Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breakfast & Just Some Help!!

Ok.. I need mega ideas for Breakfast. I'm a strange one. I've been searching for lapband friendly recipes but most call for items I do not like. I do not like eggs, oatmeal, cottage cheese, and yogurt. I"m going on my 3rd year of being banded. I've only lost 15lbs. I know I have not let the band work for me. I think i have like 7cc of stuff in my band and well at times i don't feel full or satisfied. I know its all in my head and i need to focus on eating only small portions and not snack.. VERY hard! I'm been trying to make a come back. I start back work tomorrow so I'm hoping that will keep my mind off of food since i've been home all week due to spring break.

So any sort of recipes will be grateful! I know at times I don't eat Breakfast because i'm not hungry which is fine but i get those urges.. Any good ideas for recipes for a girl trying to make the lapband work for me! Keep in mind what i don't like: eggs, oatmeal, cottage cheese, and yogurt. I'm sure there are other things i don't like but those are the main ones i've been seeing in a lot of breakfast recipes.

Thanks

Kathy

who said you had to have Breakfast food just because it's 8am? Just eat something healthy. (high protein/low carb/low fat) Or if you are one of those people that can just do with out breakfast....then substitute with a Protein Shake. That would give you the Protein you need to keep you going until lunch.< /p>

who said you had to have breakfast food just because it's 8am? Just eat something healthy. (high protein/low carb/low fat) Or if you are one of those people that can just do with out breakfast....then substitute with a Protein shake. That would give you the Protein you need to keep you going until lunch.

great idea, I've done breakfast for dinner but not vice versa, thanks

I have a hard time eating anything first thing in the morning. Hard to get down.

I invested in a good quality blender. Getting everything at costco, I make a high Protein smoothie starting with 2 scoops of 100% whey, some frozen berries. Sometimes a banana, Peanut Butter, orange slices,whatever you can imagine.

Bottom line I start the day with 40gm of Protein. Gives me energy and curbs my appetite the whole day.

In general, I am not much of a breakfast eater....never have been. I also make smoothies for breakfast. I do all kinds of smoothies...fruit smoothies, vegetable smoothies. I have made sweet potato smoothies, Peanut Butter and banana smoothies, apple cinnamon smoothies, banana pumpkin smoothies, smoothies with spinach. It's a good way for me to get nutrients in without having to eat them and I love them. fruit is naturally sweet, so I don't usually add any other sweeteners to mine.

But, like waitingpatiently said, you can eat whatever food you want for breakfast, just make it healthy. Good luck!

I do a lot of smoothies too - freat way to get fruit and veg. I loathe Protein shakes, but i do actually like Optifast. I love the coffee flavour with a bit of extra espresso and walnuts blended just so the walnuts still have crunch. Mmmmmm.

I also eat regular Cereal or toast, Im missing half my bowel and I really need a fairly high grain intake for the soluble fibre or Im in ten different kinds of trouble, but it has certainly not hurt weight loss or maintenance for me. I choose wholegrain varieties of course, not sugary kid Cereal. I love untoasted muesli.

Sometimes i just eat a good handful of trailmix.

I am not to real food stage, but did buy a book called "eating well after weight loss surgery" after my dietician recommended it. I also bought "Bandwagon Cookery" along with the 2nd edition of "Bandwagon."

In general' date=' I am not much of a breakfast eater....never have been. I also make smoothies for breakfast. I do all kinds of smoothies...fruit smoothies, vegetable smoothies. I have made sweet potato smoothies, Peanut Butter and banana smoothies, apple cinnamon smoothies, banana pumpkin smoothies, smoothies with spinach. It's a good way for me to get nutrients in without having to eat them and I love them. fruit is naturally sweet, so I don't usually add any other sweeteners to mine.

But, like waitingpatiently said, you can eat whatever food you want for breakfast, just make it healthy. Good luck![/quote']

Do you have a recipe for a vegetable smoothie? I really want to try one.

I agree!!! I wouldn't mind having your recipe for a veggie smoothie!

Peanut Butter and banana smoothies - from Georgia Girl! Thank you for the idea... I had not thought of this combo. I make it with a Premier Protein chocolate shake and it was delicious!

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/recipes/categories/

Here is a website that has a lot of clean smoothie recipes that I have used and like. For the most part, I try to eat as clean as possible but I do still have off days (mostly on the weekends). This website has some really good ones. If you come across a recipe that has greek yogurt and no added sweetener to it, you may want to add a little honey to it. I have found that some are a little too tangy for my taste, so I add honey or agave to mine.

I add a bunch of fresh spinach in my fruit smoothies and you can't even really taste the spinach. It's a great way for me to get in lots of nutrients.

Peanut Butter and banana smoothies - from Georgia Girl! Thank you for the idea... I had not thought of this combo. I make it with a premier Protein chocolate shake and it was delicious!

I love Peanut Butter and banana together! If there is a day when I need more Protein, I will add a scoop of chocolate whey Protein powder and it's soooo good! I cut up my fresh bananas and freeze them, so when I blend them in my smoothies, it almost has a milkshake consistency. You can also take a sliced frozen banana and add about 1/4 c. of milk, blend it (you may have to scrape the sides down a few times) and it comes out like banana ice cream. It's ice cream without the guilt!!