Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Need More Protein. Please Help!

Hi I'm Sammatha and I was banded 2/24/12. I had my surgery at strax rejuvenation in lauderhill FL. Strax makes u buy Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacement Protein Powder to make Protein Shakes with. Well they're $85 a bag and I bought 2 bags vanilla and iced latte flavors. I had to drink them for two weeks pre op for all three meals and nothing else and I'm supposed to be drinking 2 of them a day right now. But the thought of drinking one more makes me gag. Please anybody, do u have names of Protein powders or shakes that I could buy at Walmart or target that are really high in protein and not crazy with to many calories or fat. And also some that aren't $85 a bag. I know that I need to be getting more protein in my diet but I just can't stand the taste of vanilla or latte right now and strax only recommends their affiliated Bariatric products and I just can't waste another $85 dollars on something I'm not going to finish. Thanks and good luck on your own personal bandster journeys. ???ƒ

Chobani greek yogurt has 23 g of Protein per 1/2 cup.

Greek yogurt smoothie:

1/2 cup Chobani Greek Yogurt (around $4 for a large container)

3-4 strawberries

splash of Water

handful of ice

Blend and strain. Add 1-3 packs of Splenda for sweetness.

Yummy!!

I ordered an unflavored Protein powder on line from a company called unjury, I then mixxed the powder with crystal light or fat free Jello the product came in 3 days

http://www.unjury.com/store/protein/

I swear by Syntrax nectar brand. They have a "Naturals" line that is made with Stevia instead of Splenda too.

They have the usual chocolate and vanilla (essence, which is DELICIOUS), plus a "Sweets" line and regular nectar (tons of fruity flavors, in case you're sick of chocolate).

From my Natural Orange bottle: 23 g Protein, 0 carbs, 0 g sugar.

I also freeze them in a bowl for an ice cream like snack. :)

The cheapest place I found them is www.supplementwarehouse.com Search Syntrax and see all of their products. Plus get free products with your order (shakers, pill dispensers, etc).

Let me know if you have any other questions!

GNC has an unflavored whey Protein Powder you can mix into things...just not anything hot because it clumps. Its very high in Protein. If you don't mind the sweet taste of artificial sweeteners you can do Protein Shots. Benefiber also makes a protein powder thats called BeneProtein that I use. Its only 6grams of protein per scoop but you can mix it into anything, even something hot. I've found that the easiest protein comes from cheese and its 6 grams per little one oz slice of block cheese. I can't stand the texture of yogurt so those are out for me. With a cup of milk, a package of Carnation Breakfast Essentials and a scoop of protein powder, I can get about 20 grams for breakfast.

I have also ordered an unflavored Protein called Fundamental Protein. It doesn't have any other additives other than they whey, which is nice because they usually have sweeteners, etc.

If you bought unflavored, you could mix it with all liquids, yogurts, Soup, etc...

I used to use the GNC unflavored...it comes in a black and red zip bag and you can put it in anything...soups , oatmeal whatever. I have not had a clumping problem but i have an immersion wand blender so I can just stick that in my soups...I dont taste it at all and one scoop is 22 grams of protiein. I also drink a Premier Protein drink from costco almost every morning...the case of 18 little milk cartons is maybe $27 but i am lazy to mix anything and it starts my day with 30 grams of rotein (160 cals). I like the vanilla or the chocolate...I think Sams club has it too.

I get these little Protein shots at CVS or Walgreens. They're 28g of Protein ~110 Calories and sugar free.

They taste like kids cough Syrup, so not the BEST tasting, but 5 sips and you're done. I have to have these in the morning because I can't get anything down. Not even juice or shakes.

I took a pic of the one I just finished.

x2_b782149.jpg

I'm not a fan of the ones you have to mix so I get Myoplex Lite in chocolate. It is pretty good. My first go around I bought some unflavored Protein powder from Walgreens. I cannot think of the name, but I mixed it in my smoothies on my full liquid diet.

Why did they make you buy their own recommened brand? Seems like they could have given you some options. Just curious.

Right? Kind of a racket if you ask me. <_<

Why did they make you buy their own recommened brand? Seems like they could have given you some options. Just curious.

i just found one that I really like to have for my morning sncak. It's called AdvantEDGE and they are 110 calories and 17 grams Protein. I bought them at Target for $4.99 for 4. Saw them at the grocery store and Walgreens also but for much higher. I like to freeze them and then defrost a little bit. You can cut the top off of the foil like container. I also like the high protein Slimfasts as well.

I do not do shakes but they now make some 10 g protien bars and then eggs meats tuna fish, can salmon- i read lables now and get the highest Protein anything. I like Strax,, daughter in law did body lift with them.. Maybe one day can go do Tummy Tuck, , :D

Hey! We are band twins, same surgery day here.....I like Jay Robb Protein powder. You can buy it at Kroger or The Vitamin Shoppe. A bag with 11 servings costs about $25. It's still pricey, but it is really good (my favorite is the dreamsicle). I DO NOT like the chocolate or the strawberry. At The Vitamin Shoppe they sell little packets that you can try before you commit to a big bag. It has zero sugar, no fat, 110 calories and 25 grams of protein per serving and is made from whey where the cows are not all roided up and full of antibiotics, so whew-hoo! I hate it that your doc made you buy stuff there; that's the pits. Oh, you can also find it cheaper online......let me know how you are doing......good luck!

There is a whey Protein Shot that Walmart sells that has 42 grams of protein. It is in a vile like tube. The flavors are grape , acai , watermellon. We mix them with a bottle of Water and package of crystal light. Each vile is two dollars and some change. Good Luck , Hope it works

There is a whey Protein Shot that Walmart sells that has 42 grams of Protein. It is in a vile like tube. The flavors are grape , acai , watermellon. We mix them with a bottle of Water and package of crystal light. Each vile is two dollars and some change. Good Luck , Hope it works

I've tried those too. That's cheaper than what CVS sells them for. They're really similar to the little shot guys I posted earlier. Taste a bit better though.