Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Personal Decision to Discuss

I told. I continue to be amazed at how positive and supportive people at work have been. They help me stay motivated. Good luck with your decision!

I've told everyone. I have so much support, it's unbelievable. My boss is so excited for me and both male and female family, friends and coworkers. My husband and I discussed bypass and that was a definite NO! When I heard about the band I was in and my husband has been completely supportive about it. I have no problem with anyone knowing. And if they think it's a cop out or something because I'm having surgery, they can suck rope!!!!! (whatever that means). They don't know the life long struggle I've had with my weight and that this is a last option for me and I can't wait.

I told everyone at first, now I wish I hadn't. I went 6 months last summer not loosing at all and everyone was asking why it wasn't working for me. It was really embarassing for people to think that I had weight loss surgery (and they all think bypass since it is the one in all the media) and I wasn't losing weight. They wanted to know what I was doing wrong and why others can lose 100 pounds in 6 months. I still hate explaining it especially since I am 15 months out and still only around 70 pounds down. I am still obese and people ask me if the surgery didn't work or what?? I should have kept my mouth closed.

I haven't told anyone at work, had to do some std paperwork and they saw my iv tape lines( they take forever to come off!!) said while I was off had some healthtest done, endoscopy, since thy know they use iv for test, no one has said a thing. I work witha large group of nurses, in close quarters. didn't say because of other pts that come in with wls, they have commented on after they have left. so it would be the same for me. I am comfortable in this as I loose I will just say changing lifestyle and eating to be healthier..:)

i told my brother, sister parents and 2 close friends (one had had bypass). no one else. i hear people talking about others at work (gosh-she has gained alot of weight), or other rude comments and i just didn't want to hear it if for some reason this did not work for me...gosh, this weight stuff is hard enough as it is without my entire office watching me

i may one day decide to share my story because it could help others. people have noticed me eating less and my weight loss and i just say thank you. if they try to push it i tell them i am on my way somewhere or excuse myself. there are a few people in particular that try to get it out of me, one actually asked if i had bypass surgery. those types of people are not my real friends. they just want some juicy gossip to pass around.

there are a few really wonderful people at the office that i may share with because i know how they are struggling and i want to help.

i believe it is private info...if you want to tell the world, go for it!!! if you choose not to, that is okay too.

when i hit goal i may call oprah and shout it from the mountian tops. i doubt anyone will mind i did not share with them first : )