Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill Post Op Rectal Bleeding???

Has anyone had a problem with rectal bleeding after their first fill? My husband had his first fill today and came home when he had a bowel movement he is bleeding not to sure what to think he hasnt had any problem with going to the bathroom since post op.

he could have hemmroids and thats the bleeding..

so do u think it could be just a coincidence that he had his first fill today?? He has never had a problem with them before thats why he is alittle nervous. He did call the dr and they said if the next time he went if there was still bleeding to go to the emergency room. I just wondered if this has happened to anyone before??

Is it bright red? Could be fissures ( no sure if I spelled it correctly) or hemorrhoids.

coincidence. fissures or hemorrhoids.

Extremely unlikely to be related to the band or his fill. You sound worried so get him to have it checked out. Peace of mind is worth it!

Oh god PLEASE get this checked out right away. I learned the hard way there is NO reasonable excuse not to investigate rectal bleeding right away. I know it will frighten you but im going to say it anyway because it will mean youll do something - I had fairly innocuous rectal bleeding which was both red and black and tarry - it was hard to recognise that but in hindsight it just smelled weird, sort of metallic. I even posted on here a few times. In the end i had a stage 2 rectal cancer and have just come through the hardest eighteen months of my life. I had no other symptoms. He needs to go and ave a colonoscopy as sdoon as possible.

Im sorry to be alarmist, but i put off doing anything about it for six months and my doctors all freaked at me, time is really of the essence as to pick this disease up in the early stages mean you can avoid chemo, which is beyond foul and has left me with a lot of other minor health problems.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches