753... at least it's in the right direction!)

Daily affirmations 3 times — CHECK!!! (First time ever, I think, lol.)

Hey everyone. My commitment has been a bit weak lately! *laughs*

I haven't been walking or exercising, and my Water intake sucks! But inspite of that I have now lost 61 pounds, 4 pounds a week for the last two weeks. Does that rock, or what?!

I've seen people say that when you hit a plateau you should change things. I didn't hit a plateau, but my loss sure had slowed down. Maybe slacking off for a couple of weeks was just the change I needed! LOL

Seriously though. Tomorrow, I'm back on track with this thread - 1/2 mile every day on the treadmill, 6 bottles of water (16.9oz), and taking my Vitamins every day - not just when I remember! :eek:

Hope youre having a wonderful trip Penni!

HI EVERYONE! IT'S BEEN A LITTLE OVER 2 MONTHS SINCE I HAVE BEEN TO THE BOARDS. LIFE HAS BEEN A BIT COMPLICATING Healthwise IN MY FAMILY. MY MOM WAS IN THE HOSPITAL WITH PNEUMONIA BUT THANK GOD SHE IS HOME AND RECOVERING. MY HUBBY GOT SICK WITH BRONCHITIS AND PASSED OUT ON ME WHILE COUGHING WHICH I HAD TO BRING HIM TO THE ER TO GET CHECKED OUT. THANK GOD HE IS FINE TOO! THEN I HAVE BEEN HAVING SOME HEALTH CONCERNS FOR THE LAST 2 MONTHS. BUT HOPEFULLY, THIS TOO SHALL PASS. I HAVE BEEN STAYING THE SAME FOR THE MOST PART THESE PAST 2 MONTHS AND I KNOW IT IS BECAUSE I WAS PICKING INSTEAD OF EATING MY MEAL. PICKING ALWAYS GOT ME INTO TROUBLE. THANK GOODNESS THAT IT HAS ONLY BEEN A FEW POUNDS UP AND DOWN BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT I WANT. SO I MADE A COMMITTMENT TO MYSELF ON FRIDAY WHICH WAS MY BIRTHDAY THAT NEXT YEAR THIS TIME. I WILL BE 50LBS DOWN. THE WAY I WILL DO THIS IS FOR ME NOT TO PICK. IF I AM TO EAT, I WILL SIT DOWN AND EAT IT AS MY MEAL. I WILL EAT MY 3 MEALS PER DAY AND ALLOW MYSELF ONE snack OR TWO DEPENDING IF I EXERCISED THAT DAY. I ALSO WILL INCREASE MY EXERCISE TO 4 DAYS PER WEEK FROM MY 2 TO 3 TIMES PER WEEK. MY ULTIMATE GOAL IS TO DO IT 5 TO 6 DAYS OUT OF THE WEEK. BUT FOR NOW I WILL TRY TO BE CONSISTANT AND DO IT 4 TIMES PER WEEK. I HAVE TO REMIND MYSELF NOT TO BE TOO HARD ON MYSELF IF I SLIP. IF I SLIP I WILL JUST START OVER IMMEDIATELY. NOT WAIT TIL THE NEXT DAY! I AM HAPPY WITH MY PROGRESS BUT I DO SEE THE POTENTIAL FOR NOT DOING WELL IF I WAS TO CONTINUE TO PICK. DOES ANYONE HAVE THAT PROBLEM? WHAT DO YOU DO TO STOP IT? I THINK SEEING YOUR COMMITTMENT DOWN IN WRITING MAKES SENSE BECAUSE THEN YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS. I MUST ALWAYS REMEMBER TO TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME. LIVE LIFE EACH DAY TO THE FULLEST! I HAVE HAD A WONDERFUL WEEKEND CELEBRATING MY BIRTHDAY. I WAS VERY GOOD FOODWISE AND YES, I DID HAVE A SMALL PIECE OF MY ICE CREAM CAKE HOWEVER, I REALLY DID NOT FEEL LIKE EATING MORE. I WAS SATISFIED WITH THE FEW SPOONFULS I HAD. I ALSO LOVED THE FEELING OF WEARING NEW CLOTHES FOR MY BIRTHDAY WHICH WERE ALOT SMALLER THIS BIRTHDAY THAN LAST BIRTHDAY. I GOT BANDED ON DEC. 21, 2006 AND SINCE THEN I HAVE LOST 45LBS. PLUS, I LOST ALOT OF INCHES BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN GOING TO A BARIATRIC REHAB EXERCISE PROGRAM TWICE A WEEK. THIS HAS REALLY ENCOURAGED ME WITH EXERCISING BECAUSE BEFORE THIS I WAS NOT PHYSICALLY ABLE TO REALLY DO IT AND ALSO AFRAID I WOULD HURT MYSELF SINCE I HAVE SOME PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS. BUT THE TRAINER THERE SAID TO ME THIS ONE PHRASE..."PACE YOURSELF"!! ...THAT ONE PHRASE HAS WORKED FOR ME AND I ALWAYS CHALLENGE MYSELF EACH TIME I AM EXERCISING TO INCREASE THE MINUTES EACH TIME OR DO MORE REPS ON THE WEIGHT TRAINING. MAKES ME FEEL GOOD I CAN DO IT. COMMITTMENT TO YOURSELF IS AN IMPORTANT CONCEPT NOT ONLY FOR YOUR WEIGHT LOSS BUT IT WILL ALSO INCREASE YOUR SELF ESTEEM. WHEN YOUR SELF ESTEEM GETS BETTER YOU ARE MORE CONSCIOUS AND CAREFUL ABOUT THE CHOICES YOU MAKE TO MAKE A HEALTHIER YOU! I COMMIT TO BEING MORE CAREFUL ABOUT THE CHOICES I MAKE AND CONTINUE THIS EXCITING JOURNEY THAT I CHOSE TO TAKE TO HELP ME LOSE THE WEIGHT I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO DO MY ENTIRE LIFE. I TURNED 48 ON FRIDAY AND I AM HAPPY THAT THIS BIRTHDAY I AM A HEALTHIER AND HAPPIER PERSON. I FEEL THE LAP BAND SURGERY HAS TURNED MY LIFE AROUND. I JUST HAVE TO CONTINUE TO REMEMBER WHY I DID THIS AND BY REMINDING MYSELF WILL ONLY HELP MAKE MY WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY A SUCCESSFUL ONE! I WISH YOU ALL SUCCESS WITH STICKING TO YOUR COMMITTMENT. I KNOW WE WILL DO IT! ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Hi Jan! That sounds like you're making an awesome commitment to yourself! You can do it!

