Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 Month Bandiversary - 95 Pounds Gone!!!!!!!

Just a hopeful note for all the would be bandsters out there and the newbys. I never EVER thought I'd be posting something like this - I had read others' successful posts and still thought "that's them but i'll never get there". WELL... HERE I AM!!!!! I cannot believe I'm closing in on 100 pounds but it's happening! I'm so, so grateful to every one of you on this site that encourages and helps and spreads positivity. This site is wonderful and a big part of my success, I am sure of it. For anyone wanting my "tips" to the loss - here they are:

• It took me 5 fills and 4.5 months to feel ANY restriction. I now have 8.5ccs in 14cc band. I do not know if I'm in the green zone but I do have restriction and things get stuck and "hurt" going down when I do not chew well enough etc. This helps me psychologically because it makes me more disinterested in food (i.e., takes the "sport" or "fun" of eating away - which is what got me morbidly obese to begin with).
  • Per my surgeon I'm at 800 calories per day - I stick to this about 85%-90% of time. I have a "cheat" day about once every week to 10 days. I go to about 1200 calories or so on that day. My surgeon and nurse care manager at health insurance both say this is actually a good idea as it keeps the body from plateauing (sp? LOL) by shaking things up a bit.
  • I've hardly exercised - my guilty little secret is that I am waiting to "kick in" the exercise when I hit a plateau which I have not done yet. I know, I know, this is not good - it's my one "bad bandster" issue but I know I'll HAVE to do it at some point either because of a plateau or to maintain once at goal.
  • I tell anyone that asks me how i'm losing the weight about the band (and I educate them on it when they seem interested/ask questions). This works for me because I care way too much what people think and it holds me very accountable - in other words I'd do about anything to avoid the embarassment of gaining weight when others know I had the surgery. Again, this works for me - not everyone.

That's about it. YOU ARE ALL TRULY A BLESSING AND I LOVE THIS SITE. BEST OF LUCK TO US ALL ON OUR JOURNEYS!!!!!!!!!!fruitsex.gif

Hurray! for you! What is your goal? My son ahd his surgery in AUgust, I concidered him a fast looser until I saw your piost :-) !! He has lost almost 70 lbs, and has about 30- to go, but is looking amazing already. I am sure that you look and feel great, too! KAren

Thanks for sharing Allison, I love to read stories like yours! Congrats on coming up on 100 pounds! I think I may shoot for that as well! what have I got to lose????? Um, 17 more pounds!

Congratulations! Doesn't it feel great? I am the same way with telling everyone about my band for the same reason. I say whatever works, right? You are doing an awesome job! Keep it up!

thanks so much everyone - yes i'm super excited to be in this position. Every single time i see someone who I have not seen for months the first words out of their mouths are how fantastic i look - it's a great feeling and certainly beats me feeling ashamed to see people i had not seen in a long time! I just wish i had felt more confident back in September to go to my 20th reunion - i was down about 50 pounds or so at that point and still felt too heavy/embarassed. While I'm a good 40-50 pounds higher than i was in high school right now - i still would have gone at this weight - thinking most people put on weight since HS so no biggie... LOL Oh well. laugh.png

Hurray! for you! What is your goal? My son ahd his surgery in AUgust, I concidered him a fast looser until I saw your piost :-) !! He has lost almost 70 lbs, and has about 30- to go, but is looking amazing already. I am sure that you look and feel great, too! KAren

your son is doing awesome!!!! i have not locked in a goal yet - the surgeon said 120-130 before surgery but that would only get me to 157 or 147 - when i'd really prefer to be around 130 or 140 tops. we will see - i'm taking it one pound at a time =)

Thanks for sharing Allison, I love to read stories like yours! Congrats on coming up on 100 pounds! I think I may shoot for that as well! what have I got to lose????? Um, 17 more pounds!

You are doing fantastic and your pics look awesome! Good for you - soon we'll both be members of the centurian club (sp?) LOL - there should be a special gold lap band ring (like a super bowl ring) for the 100 pound loss - LOL!!!!!

WOW! Yay you and congratulations! Keep up the amazing work and keep us posted. I'm 1-month post op and can't wait to share my success story!

This is exactly what I needed today...Talked to a co ordinator today, one step closer...I was actually thinking, others can do it, but really, can I actually do it? I am diffrent,etc...so your words hit home with me, as alot of others do...its awesome!! good for you and keep going!!