Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Am Crying As I Write This...

Hugs coming your way. Hope they help. I have to agree with everyone above, perhaps it is time to talk with someone and let go of your burdens. Perhaps getting them out in the open will make them more manageable. I also agree that you have a whole lot going for you. Keep your eyes on the positive and fix the things you have control over. I wish you the best. Remember you have a lot of people here pulling for you.

((((hugs))))

I know this is a difficult time for you, and I agree with what some of the others have said. It's difficult to be happy when you are being consumed with thoughts, especially those of your ex. OMG do I know! I think maybe seeing a counselor or therapist would be a good thing for you right now. Are there also any WLS support groups in your area? My Dr's office has a once a month group, and I believe there are some other's in my area too. I've been kinda scared to go, but I think it's going to help me a lot.

Geneen Roth has an excellent book out that my therapist (also an LB-er!) recommended, called, "When food Is Love," which is about emotional eating. I saw myself so many times over and over in that book. You should definetely check it out.

Honey I know how you feel and believe me it is not easy to just wake up and feel better. Ive been battling depression since I was 18 and I'm 38. But I also need to add, I'm a medical professional and depression can set in after surgery. Anesthesia can cause post op depression sometimes in people. This might be from all the changes you have expierenced from your personal life to your physical appearance.

It is okay to ask for help. Believe me that first step will make a world of difference. My primary care doctor explained to me last month that sometimes the physical changes, emotional changes and lifestyle change can make depression worse after surgery. You would think waking up to a new you would make everything brighter but change doesnt happen over night. So take a deep breath, relax and call your doctor. It is okay and make yourself smile again:)

(((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))) I feel for you, but I have feelings that are up, down, and all over the place as well. I will be having surgery 6/11 and all I can think about is "I shouldnt be eating this or I shouldnt be eating that" I have found support in the pre-op support groups. Have you tried going to a meeting? Please stay positive and think about being healthy with your weight loss, and the good things that will come along with it. That is what i keep telling myself. please keep intouch :)

You are not alone! Been there, done that! Find even one person that you can vent to and talk to about anything and everything and that will help tremendously. As far as the boyfriend leaving you, probably the best thing that ever happened, but you won't know until you look back on that years down the road. I have been up and down on this weight journey so many times, I quit smoking 10 yrs ago and with the change of life I had gotten to 235 pounds and hated me and everything else. I cried a lot to myself. Things will always change, I am to goal with losing 90 pds but have slipped and gained a stubborn 5-8 pounds that will not go away, so I am down again. See, that is how life works, I will defeat this emotional eating once again and life will be good, you wait and see you will be happy again shortly and this will be just another bad memory that you can disgard along with all the bad memories you have had. Keep the faith and for me sometimes a little prayer helps. Good luck and please keep in touch with all of us

There are many good suggestions posted here. First, check to see if your college provides mental health services. Most do and at no cost. Check to see if your surgeon or hospital has a support group for weight loss patients.

Depression is not something this is meant to be dealt with alone!!! Stay in school and take joy in every class you complete!

Please don't be afraid to seek counseling help. Where I went the per-surgery preparation included may workshops on the physical as well as mental/emotional changes that many people experience after WLS. I concentrated on the physical thinking that this was the major change I was making. To my surprise it was the emotional/mental changes that knocked me on my butt. As a happily married husband and father that was hard to admit or accept that this was my biggest challenge. Believe me that so many of us are with you in this. Several months later now after many months of talk therapy as well as pharmaceutical help I can look back and wonder how I made it through that time. By outward appearance all may seem wonderful and at the same time nobody else may know that mentally that same person could be barely holding it together.

You have taken a big step toward physical well being. Be sure to continue this holistic well being too as needed. The entire WLS team including coordinating doctors and NP's, psychologists and nutritionists have a lot of time invested in your success and when asked should quickly be able to give you referrals for help if you ask them. I know my NP who did my followup and fills was the best and true cares for her patients well being.

I want to take time to thank all of you! I took some time away and sorted my priorities! But I am so blessed to have found this forum and come across so many people who can care for someone they don't know! Thank you all again!

oh and btw I've lost 48.5 pounds!!

I'm glad to hear that things are better for you now Rae.

Congratulations! You are doing fabulous!!