And congrats on your 45 pounds since Dec, that's awesome!! And all your exercising, that's awesome! And should help you not plateau as badly as some of us. :party:

Sorry to hear about your husband & mom, hope they're both doing better!!

I've been REALLY falling down on my commitment to myself. Thank goodness the band really doesn't let me cheat full out! Here's to getting back on the bandwagon! :rolleyes:

If it's to be, it's up to me!

The me I see is the me I'll be!

Today I will make a difference!

Today I will create the me of tomorrow!

Today I will conquer my addictions, 1 bite at a time!

Today I will move my body & burn those calories!

Today I will work my plan & change my tomorrow!

Oh, and welcome home, Penni (sometime today)! Glad you're back! :)

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans.< /span> (I am just waiting for my shipment of foods. In the meantime I am committing to eating healthier and making better food choices.)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (Danced at a wedding does that count?)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (Not even gonna stress over this one for a long long time. Just gonna walk the walk for now and whatever I get is gravy.)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (Getting in the water is easy.)

This has been a long hard struggle being without the band. I have fought back and lost ground so many times I can't even begin to tell you. I recently read a GREAT and highly recommended book by Rhonda Britten called, "Do I look Fat In This?" WOW!! Eye opener can we say. First of all I love Rhonda. She is one of the life coaches on Starting Over. She is just a doll and so sincere. And let me just add what a life she has had. What obstacles she has had to overcome. She is my hero. She watched her father shoot and kill her mother then he turned the gun on himself. She was only 15 when this happened. She is one strong lady let me tell you. Anyway, this book enlightens us to our attributes and how we should be thankful for what we have and not wish our lives away on what we don't. That is an over-simplification of the books message but you get the drift. Anyway, I loved it.

Here is my RE-COMMITTMENT to gaining self instead of losing pounds. If those lost pounds are an end result then HOORAY!! If I never lose another pound I will be happy in who I am.

I love all you guys. Can you feel the love?

Here are my current pics too by the way. Well old pre banding and current as of today.

Old pic I weighed 298

New pic I weigh 265

post-204009-13813133408201_thumb.jpg

Weight now: 269 :faint:

Diet: Strict adherance to Nutrisystem.

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans.< /span> (I am just waiting for my shipment of foods. In the meantime I am committing to eating healthier and making better food choices.)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (30 min (10 min at 2mph and 5 incline on treadmill; 10 min on the weight bench focusing on Triceps, biceps, and quads; 5 min on the Recumbent bike at full speed = heart rate up to 130; 5 min on Ab lounger)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (Not even gonna stress over this one for a long long time. Just gonna walk the walk for now and whatever I get is gravy.)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (Getting in the water is easy.)

Today's weight: 269 Lbs (notice I weighed this back in June too---maintenance is a cool thing---just need to get the scale moving in the right direction.)

OK Who is with me on reviving this thread? No rules, no checking in unless you want. No pressure at all. Just being true to yourself and following your own committments.

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans (1200 to 1500 Calories per day). (I am recommitting to this plan of action. I am committing to eating healthier and making better food choices. Will attempt to journal every morsel that goes into my empty cavern.)

So far not so good.

Lunch:

Barbeque Sandwich = gadzillion calories

Two 20 oz glasses of Ice Tea w/ Equal

20 oz of Water so far.

Resisted the urge to eat two chocolate chip Cookies. YEAH ME!!

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (Working on this today is not gonna happen. My exercise for today is to run up and down the stairs to my jewelry studio. Tomorrow is anutha day.)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of water a day. (Getting in the water is easy.)

Today's weight 221.5 *sighs* Ive seen 218 but I keep on drinking that stupid wine. I'm not sure if I've let myself get addicted or what but it's not good. Pray for me y'all.

Ok, time to rekindle the spark of commitment. Today is shot so I'll focus on tomorrow.

I will walk 1 mile on the treadmill.

I will drink 6 bottles of Water, even if I gag trying to get it all down.

I will journal my food intake, every day.

Right now, that feels like a huge step for me. Amazing how far I've slidden away from something that was a natural daily occurance for me. Ok Penni, here we go again girl. I figure as long as we keep starting again, that means we never quit, and if we never quit, that means eventually we WILL beat this thing.

Onward and foward!