Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Committment Thread to lose weight

My grandson is home safe and sound now. Just got a phone call letting me know. I miss him already. I have this week to get back on track with the meals then on the 14th I fly to TN to visit my other two grand daughters and then a Health Conference in GA. I won't be home till the 24th. SIGH!! I might lose 5 lbs by the end of the year at this rate. LOL!!!

Today's plan accomplishment:

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (OK, gotta get back to the plan starting tomorrow. Ate relatively good today. Not too many over the top calories so far.)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (Got up at 7a to take grandson to the airport and see him safely on the plane. Just got a phone call that he made it home just fine and is already planning his next trip out here. I miss him already. I LOVE being a Grandma too Susan. I just wished I lived closer.)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (I sure hope I see a lose come Monday. I have not been eating as much since I am sick and I have been drinking lots of Water.)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (Got in about 64oz so far. Can we say I live in the bathroom now. LOL!!)

Positive reinforcement mantras:

I will continue to eat healthy and hope to lose weight.

I will continue to exercise and hope to lose weight.

I will continue to be proud of myself with all the accomplishments to date.

Vegas: Welcome aboard. Come on in the Water is fine.

Cashley: Where did you go? Come back and play. I promise to be nice.

Susan: We can cry on each other's shoulders missing our grandkids. LOL!!

Brenda: You can do it. Keep those Vows and all is going to work out in the end.

Paula: Where did you go? HMMM??? Step away from the GS Cookies!!!

Who did I miss?

Penni I am so proud of you !!! keep up the good work and keep the determination in the foremost part of your mind and it will help

I was thinking that for every week that i dont lose at least a pound i will have to put a dollar in a jar and cant take the money out or use it until i have reached my final goal or i am filing bankruptcy...lol...jk ...which ever comes first

Tina: That is a great outlook. Thanks for the words of encouragement on this thread an the other thread too.

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (OK, back to the plan.)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (I didn't get up today till 11am. What is up with that? I am so tired. I think the crud I had is finally catching up with me and kicking me in the arse. I am coughing my head off and now I am sore all over. GEEZ!! When will it end?)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (I sure hope I see a lose come Monday. I have not been eating as much since I am sick and I have been drinking lots of Water.)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (Got in about 64oz so far. Can we say I live in the bathroom now. LOL!!)

Guess who's sleeping in a little bed in my room? *big happy smiles* Yup, we brought our grandson back over tonight so his mom and dad could get the moving cleanup completed.

I am so stinking sore from all the walking yesterday! Berks are NOT the thing to wear for speed walking when you have a 250+ lb body! *laughs*

I will do 30 minutes of cardio every day. (Too too sore to try.)

I will drink 6 - 16.9oz bottles of Water every day. (Way behind on Water today.)

I will write down every bite I put in my mouth - quantity, calories, Protein. (Yup, keeping up on this.)

I will take on one realistic self or home project per day. (Dawg and I took a drive to the mountains today. I took the camera along and started working on my photography homework for the week. We also did a large grocery shop and - did I mention that we have our grandson with us again? hehe)

Penni thanks for the encouragement. Welcome to all those who have recently joined us here. Photonut - you and I have interest in the sam hobby - photography. I love taking pictures and I scrapbook as well. Love my digital camera and hope to have a digital SLR one of these days....

I didn't do too bad over the weekend but my WW (weight watchers) plan was not easy to stick to. I did "okay" but not great or nothing. I have done good so far today in sticking back to the core plan on WW. I am trying to get more Water in than normal as my allergies are giving me a fit and I don't want anything to eat becuase of all the drainage... I know, I know, that is gross huh? This stinks because I was due to have a fill tomorrow but they won't do it now since I have so much drainage.

Goals for Today, Monday April 3rd

• I vow to exercise for at least 30 minutes aiming for an hour a day goal 2 miles walked per day. ()
  • I vow to follow the Weightwatchers Core plan. ()
  • I vow to drink 64 oz Water per day, aiming for 92 oz.:spit: ()
  • I will NOT beat myself up when I have not lost yet:boxing: :ohwell: :frusty:(still not good at this yet)
  • I vow to only eat core plan snack between meals.:hungry: ()
  • I vow to take my Vitamins daily. (done)

I will post later tonight on how I have done on my goals above...

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (OK, back to the plan.)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (OK woke up this morning with a Migraine. UGH!! I will be so glad when I can get back to a normal routine.)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (Nope no loss this week.)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (Getting in the Water is getting harder and harder. I am working on it.)

Umm.. I haven't done this since Saturday? Ugh.. I'm really falling down on my commitments!

Basically, I've been doing ok, just not perfect. Starting tomorrow... perfection baby! :scared:

Yeah guilty here as well. Just trying to focus all my energy on getting well. Did I say energy? What energy? I have NONE!! LOL!!

I will try to check in more often. That should be another committment. LOl!!!

I will try to check in more often. That should be another committment. LOl!!!

I will do my daily update on this thread - daily! (so far um.. blah) *laughs*

Where'd you go, Penni? I thought I'd come over here & poke you with a stick! :D Plus, I've been looking for a home for my checklist. It was inspired by you, lol, so you're getting stuck with it!

I don't weigh myself (no scale)... so I HAVE to work my plan to make a difference. I'm really trying to focus on things I CAN control & not stuff I can't (water weight, plateaus, etc).

10-APR-2006

Vitamins — check

Water — check (First time in 4 days!) ;)

Protein — check!

Exercise — no check (This is per plan.)

food journal — check!

Good choices — semi-check (Better then last week, but not where it needs to be.)

Calorie difference 1000+ — check! (1381, first time in a week!)

Daily affirmations 3 times — semi-check (2 of 3)

OK OK OK Janet I am here are you happy now. LOL!!!! Thanks I needed the poking with a stick. OUCH not so hard next time.

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (OK, back to the plan well for Breakfast and lunch anyway, Just can't seem to get supper on plan. :help: )

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (nope none today)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (Nope no loss this week.)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (Getting in the Water is getting harder and harder. I am working on it.)

Woot! Sorry, didn't mean to bruise! :)

Start with the Water... and the rest falls in line (works for me, anyway, lol). :) Probably cuz I don't have time to shove food in! :)

11-APR-2006

Vitamins — check

Water — super-duper check (100+ oz, really, really thirsty)

Protein — check (barely)

Exercise — check (moved our time up to 25 min!!)

food journal — check

Good choices — no check (better then last week, lol, but still need work here)

Calorie difference 1000+ — check (1217, thank goodness for exercise!)

Daily affirmations 3 times — no check (1 out of 3, lol. I say them when I post here.)

TODAY I will make a difference!

TODAY I will create the me of tomorrow!

TODAY I will conquer my addictions!

TODAY I will practice my new habits!

TODAY I will get all things checked!

I am in control of my diet & exericse.

I make good food choices daily.

I move my body daily.

I am patient with myself & my weight loss.

I follow my plan so that I can triumph!

I'm getting really, really tired of chewing. **sigh** Do you still chew like a bandster Penni? I have this theory that bandsters lose weight simply because there's not enough time in the day to chew enough calories! :D

Oh, I forgot my NSV, lol! One ENTIRE day with ZERO food incidents! No golf-ball, slime, or PB! First day in a LONG time! :D