Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Find out what song was #1 on your D.O.B.

1961 ... "Calcutta" by Lawrence Welk

Last year for my bday Mom and sis took me to Lawrence Welk Village Playhouse to see "Forever Plaid".

Who knew??? lol

"Singing the Blues" by Guy Mitchell - 1956

(I had to look up the words before I remembered the song)

I'm with Letha.. was this a sign?? *laughs*

This was mine 1963 ... "Sukiyaki" by Kyu Sakamoto

I never ever heard of it.. Does it have words?? Humm will have to search to find out..

"50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" by Paul Simon. I don't think I"ve ver heard that song... actually who's Paul Simon?!? Oh wait - is that Simon from ...& Garfunkel?

1960 ... "It's Now or Never" by Elvis Presley

OH my god!! I love that song. The sad thing is I have heard of alot of the songs listed here.

"50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" by Paul Simon. I don't think I"ve ver heard that song... actually who's Paul Simon?!? Oh wait - is that Simon from ...& Garfunkel?

OH my god now I feel really OLD. Yes that is the guy from Simon and Garfunkel.

Love this song.

1974 - "Time in a Bottle" by Jim Croce Cool! I love that song!

Wedding day 1992 - "I'm too Sexy" LOL!LOL!LOL!

My husband's B-day song 1966 - "Summer in the City"

Thanks! This was really neat!

1963--"It's My Party" by Lesley Gore

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want....:think :think :think :think :think

You'd cry too if it happened to you!!:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Maybe that's why I am such a BIG BABY????????:confused:

MY sons date come up wiht this song

1987 ... "Jacob's Ladder" by Huey Lewis & the News

and his name is JACOB

LOLOL I DID NOT know this at the time.. (I know a movie by that name?)

I thought I was being so original.

It took me 9 days to name him

I had NEVEr thought of jacob until the moment I thought of it and it was FINALLy perfect.

Then its like the number one name all these years..

MINE IS:

1971 ... "Knock Three Times" by Dawn

I USED to sing that ALL the time'

we had the 45 I think

OMG!!

The Best Me doesn't know "Mrs Brown.." (which I know all the words to) & Wheetsin doesn't know who Paul Simon is!!

:omg:

You guys just AGED ME about 20 years!!

I LOVE that my song is "Sincerely"! It is sooooo ME.

:rolleyes

Okay, my song on my date of birth 11/7/72 was "I Can See Clearly Now" by Johnny Nash........I can see clearly now the rain is gone...Its gonna be a bright~ bright~ sunshine day!! I always thought that song was really annoying. Now I sorta appreciate it.....My mom wasn't supose to have me. She lost a baby just before I was born, she was still born, and her doctors told my mom never ever ever get pregnt again. IF she did it could risk her life and my life. Well, she didn't listen and we both made it just fine. I was born on her birthday!!!!

My sons song on his DOB 12/19/97 was "Something About the Way You Look Tonight/Candle In the Wind" by Elton John......aaaaawweeeeeeee First off I LOVE Sir Elton Secondly I love that song! I will sing that to him from now on...everynight...before he goes to sleep....aaaaawwwweee

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches