Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction..????

I have always had a big appetite and my eyes even since banding still have difficulty some days in not putting too much on my plate, but i always stop now when i get the .. ive had enough feeling as i will often get stuck if i continued eating after i feel the enough hit me. I always stick with Protein and 2 green veg, whether it be broccoli and peas or other green veg or salad, i dont measure it i use a smal plate, eat the protein first then eat my veg till i stop. What i have done for the past year and continue to do so is i always have Soup before my main meal, Weight watchers Tomato Soup, yes it goes straight through the pouch but it gets into my stomach and stops me feeling the 'really hungry' feeling that makes me eat too fast, too bigger bites or eating too much . I think its about 70 calories a tin, its my only processed food i eat, but the weight i have lost so far, this system works for me.. The idea for eating a soup before my dinner came from a system called called volumetrics, a sort of way of eating that helps u feel satisfied without the calories.. When i would go out to a resturant pre-band i would never choose soup as a starter as it always used to fill me up before my main dish , i just chose to use this after being banded.

I eat 1000 calories a day and exercise at least 500 calories burned most days its nearer 800 calories frum cycling. I still get hungry between meals somedays and try and fill up on Water tea and coffee with skim milk.. Find what works for you and stick to it small changes to what u snack on , how u eat, when u eat etc all can make a difference .. become your own expert on you !

Do you only feel like this with a fill? I'm a few weeks out no fill yet not until April 9th, I'm actually still on soft foods and I don't feel like this at all. I could prob eat everything but I'm watching until I get a fill, do theses 1/2 cup meals happen with a fill or when you hit your sweet spot?? Please tell me I should not be feeling like this is with no fill?? lol I can say I prob do eat less then I use to but I can eat way more then 1/2 cup ( this is with no fill yet) April 9th 1st fill!

I try to measure my food, but sometimes it's so hard. I'll eat like 1/2 cup of cottage cheese or 1 hard-boiled egg and a stick of cheese. I like chicken nuggets and will have 5 and maybe a little mashed potatoes or a bit of veggies. Same with a small portion of pork or chicken breast. I don't really measure it out, I tend to eyeball it. So, 1/2 a chicken breast is good with potatoes or veggies. Even though I've mentioned mashed potatoes, I don't eat those that often, nor do I eat rice or bread much anymore. I try to stay away from bread stuff as much as possible.

I've been really luck and have only had a few stuck episodes (one was pretty bad) and every so often, I am super uncomfortable after I eat. So, I know at least I don't seem to be over-eating much.

Good luck to you.